Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sway View Post
    Only seems fair to point out the "other" kind of douchebag. He's the musclebound asshole who monopolizes the machines in the circuit area doing multiple sets of "insert any excercise here". He is closely related to douchebag "A" but not ballsy enough to offend the mighty, so he monopolizes machines reserved for the weak and usually (but not always) female. It's every man for himself it seems.
    And if you hate planet fitness (whoever you are) please stay the **** out. I find it amusing how a guy can post how he and his DB buddy are guilty of the inconsiderate behavior in the original post but seem to think it's OK because it's Planet Fitness.
    Fat asses like me (yes I admit it) are struggling to get in shape and as we toil along in shameful anonymity, we don't need to be pushed around (or out) by rude douchebags. Cheerio!
    I always hear about this, and have never experienced or prepetuated it. When exactly was the last time that someone bigger and stronger than you at the gym forced you out or was needlessly rude to you?

I honestly think this is just people's insecurity playing against them.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 4:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    errr...don't be *that guy*? :qleft6:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 7:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I always hear about this, and have never experienced or prepetuated it. When exactly was the last time that someone bigger and stronger than you at the gym forced you out or was needlessly rude to you?

I honestly think this is just people's insecurity playing against them.
    The last time I was at the gym 2 different big guys planted themselves on machines in the circuit workout and hung out for a while doing multiple sets. The women on the circuit had to work around them. I was one of those women. While it may be insecurity that stops us from asking them to move, there are signs all over the circuit area (which is also fenced off) specifically asking people not to work out there unless they are on the circuit.
    While you may not have experienced it, the fact that you "always hear about this" speaks volumes. Also I thank you for never having perpetuated it. Insecurity or not the behavior is rude and merits douchebag status. Just like the jerk doing curls in the squat rack.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 8:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that I always hear about it does not serve as proof of anything. I always hear people say that when you become a black belt, you have to register your hands as leathal weapons. I always hear people say that BJJ doesn't work with more than one opponent. Etc etc. Really, it makes me more think that people are simply letting their insecurities get the best of them and assuming that the "big strong" people are jerks. As you said, you didn't ask them to move, and you wonder why they don't. Most times, these topics boil down to passive agressiveness with people wanting other people to read their minds because they want to avoid confrontation.

I trained in a gym with a sign that said "No deadlifts". I did deadlifts. I figured that if someone really cared, they'd talk to me. No one did, so I continued to do deadlifts.

Whenever someone is hogging the rack for curls, I ask them if they'll do them somewhere else so I can squat. Almost every single time, they move. Going back home and typing about it on the internet isn't going to solve anything.
    Last edited by Emevas; 6/16/2009 8:36pm at .
    "Emevas,

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The OP didn't ask the guy doing curls in the squat rack to move either.
    Why address my reply instead of the original post? No worries. It doesn't change anything but you are making my point for me. I will continue to go home and write about it on the internet just like everyone else on this forum including you. I won't be replying to this thread anymore because it's just digressing into an irellevant argument. I agree with the OP. Nuff said.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 7:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sway View Post
    The OP didn't ask the guy doing curls in the squat rack to move either.
    Why address my reply instead of the original post? No worries. It doesn't change anything but you are making my point for me. I will continue to go home and write about it on the internet just like everyone else on this forum including you. I won't be replying to this thread anymore because it's just digressing into an irellevant argument. I agree with the OP. Nuff said.

Yes, Phrost didn't ask the guy to move either...that's my point.

I'm addressing your reply rather than your original post because I already addressed the original post. Do you not see all of my posts saying "oh god, just stop"?

I'm conversing with you, rather than using the internet to vent my frustration. The difference being that I'm telling you that going home and complaining on the internet will not fix the problem of the people in the gym not being mind readers. I don't quite see how I'm making any point for you.
    "Emevas,

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 11:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop taking pics of me working out, dirty voyeur!

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 1:01pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I lifted at a community center, I couldn't stand working out with all the people coming in to see how much they can lift one time, and then sitting on the machines and benches talking about it and telling everyone what they were doing wrong. I took kinesiology courses, they had a magazine - and I was "wrong". No supervision.

Enventually I got the key, alarm code, and eventually a loyal group of guys, showing up at 5:55 to go in. Best training environment I ever had.

Posted On:
    7/20/2009 1:42pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Yes, Phrost didn't ask the guy to move either...that's my point.

I'm addressing your reply rather than your original post because I already addressed the original post. Do you not see all of my posts saying "oh god, just stop"?

I'm conversing with you, rather than using the internet to vent my frustration. The difference being that I'm telling you that going home and complaining on the internet will not fix the problem of the people in the gym not being mind readers. I don't quite see how I'm making any point for you.
    As I explained, there was no need to ask the guy to move when the power cage was open. Should I run into a situation where the power cage is occupied and someone's doing curls in the squat rack, of course I'll ask the guy to move with whatever degree of politeness (or lack thereof) called for by the situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 8:34am

Style: Dirty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have an intuition that everyone who bitched about Phrost complaining in this thread is just jealous that when they wanna complain about something on the internet, no one pays attention.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast