Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2011 11:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jeet kune do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah man!, don't get me started! i work at a gym and i don't wanna whine to much, but another thing i hate is people not racking there weights. i mean if your too weak to re-rack your weights use lighter weights. tripping over 100 lbs abandoned dumbells is freaking unacceptable. and whats up with half reps? if you can't get a full range of motion with the weight your using try using lighter weight unless of course you have some sort of injury that disallows full range of motion. half reps with heavy weight does not impress me, my weak-self could do that!

Posted On:
    5/11/2011 11:44am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes it just goes beyond gym etiquette to a lack of manners in general; there should be a parenting license.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 10:45am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking priceless..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 10:57am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnix View Post
    ah man!, don't get me started! i work at a gym and i don't wanna whine to much, but another thing i hate is people not racking there weights. i mean if your too weak to re-rack your weights use lighter weights. tripping over 100 lbs abandoned dumbells is freaking unacceptable. and whats up with half reps? if you can't get a full range of motion with the weight your using try using lighter weight unless of course you have some sort of injury that disallows full range of motion. half reps with heavy weight does not impress me, my weak-self could do that!
    I also work at a gym and just the other day one we almost had an all out fight over it. One of our trainers, Tommy is.....passionate. And we have....had, a problematic client that would never rack his ****....well Tommy had it up to here with this guy-and it's so funny because Tommy's like 55 and he's HUGE. Well Tommy grabs this guys arm to get his attention and the guy starts screaming at the top of his lungs, "Don't fucking touch meeeee!!!" LOL! He was screaming like a girl it was crazy; we got him to leave.....he cancelled his membership...damn..

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:37am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this thread is old but curling in the squat racks and power racks is still common practice at my gym.

It doesn't throw me into a rage, but it can be slightly annoying at peak hours when you gotta wait for a squat rack. My gym only has two of them. It's definitely lame when it's a personal trainer having a client do it.

I bet if the racks weren't in front of mirrors I'd see this a lot less.
    Last edited by Fearless Ukemi; 8/24/2012 10:43am at .
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011