• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 7:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha man I see this at my gym all the time.

I never know exactly how i should approach them so I don't make them feel retarded

Dysfunctionally Strong

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_flippy View Post
    I have an intuition that everyone who bitched about Phrost complaining in this thread is just jealous that when they wanna complain about something on the internet, no one pays attention.
    No, it's more that, on a site that promotes confrontation, this was incredibly passive aggressive. Along with that, most people complaining about numbers usually sport small numbers themselves.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Featherweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/18/2010 12:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** it. that's funny i'm back and i'm laughing......luv ya bullshido

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    1/01/2011 12:39pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacked Frost View Post
    No, it's more that, on a site that promotes confrontation, this was incredibly passive aggressive.
    I just found this thread, linked on another site. Figured I'd resurrect it to respond to something I'd missed.

A few months after the incident pictured happened, I was in the exact same situation. I occupied the power cage while a (different) douchebag next to me did curls in the squat rack.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not exactly shy on confronting people when it's necessary. In the situation which prompted this article, it wasn't; I'm not the gym police and as long as I've got a place to squat, I don't care if there's a troupe of horny gypsies using the squat rack to bugger each other. So there was no need for a confrontation then.

However, I do occasionally appoint myself as Etiquette Czar in situations when people's inconsiderate behavior makes things suck for everyone around them - talking loudly in a movie theater, for example.

Here's what I wrote about the situation pictured above, when I posted the picture to my Facebook wall:

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    This individual at the gym was doing curls in the squat rack. Afterwards, he walked off without unracking his set of 10lb weights. I attempted a polite chat with the gentleman about this, giving good-natured advice about courtesy and ettiquitte.

This seemed to upset him a great deal and he threatened to "find me in the street sometime". He must have been terribly busy because when I inquired as to what was wrong with "right now" he turned and walked off. That's what I get for being friendly, I guess.
    The moral of the story is that sometimes you need to confront people who are being douchebags, and sometimes you don't. The difference is the degree to which their douchebag behavior impacts the people around them.

Posted On:
    1/11/2011 3:49am

Style: Frecloclona

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hey guys

fuking love this forum

:)

Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Czar

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 4:13am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ all that **** up there.

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    4/03/2011 4:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell with the gym. Workout at home.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Achievements:
    VeteranYour first GroupThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class

Posted On:
    4/03/2011 5:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This kind of thing irritates me to no end. I workout at a higher-end gym, which unfortunately means it's full of Primadonnas and mirror-whores, and you could count the number of LIFTERS on one hand. I've personally gone both routes: trying to be polite and quiet, letting douchebags do their thing and then letting that anger fuel an extra hard set of squats to show them what's what. Also, tried approaching them and asking nicely (I often ask hey, can we trade locations? Cuz you know, I can't do squats out here, but you can do curls out here). Every once in a while I get success with one or the other, but rarely. It's to the point where I make an effort to hit the gym during hours when I know few people are there. It's not worth letting douchebaggery get into my headspace and **** up my lifts.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 12:59pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I just found this thread, linked on another site. Figured I'd resurrect it to respond to something I'd missed.

A few months after the incident pictured happened, I was in the exact same situation. I occupied the power cage while a (different) douchebag next to me did curls in the squat rack.

However, I do occasionally appoint myself as Etiquette Czar in situations when people's inconsiderate behavior makes things suck for everyone around them - talking loudly in a movie theater, for example..
    Late last year, I asked a chap sitting on the Shoulder Press station if he could share and allow me to use it while he was Resting. He told me he had 'one more set' - predictably, I told him that there is an existing Etiquette which encouraged use etc etc. He called me an "Idiot" - the brave middle class bloke.

What can you do? (Short of knocking some fucking sense into 'em). Well, no doubt he'll meet someone less charitable than me...someday.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    4/04/2011 1:09pm

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading this thread has really made me appreciate the gym I go to. I've never had anyone be less than totally courteous to me, and everyone comes in solely to work out. My group does show up at 5am and are out by 6, so I'm only interacting with a small percentage of the clientele.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast