Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 2:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshinryu Karate, BJJ, +

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and the "butt-to-bench" squat guy. If you can't put your ass to the floor then reduce the weight. No one is impressed.
    Agreed. Use the equip practically or get out the way. BUT I really really would love to point out that quote. Your lifting techniques are out dated partner touching your ass to the floor was agreed to be a bad idea uhh I don't know approx. 50 effin years ago... Who taught you that junk? Seriously though keep that up and you won't be doing squats for long.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 5:40am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    um actually, ass to grass squats> halway squats. i hope you just misconveyed what you were talking about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 9:03am

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tru dat. the bodybuilding idiots who came up with the whole "dont squat deep" 50 effin yrs ago have been proven wrong by modern exercise phys. squat deep, squat often

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 3:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate the guys who work out in Polo shirts. It just screams utter doucheness

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 9:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Isshinryu Karate, BJJ, +

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ass to grass squats> halway squats
    No, it was conveyed just how I wanted it to be. And, It not a matter of body building what so ever. It's a matter of technique, science, and some common sense. Modern technique (not body building technique) calls for the Femur to be Parallel with the ground. The muscles you are targeting are not the ones working when you bend goes so far. It put's tremendous stress on the joint, it's simple commonly known concept of diminishing returns. Just trying to help instead of being a jerk off it would be more productive to actually look into such an idea. I'd say it's time to upgrade your wisdom there partner.

P.S. This is the general squat technique taught at collegiate football combines and camps. Some preach going no lower then a 90 degree angle. But, hey go ahead and use your old techniques and ruin your joints or better yet blow one of them bad boys right out. ;)

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a thought: Do both. ATG and powerlifting legal.

To the guy saying ATG squats cause your knee to blowup: How come every Olympic lifter on earth isn't in crutches right now? They all squat to ATG to catch cleans and snatches in comp, and most of their squat training is very much ATG.

When you squat ATG, bar placement and recruitment of hips alter compared to a low bar powerlifting legal squat. Learn how to effectively use both, and stop having lifting topics on this board.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 10:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and the "butt-to-bench" squat guy. If you can't put your ass to the floor then reduce the weight. No one is impressed.
    This is a legitimate move. I was taught to do this as a way to practice my squat technique.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 3:33am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aforaker View Post
    No, it was conveyed just how I wanted it to be. And, It not a matter of body building what so ever. It's a matter of technique, science, and some common sense. Modern technique (not body building technique) calls for the Femur to be Parallel with the ground. The muscles you are targeting are not the ones working when you bend goes so far. It put's tremendous stress on the joint, it's simple commonly known concept of diminishing returns. Just trying to help instead of being a jerk off it would be more productive to actually look into such an idea. I'd say it's time to upgrade your wisdom there partner.

P.S. This is the general squat technique taught at collegiate football combines and camps. Some preach going no lower then a 90 degree angle. But, hey go ahead and use your old techniques and ruin your joints or better yet blow one of them bad boys right out. ;)
    im debating whether to get into this but really, whats the point? the info is out there about deep squats, and so is the evidence (and none of it points to blown knees from deep squatting, funnily enough) and im about to miss a movie on tv. go and get some links to relevant studies that actually support halfway squatting (apart from people learning or who lack the flexibility and shouldnt be doing squats anyway) and we can talk. deep squats are not the be all end all of squats, sure, but they arent dangerous unless performed improperly (like everything else really). as a side note, this is what i do for a living, and so i do tend to do a little bit of research on it as well.
    Last edited by alex; 6/07/2009 3:51am at .

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    This is a legitimate move. I was taught to do this as a way to practice my squat technique.
    I hope it wasn't actually a bench, but a box, as a bench is way too high to hit parallel unless you're like 6'10
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 2:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a shirt I wear to the gym. It always gets smiles from guys who understand the rules of the gym. Here's the front and back:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast