232866 Bullies, 3815 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 142
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
  1. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
    You seem to assume that there is only one reason for training and anyone who doesn't make progress towards that specific goal is full of **** and wasting their time. I am reasonably sure that most people will not claim to train for the same reasons you do so calling bullshit on their training methods is in fact bullshit.
    What makes you think that I want them to train to MY goals? I don't think I said that at all. Be YOUR best. What is your best? What do you want? Are you striving for that? Are you doing great at that?

    For most people. It's no. They're just there like it's some kind of social club. Unless that's their goal, I guess. But that just opens up an entirely different bag of worms.

    Then let me be the first to say it. I go fishing but don't give a rat's ass about catching fish. I do it to get the out of the city and relax. If I catch a fish I am just going to release it anyway.
    And that's fine. That's totally and completely fine. What I'm trying to say is, someone says, "I want to go on a fishing trip to relax." and then they bring their kids, their work, and TV and their laptop with an Air card. Don't really fish, and stress the entire time because Timmy threw up in the backseat and his Wife is pissed because she thinks she didn't turn the oven off. Oh but then, he decides he doesn't want to fish and instead just goes for a "hike" which entails walking up and down the beach wondering why his wife has assassinated his sexual identity and his children have eaten his dreams. Before the end of the weekend, he finds that he never really got a chance to fish and that decision to not fish was really just a rationalization. It wasn't that he chose to not fish, he simply didn't have the willpower to tell everyone to shut the **** up so he can go out and fish and is blaming it all on his family.

    Yes, without understanding why a person is training they cannot reasonably judge someone else's practice. Feel free to judge people who come here saying "I know the deadly." because they are openly stating their goals. But if you presume to judge someone by your standards without understanding their motivation you are wasting everyone's time and showing your own self-serving, I'm better than you, arrogance.
    I don't care about what their reason for training is. I just want them to better themselves. Look at themselves and evaluate what their goals are and are they making steps towards them? Have they gotten any closer? Are they working on it?

    For most people, no. They aren't. I'm also afraid that they're using the fact that they're on this website as a crutch. "It's ok that I'm not doing ____ because I'm here to talk about it on BS."

    Bullshido isn't a counseling group. It's the largest detective agency and above ground fight club in the world. We're not here to make you feel better. We're here to fight bullshit.
  2. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    Honestly, I'm disappointed in you because of this post now.

    Other than driving to omega's every other weekend, it isn't something some people have never done. I trained 3 hours a day, five days a week, while working 8-5 every day, and studying for the LSAT. Big woop. I didn't realize this thread had become yet another ego driven "I HAVE IT THIS HARD!" thread. I thought it was a motivational, detached, strive to be a better person thread.
    He accused me of being a hypocrite for not training hard. In fact my post was the total opposite of what you've said. It's not, "I HAVE IT THIS HARD." It's, "I'm doing it just like you guys."

    I don't see why everyone is getting upset when they ask me a question and I answer it. 1point2 asked me my experience, then I told him, then he bitched about how I am rambling on about myself.

    The logic there fails. Hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    This is what I've disagreed with from the first. "Bullshido" as a concept does not encompass recreational judo players. Before this thread became about who was butthurt most--it was simply incorrect. Bullshido =/= people who are comfortable just training for the sake of training.

    Bullshido has a causal relationship to excuse-making and self-delusion, but there's nothing bullshido about training hard without caring about improvement.
    Really? Training hard without caring for improvement? That is the Bullshido quote of the year.

    I'm saving this for posterity.

    TRAIN HARD WITHOUT CARING FOR IMPROVEMENT!

    Brilliant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank White View Post
    I've actually wasted about ten years of my life on drugs and alcohol. From the age of sixteen to about twenty-six, prime years. I think about that often, but only briefly. I don't make it into an excuse to not work hard now, but as a reason to work harder. Not so much in martial arts as I would like, but in family and work, as this applies to other things.

    Nothing wrong with what the OP said or how it was said. If it was written by someone else, we wouldn't be wasting time with these arguements. We could be training, or doing drugs.
    I wouldn't call it wasted. I'm sure you can plant so many seeds of wisdom in so many people. Cautionary tales aren't always bad.

    Since people are too retarded to note the subtlety, this whole article applies into more than just MA's.
  3. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,479

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:34pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    This is what I've disagreed with from the first. "Bullshido" as a concept does not encompass recreational judo players. Before this thread became about who was butthurt most--it was simply incorrect. Bullshido =/= people who are comfortable just training for the sake of training.

    Bullshido has a causal relationship to excuse-making and self-delusion, but there's nothing bullshido about training hard without caring about improvement.
    Yes, there is. This is not a binary thing, ie I AM HARD CORE OR NOT

    even a "recreational" person should have some interest in improving, or what are they taking the class FOR? "training for the sake of training" does NOT mean conceding on improving. That's ludicrous.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  4. MrBadGuy is offline
    MrBadGuy's Avatar

    King of the Impossible

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seven Seas of Rhye
    Posts
    2,902

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He accused me of being a hypocrite for not training hard. In fact my post was the total opposite of what you've said.
    How many years has any of you fuckers been training
    It's, "I'm doing it just like you guys."
    and how many of those years have you just been stagnant?
    It's, "I'm doing it just like you guys."
    Done nothing?
    It's, "I'm doing it just like you guys."
    Think about that.
    It's not, "I HAVE IT THIS HARD."
    I also drive ~200 miles to get to Santa Barbara to train with Omega.
    :psyduck:
  5. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    :psyduck:
    Taking things out of context doesn't make a good argument.

    Stop being such a Catholic. Don't take my words out of context. My training regime is just like everyone else who takes this hobby even slightly seriously.

    I'm asking some serious questions. How many fuckers here are training hard but not improving? Just sitting stagnantly? How many of you assholes aren't moving towards your goals?
  6. MrBadGuy is offline
    MrBadGuy's Avatar

    King of the Impossible

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seven Seas of Rhye
    Posts
    2,902

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop being such a Catholic. Don't take my words out of context.
    kekekeke

    But I agree with your original premise. Don't get me wrong. I just thought you could've argued your point against munacra better than LOOK AT MY SCHEDULE.
  7. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:05pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post
    I very specifically remember you saying about how you had X amount of years of TKD. And I called you out on it because you looked HORRIBLE. Then you finally revealed that you didn't have "10" years of TKD. But instead a year here, a year there, quit for X amount of years started back up again, etc. etc.

    Ahh yes, I remember this. That was on one of my first dozen or so posts on the boards, but even then the timeline was detailed out in my profile, but instead of repeating it in detail at the time I just said "10 years" since that was easier than the full detailed description which totals out to something like 7.5 years of full time TKD 2-3 days a week 1-2 hrs a day with another 3-4 years of part time w/ random breaks and ****. Hell, when people ask I still say about 10 years of TKD because the time span was from 1994 to 2006 when I started jits. I'm flattered that you even remember that... I have quite a few more competition videos up since then though, it has been almost three years.

    And to stay on topic, the original post combined with the other two posts you made relatively recently are not "motivating" they just induce eyerolling because you are haranguing random people on the internet who as a general rule all already train as hard as they can and very rarely are not improveing. I'm sure all of us (Including you) occasionally make excuses as to why they arent training as hard as they could (my arm is now broken, what's everyone elses excuse?), but that's the exception, not the rule here. We're all training because we enjoy it, not as a chore. So yeah... preaching tp the choir makes you an annoying, holier-than-thou asshole. Not that there's anythong wrong with that, but how couls you expect any response here other than the one you got?
  8. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,479

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:06pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so people chew his ass about being a hypocrite for telling people to train, then chew his ass for being cocky when he says how much he trains?

    What do you people want, for no one to post? I want you to seriously ask your selves that for a week before you hit "reply" - "Do I just not want anyone to post?"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  9. JohnnyCache is offline
    JohnnyCache's Avatar

    All Out of Bubblegum

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,479

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:07pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    you are haranguing random people on the internet who as a general rule all already train as hard as they can and very rarely are not improveing.

    hah

    bull****.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  10. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:09pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Ahh yes, I remember this. That was on one of my first dozen or so posts on the boards, but even then the timeline was detailed out in my profile, but instead of repeating it in detail at the time I just said "10 years" since that was easier than the full detailed description which totals out to something like 7.5 years of full time TKD 2-3 days a week 1-2 hrs a day with another 3-4 years of part time w/ random breaks and ****. Hell, when people ask I still say about 10 years of TKD because the time span was from 1994 to 2006 when I started jits. I'm flattered that you even remember that... I have quite a few more competition videos up since then though, it has been almost three years.

    And to stay on topic, the original post combined with the other two posts you made relatively recently are not "motivating" they just induce eyerolling because you are haranguing random people on the internet who as a general rule all already train as hard as they can and very rarely are not improveing. I'm sure all of us (Including you) occasionally make excuses as to why they arent training as hard as they could (my arm is now broken, what's everyone elses excuse?), but that's the exception, not the rule here. We're all training because we enjoy it, not as a chore. So yeah... preaching tp the choir makes you an annoying, holier-than-thou asshole. Not that there's anythong wrong with that, but how couls you expect any response here other than the one you got?
    I don't know what forum you're on. But most of the people here do not improve.

    I don't make excuses for not training. And that's not even the point of the thread anyway. It's making excuses for not achieving. Which is completely different.

    I don't get why you assholes just won't fucking READ THE GOD DAMN FIRST POST. IT'S SHORT AND CONCISE. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

    PS

    I have an amazing memory. Also, your striking hasn't really improved all that much since that battle with KS and your recent video with WS. You still reach for kicks, you are still very very flat footed and you are still spastically moving about. Your punching's gotten a little bit better, though and escapes and rolls are good.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.