222070 Bullies, 4042 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SURRRRRPRISE! Guess who's coming to Showtime's Strikeforce next month!

If you guessed Andre Arlovski, then pat yourself on the back and get yourself an Ice cream using the change I got from pawning 1point2's respect and dignity off to some Mexican gentleman in the downtown district. If not, read on!

That's right, the man who undoubtedly has the most awesomest bestest mouthpiece this side of the Solar System is showing up for next month's Strike Force.

HO HO HO! Who is the crazy hairy bear going to be battling? Thus far, undefeated Brett Rogers. As shown here represented by Mr. T:

I don't know much about Brett Rogers, except that he REALLY looks like Mr. T. I mean not just because he's black. That's Just racist, but also because he REALLY LOOKS LIKE MR. T.

After Fedor touched Arlovski's chin last January, Arlovski's been pretty much doing nothing of note. Probably training or sleeping or hibernating. Something like that, it's always winter in Russia or Siberia, whatever, and that whole place is all the same. Cold, creepy, depressing and communist. And bears need to hibernate.

Anyway, Rogers debuted in April stopping another huge guy with the hilariously surnamed, "Humphrey." Haha, I love that name. He stopped him with knees in the 2nd round. Look it up, I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet. Rogers is looking to be a heavy force to plow through Strikeforce. We'll see how he does being put up against more people of note.

This will be Arlovski's last bout for his contract with Affliction. So we here at Bullshido have no idea where that'll leave the man. He still plans on boxing for Golden Boy Productions with his debut coming June 27th in LA which will be exciting and also something to look forward to.

Anybody know if Mr. T ever fought a bear in the A-team? I think we should use that as reference material before laying down any bets. I'm looking forward to this fight. Arlovski is still one of the best HW fighters in the world, despite having lost to the #1 guy, but that doesn't make you still one of the best. We'll see how well he does against this up and coming fighter. Good luck to the both of you gentlemen.

Your brother in Christ,

Dr. Sirc Awesomeness
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 5/19/2009 5:04pm at .

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shouldn't have cut his damn hair.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about the constant picture swaps. I wanted to find my favorite picture of Mr. T.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:11pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mmabay.co.uk/img/brett_rogers.jpg

...damn, he really does look like mister T. right down to the mohawk (although, without the mohawk, he looks nothing like him really).

Anyway the point is, what happened to Arlovski's plans to go into pro boxing?

And doesn't rashad evans have the same vampire fang mouthpiece? (and why the hell do i get a picture of two girls kissing, and the cover from avril lavigne's first album when i search for "rashad evans mouthpiece" ???

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090 View Post
    http://www.mmabay.co.uk/img/brett_rogers.jpg

...damn, he really does look like mister T. right down to the mohawk (although, without the mohawk, he looks nothing like him really).

Anyway the point is, what happened to Arlovski's plans to go into pro boxing?

And doesn't rashad evans have the same vampire fang mouthpiece? (and why the hell do i get a picture of two girls kissing, and the cover from avril lavigne's first album when i search for "rashad evans mouthpiece" ???
    He still plans on it. I don't think you actually read the first post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:33pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brett's a tough cookie. Should be a fun match to watch!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:33pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post
    He still plans on it. I don't think you actually read the first post.
    I stopped reading when you started talking about how Humphrey was a hilarious surname. I didn't realise you'd gone back to legitimate discussion afterwards.

Especially when my vague skimming saw you talk about Mr T fighting a bear.

Oh well.

I'll be quite interested to see how he gets on in pro boxing.

EDIT: can Anyone confirm rashad's mouthpiece being the same?

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:39pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brett is pretty tough and has heavy hands, I'd expect what I feel is Arlovski's higher level of striking out pointing him.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090 View Post
    I stopped reading when you started talking about how Humphrey was a hilarious surname. I didn't realise you'd gone back to legitimate discussion afterwards.

Especially when my vague skimming saw you talk about Mr T fighting a bear.

Oh well.

I'll be quite interested to see how he gets on in pro boxing.

EDIT: can Anyone confirm rashad's mouthpiece being the same?
    See what happens when you are being stupid?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Brett is pretty tough and has heavy hands, I'd expect what I feel is Arlovski's higher level of striking out pointing him.
    As long as Brett doesn't touch Arlovski's chin, I think Arlovski will do ok.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast