224683 Bullies, 3671 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 81 to 90 of 142
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast
  1. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:09pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? You think there are a lot of regular posters that AREN'T training pretty hard and making steady improvement? Maybe my perception is tainted because most of the posters I interact with put up semi regular videos showing visible progress....
  2. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,471

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:12pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** yes

    most of the people on here barely keep from backsliding.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  3. Munacra is offline
    Munacra's Avatar

    I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,292

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:15pm


     Style: Gentleman Adventurer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sarcastro
    Every Day. I train. I run in the mornings. Work, then in the afternoons, I go to kickboxing for a bit and do my rounds there. Then I head to Judo for training there.

    Mondays: TKD conditioning (the cardio is harder than anything any of you will do), kickboxing. 6-9pm
    Tuesdays: Kickboxing, Judo, conditioning. 7-9:30pm
    Wednesdays: TKD conditioning kickboxing. 6-9pm
    Thursday: Kickboxing, Judo, conditioning. 7-9:30pm
    Friday: Judo 7-9pm

    I also drive ~200 miles to get to Santa Barbara to train with Omega. To fly his colors and learn from him. After he's done moving his school, I will be down there every other weekend.

    So you know what? **** you. You want to talk hypocrisy? How many years has any of you fuckers been training and how many of those years have you just been stagnant? Done nothing?

    Think about that.
    This is average for each and every person who wants to compete. I train equally as hard as you do. There are plenty of people who train equally as hard as you do. It is none of your business, or indeed, any of you, to brag or boast or even bemoan the fact.

    I don't believe in sugar-coating things, and I even agree with a lot of your points. Hell, half the time I make the same ones. If you want to see someone who is angry at the status quo of this community, just look at my post history.

    But you can't convince anyone with such diatribes and self-aggrandizing monologues. If you train hard, train hard, and everyone will see that. Stop trying to shove your ideology down people's throats. Because the more you do, the more they will refuse to, no matter how good it may be for them.

    Bullshido is about fighting bullshit in the martial arts. it is not a pulpit for anyone to espouse their self-help ideology. People train for different reasons; get over the fact.
  4. MrBadGuy is offline
    MrBadGuy's Avatar

    King of the Impossible

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seven Seas of Rhye
    Posts
    2,902

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    so people chew his ass about being a hypocrite for telling people to train, then chew his ass for being cocky when he says how much he trains?
    It just seemed retarded in a thread about "YOU GUYS SHOULD IMPROVE YOURSELVES" to go on about how you train a kajillion hours a week and drive across the atlantic to train, as if no one else does this. And then, in response to that criticism, to claim that you are just doing as everyone else is is an even bigger confusion, since your original damn point was that everyone needs to get off their ass and improve themselves. So, either everyone (sirc included) need to get off their ass and improve themselves (which seems fucking hard considering how much he, and the rest of us, train), or we're all doing a pretty good job, in which case this thread has no fucking point.
  5. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    kekekeke

    But I agree with your original premise. Don't get me wrong. I just thought you could've argued your point against munacra better than LOOK AT MY SCHEDULE.
    The only point I was trying to make was "This is my schedule."

    What the **** do you people want?

    "GRRR HOW DARE YOU? YOU ARE SUCH A HYPOCRITE YOU DON'T EVEN TRAIN!"

    Here is my schedule.

    "WELL **** YOU ARE SUCH AN ARROGANT ASSHOLE!"
  6. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:18pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post
    Also, your striking hasn't really improved all that much since that battle with KS and your recent video with WS. You still reach for kicks, you are still very very flat footed and you are still spastically moving about. Your punching's gotten a little bit better, though and escapes and rolls are good.

    The fact that my striking has improved AT ALL is a testament to how awesome I am. I haven't trained any striking since that first throwdown.
    It should improve 200% once my arm heals up and I start taking MT. I had 0 striking related improvement goals for almost 3 years and still got better at it while not training. LOL. I rule.
  7. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,471

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:19pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    It just seemed retarded in a thread about "YOU GUYS SHOULD IMPROVE YOURSELVES" to go on about how you train a kajillion hours a week and drive across the atlantic to train, as if no one else does this. And then, in response to that criticism, to claim that you are just doing as everyone else is is an even bigger confusion, since your original damn point was that everyone needs to get off their ass and improve themselves. So, either everyone (sirc included) need to get off their ass and improve themselves (which seems fucking hard considering how much he, and the rest of us, train), or we're all doing a pretty good job, in which case this thread has no fucking point.

    So if it's not FOR you and you're secure in your training, why don't you just piss off and let him preach to the couch potatoes?

    Again, do you want people to post things on this website for you to read? Or do you want to piss and moan and "win" threads?

    He didn't "go on" about it until people harped and bitched about it for quite a while.

    He didn't SAY everyone was training all the time. He said everyone "serious" was. I can't believe you seriously just tried to make some convoluted bullshit chain to imply the state of this website is A) Binary and B) on the right side of the binary and C) Therefore sirc should shut up.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 5/19/2009 4:24pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  8. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,471

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:20pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    The fact that my striking has improved AT ALL is a testament to how awesome I am. I haven't trained any striking since that first throwdown.
    It should improve 200% once my arm heals up and I start taking MT. I had 0 striking related improvement goals for almost 3 years and still got better at it while not training. LOL. I rule.

    Not to be a dick, but really? Really?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  9. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    This is average for each and every person who wants to compete. I train equally as hard as you do. There are plenty of people who train equally as hard as you do. It is none of your business, or indeed, any of you, to brag or boast or even bemoan the fact.

    I don't believe in sugar-coating things, and I even agree with a lot of your points. Hell, half the time I make the same ones. If you want to see someone who is angry at the status quo of this community, just look at my post history.

    But you can't convince anyone with such diatribes and self-aggrandizing monologues. If you train hard, train hard, and everyone will see that. Stop trying to shove your ideology down people's throats. Because the more you do, the more they will refuse to, no matter how good it may be for them.

    Bullshido is about fighting bullshit in the martial arts. it is not a pulpit for anyone to espouse their self-help ideology. People train for different reasons; get over the fact.
    Don't fucking give me that.

    **** you. You're the one calling me a hypocrite for not training but telling people to train harder, to not find excuses to NOT ACHIEVE.

    Then I post my training schedule and then you tell me I'm arrogant for posting my schedule because you called me out on it? **** you. Seriously, **** you and I hope your children die in a fire caused by you. Don't give me that bullshit, dude. **** off.

    This isn't shoving ideology down people's throats. I want you to read the first post again. READ IT.

    It isn't "TRAIN EXACTLY AS I DO AND GET AWESOME!" it's "DON'T MAKE EXCUSES FOR NOT ACHIEVING YOUR GOAL."

    Improvement is a catch-all. Everyone has different goals. Mine are to be really good and be better than everyone else. IF YOU ARE TOO FUCKING STUPID AND TOO MUCH OF A RETARD to read the first post AGAIN, then **** off. Just pack your **** and stop posting in here.
  10. Munacra is offline
    Munacra's Avatar

    I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,292

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:21pm


     Style: Gentleman Adventurer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, do you want people to post things on this website for you to read? Or do you want to piss and moan and "win" threads?
    All of a sudden you are against criticism? We can't comment on the validity of an article because why again?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.