Page 6 of 8 First ... 2345678 Last
    Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I blame you pika....I mean War Wheel.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Tripp, I'm sorry you didn't see the humor in my parody of the self-important tone that many of us, myself included, can take from time to time. I was 90% just playing around with you. None of that changes the core points which are:

1) My advice is not that the child strike the bully, but that he be comfortable executing his response (what ever that is) even if he is eating punches.

2) Folkstyle is key (here we are in perfect agreement)
    3) Combat SAMBO would be ideal (I didn't state this explictly, but I do believe it, and again we are in agreement)

3 a.) SanDa and Atemi Waza focused Judo accomplish the same goal for juniors: training to throw while strikes are in play; Training to strike while throws are in play. I have acknowledged the rarity of quality SanDa, will you do the same for the latter?

3 b.) I have stated several times that I have my son in SAMBO as well as SanDa. The SanDa program he is in is very Draka influenced, and IMO Draka/SanDa + SAMBO ≈ Combat SAMBO. That was the point of chosing both arts.

4) If you go back to before the comedy started you will see that I advocated starting striking arts early, not for offensive reasons, but for defensive reasons. I certainly don't advocate stiking in all circumstances. I don't advocate anything in all circumstances.

5) The constant reference to the double-leg is silly given that (as previously stated) I advocate Folkstyle be started as soon as it is available. My kid wrestled for 2 years and has the best sprawl on his team.

6) I'm sorry I upset you. Actually, I'm not. I'm sorry I upset you so much that you never got the joke. I was as much mocking myself and my own retorical style as taking the piss out of you. No lasting harm was intended. We actually agree on quite a bit here.

Cheers

Edit: after watching the Stadion video, I have to retract the benefit of the doubt I was giving re: the Atemi Waza training. Here are 2 Bullies practicing SanDa:

YouTube - Bullshido TD:2009 Strikestanian vs ACYD TheWinterOfOurDiscontent

Compare to the Stadion vid for aliveness.

Note: this is just a request for a better video showing the kind of Judo training you are describing.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 5/20/2009 3:31pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Style
    Noob-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's another, longer term advantage to enrolling a child in wrestling at a young age vice a striking art: The kid gets good enough and enjoys it enough, there may be a scholarship dropped on his desk later.

College money FTW?

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami View Post
    I can't guarantee that Judo, or BJJ, would land my child in less trouble but it certainly would not land them in any more trouble.

I guess I'm just trying to say I agree with you.
    The one time my son used a sub (guillotine) the school absolutely freaked. They reacted as if he were trying to murder the other kid. I would rather he had punched the kid. At least the school knows that a punch is not attempted murder.

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These days, punching will get your kid assault charges and suspension, while chokes will get them attempted murder. You're both missing the obvious answer (no, not pins and hold downs).

If you don't want to be picked on, you have look tough. That means Affliction t-shirts, Tapout hats, and UFC shorts. One of those thin douche-bag beards probably wouldn't hurt either. Isn't this another version of striking vs grappling? YMAS.

Style
    FMA BJJ Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie999 View Post
    He'll probably get teased a bunch for doing a "gay" art like Judo as little kids like arts like TKD, Karate, Kung Fu and think grappling arts are gay and kicks and punches and flashy moves are awesome.
    That's odd, here Judo is extremelly popular among children. Karate and TKD too, but it's hard to find a middle class kid that hasn't ever trained in Judo. I was one of the exceptions althought my father was one of those Judo kids and wanted me to try it but at the time I was more interested in watching Ducktales and Swat Kats. The prejudice you mention can be felt more towards BJJ not by the kids but many parents turn away because of the bad reputation the sport gained here specially in the 90's.

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has the OP even replied since his post? Maybe he's busy but he's missing out on all this "quality" advice. I'm gonna hold off on my "quality" advice until he says something and replies.

Style
    MCMAP, Judo, sex appeal
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, finally something i know a little about:

In terms of fighting in school, it is a BAD idea. Bad idea, as my assistant principle threatened to charge me with assault, and had the police called, after i was attacking in school. I got into a shoving match, walked away after i dumped him, he came up, grabbed me by the throat, I hit him. (he started it...not the point)

If i had clinched and peppered him with knees, if i had lit him up with hooks and crosses, it would have looked VERY bad. Schools do NOT play around with fighting, and the days when you'd get two pairs of boxing gloves and settle it in the wrestling room during gym are over, i assure you.

Now, as for what kids should be learning, Depends on the age. Join the wrestling team, if early. I guarantee that'll stop all the problems. The wrestlers stick together, and no one really wants to mess with them. Plus they'll get all sorts of self confidence, the kind of stuff that is krytponite to a bully.

What if it is too late? Well, find a GOOD grappling school. Think about who your kid will be fighting, and what potential training they might have.

Really, think about it. There are some VERY accomplished junior boxers in my school. They've laid me out in sparring sessions. They don't go start ****.

The type of kids, who train in anything worth training in, do NOT bully other students.

Now, we're left with cobra kai krotty blackbelts, and kids with low self esteem and no practical fighting experience.

How do these people start fights? With pushing, shoving, posturing. Why does this happen? Because they don't want to fight. IF it does come down to blows, they aren't coming from mike tyson junior, they're coming from Cpt. Twinkie.

This brings me onto my next point: The bully doesn't want to fight.

Teach your kid to walk away. Start this early, because trust me, it will take a LOT of time to get them to understand it.

< But my kid is not going to be a *****! He's going not going to let anyone walk all over him, he'll kick everyone's ass, he's the next Steven Segull >

You're a bad parent. Period.

But if you're so hell bent on your kid being a walking, barely contained whirlwind of death...put him in wrestling. The fight you won't teach your kid to walk away from will look like this

Posture posture posture
    posture posture posture

push

double leg, mount, stoppage due to teachers.

Much better then

Posturepostureposture
    push

jab, cross, clinch, 2-3 knees and a trip to juvie.

Wrestling isn't an option? Judo. Sambo. Hell, even Jiu jitsu.

But honestly, all the martial arts training in the world will subsititue you sitting down and talking with your child about fighting, about when to fight, when not to fight. In terms of BJJ, and a lesser extent at a younger age, Judo and Sambo, when to armbar and choke, and when to just hold mount and wait for the teacher.

(note: this was not directed at anyone on this thread, and I'm NOT calling any of you bad parents)

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    PS:

"TEACHER COMMENTS WERE VERY POSITIVE." - Killingly Intermediate School, Danville, CT

"GREAT!" - Whitney Elementary School, Stratford, CT

"IT WAS NOT ONLY INFORMATIVE, IT WAS EXCITING AND FUN. THE CHILDREN AND ADULTS LOVED IT!!" - Ingram Elementary School, Westbrook, CT

"MR. TRIPP WAS PROMPT & PROFESSIONAL. HE HELD THE STUDENTS' ATTENTION, LISTENED ATTENTIVELY TO ALL QUESTIONS & WAS HAPPY TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS. ALL OF THE DEMONSTRATIONS WORKED. THE PROGRAM WAS ENTERTAINING AS WELL AS INFORMATIVE. HE ESPECIALLY DID A GOOD JOB WITH 1ST & 2ND GRADERS." - Beaupre Elementary School, Aurora, IL

"TEACHERS AND CHILDREN REALLY ENJOYED THE PROGRAM!" - Gates Elementary School, Aurora, IL

"WONDERFUL. MR. TRIPP HELD EVERYONES INTEREST" - Jefferson Middle School, Aurora, IL

"VERY ENTERTAINING. GOOD PROGRAM." - Lincoln Elementary School, Aurora, IL

"IT WAS FANTASTIC!" - Heritage Lake School, Carol Stream, IL

"AN ENJOYABLE AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM." - Grant Elementary School, Chicago Heights, IL

"THANK YOU. WE ENJOYED YOUR SHOW." - Lincoln Elementary School, Cicero, IL

"MR. TRIPP PRESENTED A WONDERFUL SHOW. HIS ENERGY LEVEL WAS REMARKABLE! OUR KIDS ARE A TOUGH AUDIENCE AND THEY WERE MESMERIZED. THANKS." - Hale Middle School, Crestwood, IL

"EXCELLENT." - Highland Elementary School, Downers Grove, IL

"EXCELLENT CONTENT, GOOD PACE, KEPT STUDENT INTEREST." - Armstrong Elementary School, East Peoria, IL

"IT WAS FABULOUS- I HAVE A K-2 BUILDING AND WAS SKEPTICAL OF HAVING IT. BUT IT WAS PERFECT. I TOLD OUR SISTER SCHOOL ABOUT IT ALSO." - Saint Thomas More School, Elgin, IL

"MR. TRIPP WAS VERY GOOD AND WE THOROUGHLY ENJOIED HAVING HIM." - Forest Glen Elementary School, Glen Ellyn, IL

"MR. TRIPP WAS VERY EFFECTIVE WITH HIS PRESENTATION! GREAT JOB." - Wilson Elementary School, Granite City, IL

"BEST EVER- ABLE TO HOLD INTEREST AND TEACH. IS HE AVAILABLE TO TEACH HERE FULL TIME?" - Madison Elementary School, Hinsdale, IL

"WE LIKED THAT THE MR. TRIPP STRESSED SAFETY AND GAVE INSTRUCTION/ HISTORICAL DATA WHILE CONDUCTING DEMONSTRATIONS. THANKS!" - Malta Elementary School, Malta, IL

"EXCELLENT! FACTS AND FUN FAST PACED. PERFORMER ADAPDED WELL TO VARIOUS AGES OF STUDENTS." - Melrose Park Elementary School, Melrose Park, IL

"GREAT!" - Haven Elementary School, New Lenox, IL

"MR. TRIPP IS A FANTASTIC PERFORMER. HE RELATES VERY WELL TO CHILDREN." - Southeast Elementary School, Sycamore, IL

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM. MR. TRIPP WAS SUPERB." - McCall Elementary School, Waukegan, IL

"WHAT GREAT EDUCATIONAL FUN." - Willow Creek School, Woodridge, IL

"EXCELLENT VISUALS PICTURES, WORDS & PROPS." - Parkview Primary School, Bedford, IN

"VERY GOOD SHOW." - Arlington Heights Elementary School, Bloomington, IN

"MR. TRIPP DID AN EXCELLENT JOB OF CAPTURING AND HOLDING THE STUDENTS ATTENTION." - Highland Park Elementary School, Bloomington, IN

"WE ALL ENJOYED THE PRESENTATION- VERY USABLE MATERIAL." - Templeton Elementary School, Bloomington, IN

"EXCELLENT ALL AROUND. CAPTURING AND FULL OF INFORMATION, WHICH WAS EXPLAINED WELL. LOOK FORWARD TO THIS AGAIN." - Emmanuel-Saint Michael School, Fort Wayne, IN

"THE SHOW WAS PRESENTED IN AN EXCITING AND HUMOROUS WAY. THE CHILDREN REALLY ENJOYED IT." - Saint John the Baptist School, Fort Wayne, IN

"KIDS NEED MORE EXPOSURE TO SCIENCE. THIS WAS A GOOD FORMAT. GOOD INFO PRESENTED IN A FUN WAY." - Model Elementary School, Goshen, IN

"TEACHERS AND STUDENTS FELT THAT IT WAS OUR BEST ASSEMBLY. A VERY GOOD PROGRAM." - North Dearborn Elementary School, Guilford, IN

"THE STUDENTS LOVED IT! A PROGRAM SUCH AS YOUR CAN ONLY HELP OUR YOUNGSTERS TO TAKE A MORE ACTIVE ROLE IN THE STUDY OF PHYSICS!" - Robey Elementary School, Indianapolis, IN

"VERY GOOD- EDUCATIONAL- INFORMANTIVE- HELD STUDENTS INTEREST." - Strange Elementary School, Indianapolis, IN

"WOW! VERY GOOD SHOW!" - Sycamore Elementary School, Indianapolis, IN

"VERY WELL PRFESENTED AND WELL RECEIVED BY ALL AGES AND GRADE LEVELS." - New Paris Elementary School, New Paris, IN

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM PARTICIPATORY." - Hazel dell Elementary School, Noblesville, IN

"GOOD MATCH TO THE CURRICULUM: SCIENCE AND HEALTH." - Hinkle Creek Elementary School, Noblesville, IN

"GREAT PROGRAM." - North Elementary School, Noblesville, IN

"SUPER!" - Stony Creek Elementary School, Noblesville, IN

"THE SHOW WAS VERY INTERESTING, QUICK PACED AND STIMULATING FOR CHILDREN AND TEACHERS." - Saint Peter Lutheran School, North Judson, IN

"WELL DONE!! " - Seymour Redding Elementary School, Seymour, IN

"NICE PERSONALITY OF MR. TRIPP." - Urey Middle School, Walkerton, IN

"GREAT PROGRAM! OUR STUDENTS WERE WELL ENTERTAINED." - Eastern Elementary School, Glasgow, KY

"MR. TRIPP WAS TRULY AWESOME! HE WAS DEFINITELY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT HIS TOPIC AND WAS EXTREMELY GOOD WITH OUR STUDENTS. HIS PRESENTATION WAS VERY ENTERTAINING WHILE BEING TRULY BENEFICIAL TO OUR STUDENTS ACADEMIC CONTENT. THANKS SO MUCH!" - Cairo Elementary School, Henderson, KY

"STUDENTS AND TEACHERS WERE STIMULATED BY THE MATERIAL PRESENTED. TEACHERS PLANNED MORE SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS AS A SPIN OFF OF THE PROGRAM AND STUDENTS TALKED ABOUT WHAT THEY HAD SEEN." - Byck Elementary School, Louisville, KY

"MR. TRIPP DID AN EXCELLENT JOB!" - Wheatley Elementary School, Louisville, KY

"IT WAS WONDERFUL! COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER." - Burns Middle School, Owensboro, KY

"EXCELLENT." - Farley Elementary School, Paducah, KY

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM! OUR TEACHERS AND STUDENTS WERE VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE AMOUNT OF KNOWLEDGE PRESENTED IN A SHORT TIME!" - Mc Nabb Elementary School, Paducah, KY

"ENERGETIC AND ENTERTAINING. THE CHILDREN WERE ENTHRALLED." - Selser Memorial School, Chicopee, MA

"TERRIFIC AS ALWAYS!" - Davis Thayer Elementary School, Franklin, MA

"GREAT SHOW!" - Alexander Elementary School, Adrian, MI

"VERY GOOD LEARNING AND ENTERTAINMENT." - Arnos Elementary School, Allen Park, MI

"MR. TRIPP DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB." - Attica School, Attica, MI

"GREAT SHOW! VERY ENTERTAINING." - McAlear-Sawden Elementary School, Bay City, MI

"MR. TRIPP WAS VERY VERY GOOD HE IS GREAT WITH CHILDREN." - Boynton Montessori Magnet School, Benton Harbor, MI

"THE SHOW WAS EXCITING AND INFORMATIVE. MR. TRIPP WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL." - Reed Middle School, Bridgman, MI

"PERFORMER DID AN EXCELLENT JOB OF HANDLING STUDENTS!" - Scranton Middle School, Brighton, MI

"MR. TRIPP DID A GOOD JOB OF TAKING CONTROL EARLY. I'D DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM." - West Bendle Elementary School, Burton, MI

"GREAT." - Miller Elementary School, Cement City, MI

"MR. TRIPP DID AN EXCEPTIONAL JOB!" - West Elementary School, Cheboygan, MI

"ESPECIALLY ENJOYED STUDENT PARTICIPATION!! DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE THAT IS SURE TO INSPIRE STUDENTS!! WE LOVED IT!!" - Carter Middle School, Clio, MI

"VERY ENJOYABLE FOR STUDENTS AND STAFF. GOOD JOB IN PRESENTING!!" - Lakeland Elementary School, Coldwater, MI

"OUR STUDENTS WERE THRILLED WITH THE PRESENTATION." - Commerce Elementary School, Commerce, MI

"THE STUDENTS WERE VERY ENTHUSED AND LEARNED A GREAT DEAL." - Cros Lex Middle School, Croswell, MI

"MR. TRIPP IS A CREDIT TO HIS PROFESSION. CONTENT OF SHOW IS GOOD." - Kinloch Elementary School, Dearborn Heights, MI

"MR. TRIPP LOVES HIS JOB AND IT SHOWS!" - Detroit Open School, Detroit, MI

"THOROUGHLY ENJOYED." - Greenfield Peace Elementary School, Detroit, MI

"VERY WELL DONE. MR. TRIPP KNEW THE MATERIAL WELL AND PRESENTED IT ENTHUSIASTICALLY." - Hally Open Middle School, Detroit, MI

"AN EXCELLENT DISPLAY AND PRESENTATION." - Mason Central Elementary School, Erie, MI

"AN EXCELLENT PROGRAM. MR. TRIPP DID AN EXCEPTIONAL JOB!!" - Forest Elementary School, Farmington Hills, MI

"MR. TRIPP WAS GREAT! HE WAS FUNNY AND ENTERTAINING. EVEN THE HARD TO PLEASE FIFTH GRADERS ENJOYED IT." - Willow Ridge Elementary School, Grand Ledge, MI

"VERY INTERESTING!" - East Grand Rapids Middle School, Grand Rapids, MI

"VERY EDUCATIONAL YET ENTERTAINING." - Harrison Middle School, Harrison, MI

"VERY GOOD PROGRAM-WELL DONE." - Highland Elementary School, Highland, MI

"I LIKED MR. TRIPP'S QUIET WAY OF BRINGING THE CHILDREN BACK ON TRACK." - Houghton Lake Middle School, Houghton Lake, MI

"MR. TRIPP WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL." - Daly Elementary School, Inkster, MI

"GOOD PRESENTATION. GOOD CONTROL OF AUDIENCE BY MR. TRIPP. GOOD PACING ETC. WITH KIDS." - McDevitt Elementary School, Jackson, MI

"STUDENTS WITNESSING APPLICATIONS OF SCIENCE PRINCIPLES HAVE KNOWLEDGE AS A RESULT." - Lake City Elementary School, Lake City, MI

"NICE SHOW. WELL DONE. ENTERTAINING AND INFORMATIVE." - Forest View Elementary School, Lansing, MI

"GOOD INTEGRATION OF EXPERIMENTS AND SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES." - Turrill Elementary School, Lapeer, MI

"THANK YOU!" - Linden Middle School, Linden, MI

"WELL DONE!" - Adams Elementary School, Livonia, MI

"GREAT SHOW. GREAT PRESENTATION. GREAT PERFORMER!" - Buchanan Elementary School, Livonia, MI

"AS USUAL WELL DONE SHOW." - McKinley Elementary School, Livonia, MI

"EXCELLENT PRESENTATION." - Saint Michael School, Livonia, MI

"VERY WELL PRESENTED! CONCEPTS CHOSEN WERE VERY APPROPRIATE FOR GRADE LEVELS. GLADLY THERE WAS SOME STUDENT INVOLVEMENT, TOO." - Lager Elementary School, Manchester, MI

"VERY ENJOYABLE SHOW." - Vandenboom Elementary School, Marquette, MI

"GOOD PERFORMER." - Whitman Elementary School, Marquette, MI

"WONDERFUL SHOW." - Midland Center For the Arts, Midland, MI

"MR. TRIPP DID A GREAT JOB. THE SHOW WAS WELL PACED FOR THE FAMILY AUDIENCE." - Saint Mary's Church (Pack 33 Blue & Gold), Milford, MI

"ADULTS AND CHILDREN LEARNED AND HAD FUN." - Manor Elementary School, Monroe, MI

"EXCELLENT SHOW. IMPARTED GOOD SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE." - Saint Mary Elementary School, Mount Morris, MI

"NICELY DONE." - Saint Charles School, Newport, MI

"PERFORMER PRESENTED THIS MATERIAL IN AN EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND ENGAGING FASHION. HE ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS IN A CLEAR AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER. HE ENCOURAGED ALL TO PARTICIPATE. HE HANDLED EVEN THE MORE DIFFICULT STUDENTS WITH GREAT POISE." - Cooke Middle School, Northville, MI

"EXCELLENT! MR. TRIPP DID THIS AT MEADS MILL, TOO. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS." - Einstein Elementary, Oak Park, MI

"IT KEPT THE CHILDREN'S INTEREST & IT WAS EDUCATIONAL & FUN AT THE SAME TIME." - Pine Lake Elementary School, Orchard Lake, MI

"VERY GOOD!" - Lincoln Elementary School, Petoskey, MI

"MR. TRIPP MADE AN EXCELLENT PRESENTATION." - Ottawa Elementary School, Petoskey, MI

"PRESENTATION WAS OUTSTANDING. MR. TRIPP IS EXCELLENT WITH KIDS." - Lincoln Junior High School, Pontiac, MI

"VERY GOOD SHOW." - Fisher Elementary School, Redford, MI

"TEACHERS THOUGHT SHOW WAS FUN AND EDUCATIONAL." - Reese Elementary School, Reese, MI

"EXCELLENT PRESENTATION. GREAT JOB GEARING TO ALL LEVELS, STUDENTS AND STAFF LOVED IT." - Richmond Middle School, Richmond, MI

"STUDENT INTEREST AND ENJOYMENT WAS TOPS." - Dort Elementary School, Roseville, MI

"IT WAS WELL RECEIVED." - Keller Junior High School, Royal Oak, MI

"IT WAS ""COOL"" THAT HE USED HUMOR IN THE SHOW. INVOLVING STUDENTS IN SOME OF THE DEMONSTRATIONS HELPED TO MAINTAIN THE AUDIENCE ATTENTION. WELL DONE." - Luckett Christian Academy, Royal Oak, MI

"OUR SCIENCE TEACHER LOVED IT! SHE SAID MR. TRIPP COULD COME BACK ANYTIME. HE WAS GREAT. I LIKED THE SHOW ALSO- VERY INTERESTING AND ENTERTAINING." - Starr Elementary School, Royal Oak, MI

"MR. TRIPP WAS AN EXCELLENT SPEAKER AND INVOLVED THE STUDENTS IN HIS PRESENTATION." - Arrowwood Elementary School, Saginaw, MI

"EXCELLENT!" - Saint Thomas Aquinas School, Saginaw, MI

"VERY INTERESTING FOR ALL GRADE LEVELS" - South Lake Middle School, Saint Clair Shores, MI

"MR. TRIPP DID A FINE JOB FOR US." - Sand Creek Elementary School, Sand Creek, MI

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM AND PRESENTATION." - Leonard Elementary School, Southfield, MI

"VERY EDUCATIONAL & ENTERTAINING. WE NEED MORE SHOWS DEALING WITH THE PHYSCIAL SCIENCES." - Ridgeview Elementary School, Sparta, MI

"AGAIN, WE ENJOYED MR. TRIPP AND THE PROGRAMS CONTENT." - Saint Paul Lutheran, Sterling Heights, MI

"GREAT." - Hoover Junior High School, Taylor, MI

"EXCELLENT SHOW!" - Park Community Elementary School, Three Rivers, MI

"EXCELLENT! EDUCATIONAL BUT ENTERTAINING." - Oak Park Elementary School, Traverse City, MI

"GREAT JOB, MR. TRIPP IS AN EXCELLENT PERFORMER." - Walled Lake Elementary School, Walled Lake, MI

"EXCELLENT WELL PACED AND GOOD CONTENT." - Haitian Elementary School, Warren, MI

"EXCELLENT! YOUR SHOWS ALWAYS ARE." - Westwood Elementary School, Warren, MI

"THE CHILDREN THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT." - Saint Mary School, Wayne, MI

"THE SHOW WAS FUN AS WELL AS EDUCATIONAL. THE STUDENTS ESPECIALLY ENJOYED THE DEMONSTRATIONS, WHICH INVOLVED VOLUNTEERS FROM THE AUDIENCE.” - Graham Elementary School, Westland, MI

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM. MR. TRIPP PRESENTED VERY WELL." - Central Elementary School, White Pigeon, MI

"TEACHERS COMMENTED--""A WEALTH OF INFORMATION AT A LEVEL THEY COULD UNDERSTAND!" - Gudith Elementary School, Wyandotte (Brownstown), MI

"LIKED IT VERY MUCH" - Veterans Memorial Middle School, Brick, NJ

"WE'LL SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR!" - Knowlton Elementary School, Delaware, NJ

"MR. TRIPP DID A NICE JOB. HE CLEARLY UNDERSTANDS INTEREST & ABILITY TO GRASP DIFFERENT CONCEPTS BY GRADES. SPLITTING K-1-2 AND 3-4-5-6 WAS GOOD." - Howell Township Middle, Howell, NJ

"MR. TRIPP DID A GREAT JOB!" - Our Lady Of Fatima School, Piscataway, NJ

"ONE STUDENT SAID THE PRESENTATION WAS THE BOMB! I THINK THAT MEANS TERRIFIC." - Lilley Elementary School, Sicklerville, NJ

"WE HAD FUN!! THE SHOW WAS WELL WORTH THE TIME." - Curie Junior High School, #158, Bayside, NY

"EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE!" - Rhame Avenue Elementary School, East Rockaway, NY

"PERFORMER LEFT THE CHILDREN WITH THE MESSAGE THAT THEY COULD ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING WITH A LITTLE IMAGINATION AND A LOT OF WORK, WHICH WAS VERY NICE." - Seneca Junior High School, Holbrook, NY

"GOOD PRESENTATION." - Edwards Elementary School, Hudson, NY

"ENTERTAINING AND EDUCATIONAL... A PERFECT BALANCE." - Saint Joseph School, Kingston, NY

"THE PROGRAM WAS EXCELLENT! IT WAS ENJOYED BY ALL!" - Lynbrook North Middle School, Lynbrook, NY

"MR. TRIPP WAS WONDERFUL! THE KIDS ENJOYED THE SHOW!" - Purchase Elementary School, Purchase, NY

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM" - Antwerp Elementary School, Antwerp, OH

"EXCELLENT SHOW FOR ALL AGES!" - Saint Luke Elementary School, Beavercreek, OH

"YOUR DEMONSTRATION WAS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF SCIENCE PROJECTS. YOUR PROGRAM DID EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED." - Clarendon Elementary School, Canton, OH

"THANK YOU!" - Day Elementary School, Canton, OH

"NICE JOB, VERY COOPERATIVE." - McGregor Elementary School, Canton, OH

"ONCE AGAIN I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THIS SHOW." - Colerain Elementary School, Cincinnati, OH

"MR. TRIPP TAUGHT AND ENTERTAINED A LARGE NUMBER OF STUDENTS UNDER LESS THAN IDEAL CONDITIONS." - Duvall Elementary School, Cincinnati, OH

"MY STUDENTS REALLY ENJOYED THE PRESENTATION!" - Woodridge Elementary School, Cuyahoga Falls, OH

"MR. TRIPP DID A FABULOUS JOB PRESENTING THE MATERIAL." - Cogan Elementary School, Fremont, OH

"KIDS LOVED IT AND THE TEACHERS WERE PLEASED." - Brush Elementary School, Grafton, OH

"VERY GOOD SHOW. MR. TRIPP HANDLED THE AUDIENCE WELL." - Hopewell School, Hopewell, OH

"A WONDERFUL PRESENTATION. THANKS FOR THE TESLA INFO!" - Hawthorne Boone Elementary School, Lorain, OH

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENTS." - Buckeye Junior High School, Medina, OH

"MR. TRIPP DID A GOOD JOB." - Midvale Elementary School, Midvale, OH

"VERY WELL DONE AND WELL ORGANIZED." - Lake Junior High School, Millbury, OH

"EXCELLENT SHOW!" - Brilliant Elementary School, Napoleon, OH

"WE HAVE SEEN ALMOST ALL OF YOUR PROGRAMS AND HAVE ENJOYED EACH & EVERY ONE." - Central Elementary School, Napoleon, OH

"CHILDREN IN GRADES K-8 ENJOYED IT. MR. TRIPP WAS ABLE TO CONTROL THE AUDIENCE & KEEP THEIR ATTENTION." - Southeast Primary School, Ravenna, OH

"MR. TRIPP IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, AND SEEMS TO ENJOY WHAT HE DOES VERY MUCH." - Campus Elementary School, Streetsboro, OH

"EXCELLENT AS ALWAYS." - Highland Elementary School, Sylvania, OH

"IT WAS A GREAT PERFORMANCE! WE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM DAD'S AND KIDS ALIKE." - Old Orchard Elementary School, Toledo, OH

"PERFORMER RELATED VERY WELL AND WORKED WELL WITH THE KIDS." - Indian Valley Middle School, Tuscarawas, OH

"GOOD MATERIAL." - Trenton Avenue Elementary School, Uhrichsville, OH

"THE PROGRAM WAS VERY WELL DONE. THE STUDENTS AND STAFF ALL ENJOYED IT." - Liverpool Elementary School, Valley City, OH

"EXCELLENT!" - Vermilion Intermediate School, Vermilion, OH

"INTERESTING PROGRAM - STUDENT PARTICIPATION PART WAS ESPECIALLY EFFECTIVE." - Lincoln Elementary School, Wadsworth, OH

"GREAT JOB!!" - Penfield Elementary School, Wellington, OH

"EXCELLENT SHOW!" - Bassett Elementary School, Westlake, OH

"TEACHERS, KIDS AND I LOVED THE PROGRAM. MY FOURTH GRADE TEACHERS ESPECIALLY LIKED THE HANDS ON WORKSHOPS. WE ALSO LIKED MR. TRIPP." - Dover Elementary School, Westlake, OH

"THE KIDS LOVED THE PARTICIPATION. TEACHERS WERE VERY APPRECIATIVE." - McIntire Elementary School, Zanesville, OH

"CHILDREN RESPONDED ENTHUSIASTICALLY." - Washington Elementary School, Apollo, PA

"HELD THE STUDENTS ATTENTION. MADE LEARNING FUN." - Hills-Henderson Elementary School, Canonsburg, PA

"THE STUDENTS IN GRADES 3,4,5 BENEFITED FROM THIS PROGRAM. IT'S CONTENT MET SEVERAL CURRICULUM OBJECTIVES." - Hills-Hendersonville Elementary, Canonsburg, PA

"WOULD GIVE A 20 IF POSSIBLE! SHOW WAS WONDERFUL--MR. TRIPP WAS GREAT!" - Holy Name Elementary School, Ebensburg, PA

"GOOD EXAMPILES TO ILLISTRATE CONCEPTS." - Walnut Ridge Elementary School, Ellwood City, PA

"ONE OF OUR BETTER ASSEMBLIES." - Finley Middle School, Finleyville, PA

"EXCELLENT!" - Saint Bonaventure School, Glenshaw, PA

"EXCELLENT. KEPT THE STUDENTS ATTENTION. VERY INTERESTING." - Hutchinson Elementary School, Greensburg, PA

"MR. TRIPP WAS GREAT! HE PRESENTED AN EDUCATIONAL MESSAGE WITH A FUN APPROACH." - Good Elementary School, Herminie, PA

"STUDENTS LOVED MR. TRIPP. THEY ESPECIALLY LIKED HIS ELECTRIC CHAIR. WE HAD A LOT OF FUN TODAY. MR. TRIPP WAS GREAT WITH THE KIDS " - Emerson Elementary School, Levittown, PA

"OUTSTANDING." - Library Elementary School, Library, PA

"IT IS GREAT!" - Monongahela Elementary Center School, Monongahela, PA

"EXTREMELY ENTERTAINING AND VERY EDUCATIONAL. EXCELLENT PRESENTATION." - Transfiguration School, Monongahela, PA

"MR. TRIPP PERFORMED A VERY ENTERTAINING AND EDUCATIONAL SHOW. IT WAS VERY ENJOYABLE AND ALSO WELL PERFORMED. DEFINITELY A PLUS FOR ANY EDUCATIONAL BUT FUN ASSEMBLY." - Harrison Junior High School, Pittsburgh, PA

"EXCELLENT PROGRAM GOOD COMMENTS BY TEACHERS & ADMINISTRATORS." - Our Lady of Grace Elementary School, Pittsburgh, PA

"COVERED AREAS EVERY AGE COULD ENJOY FROM K-8. GOOD RESPONSE FROM KIDS." - Saint Thomas More Elementary School, Pittsburgh, PA

"EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE; VERY ENTERTAINING AND INFORMATIVE; THE CHILDREN AND ADULTS LOVED IT!!" - Saints Simon & Jude Elementary School, Pittsburgh, PA

"EXCELLENT PRESENTATION!" - Washington Elementary School, Pittsburgh, PA

"IN 45 MINUTES THIS PERFORMANCE GOT ACROSS MY ENTIRE 1ST SCIENCE UNIT. IT WAS EXCELLENT." - Richboro Elementary School, Richboro, PA

"EXCELLENT!" - Shenandoah Elementary School, Verona, PA

"GREAT. GREAT SCIENCE DRAMA." - East Ward Elementary School, Waynesburg, PA

"NICE JOB! VERY ENTERTAINING! MR. TRIPP TEACHES THE STUDENTS AND EASILY HOLDS THEIR INTEREST." - Meadow crest Elementary School, Riverside, RI

"THEY WERE IMPRESSED. THEY LIKED IT QUITE A BIT." - Cromwell Middle School, Cromwell, CT

...in how many Children's lives did YOU make a difference?
    I used to post on a board where there was a poster, let's call him SA, who bore more thsn a passing resemblence to Mr Tripp. He was always good for a story about:

a) His experience as a sniper in the Marines
    b) His affiliation with Gene Lebell (through Hayastan)
    c) his career as a Judo (in this case Yudo) instructor and Dojang owner
    d) his role in preparing a major UFC fighter (Karo Parisyan) for competition
    e) other great people he know and cool things he did
    f) his tanning salon business (lol)

now all of the above was actually true, and he was well liked as a poster, but he was extremely narcisistic and sensitive. Anytime he got into an argument he would appeal to his own authority, and if that didn't work he would go insane, posting long list of accolades, awards, anecdotes, glamor pics (lol), etc.

I guess there's one on every board.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 5/21/2009 12:48pm at .

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got to dis-agree with 3moose1, take this from a person who has been in alot of school fights (before I was getting trained) I have found people who really do start stuff to actually fight you ( I dont know why) but its a serious subject, yeah some kids would just push you cause they dont want to fight but trust me, there are people out there that might want to fight you (darn trouble maker drama queens -.-).

Maybe your son can do something like Boxing AND wrestling. Yeah people hanging together is the bullies kryptonite, for some sterotypical reason people think asains are weak for some reason (probably cause of hight) but I notice that asains at my school are in very huge groups....alot, I have met tough (some times crazy) asains of course....but just sayin in general. Some kids get robbed in the bathroom by gun point without the school being notified....its really crazy =/ and yes, jiu jitsu is excellent for self defence, just make sure your son taps out during a submission during practice, e.t.c these other guys have really good info,

How come he hasnt replied yet? O_o

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2345678 Last