Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:00pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, if your only argument is "he should have phrased it in a way that didn't chap my ass"

I guess welcome to bullshido.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:02pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What argument.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    So...you train four times a week? Wow. I mean, that's so impressive. Do you have balls I can lick, too?

You can be as right as rain on this point, but Munacra said it better, and nobody is going to come to you as judge on whether they make the grade or not.

Munacra's post laid it down, whereas yours was the ramblings of a confrontational, self-important, ineffective shrill. It bears repeating: Do your fucking job as a student, do the work, stop bitching, drill drill drill, get your ass kicked and keep your head up. Put up your competition video, win lose or draw. Diet, conditioning. Rinse and repeat. Yes, that applies to everyone on here. We still don't want your arrogant ass shoving it down our throats like you're exempt. Guess what? You seem to not be getting this so I'll put it in crayon.

SIRCASTRO, YOU ARE NOT, AND NEVER WILL BE, OMEGA.
    You're exactly the kind of person this article is aimed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Not really. It's diminishing returns. My 100% at the beginning of class relatively shoots down to about 40% by the end of class. I can't help it, my endurance runs out and I just can't do it anymore. I tell myself to push and push, but I can only give so much. Then it gives out and I feel bad and feel like I didn't do enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Wait, what?
    How did you get the impression that I lied about my TKD experience, it's laid out in extremely precise language in my profile, along with the rest og my MA experience.
    You can talk all kinds of **** to me you want, but I'm pretty sure you are mistaken about this.
    I very specifically remember you saying about how you had X amount of years of TKD. And I called you out on it because you looked HORRIBLE. Then you finally revealed that you didn't have "10" years of TKD. But instead a year here, a year there, quit for X amount of years started back up again, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    It's funny to me that you're the guy that got an instructor tag for his isshinryu rank, telling a guy that's been doing this longer and better then you to do the job of a student.

Also, I think it's funny that you think there are 6 days in a week

basically, if you are threatened and angered by this thread, it probably applies to you.

Also, this isn't his "xxX" thread about the same topic this month. He started one other one, that got HORRIBLY de-railed and then split, leading to multiple threads from his OP.

This is the best reply yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    And as long as he's someone's student, he better act like one. You're falling over yourself grasping at small straws in hopes of saving Sirc like some sort of knight in rusty armor.

I agree with Sirc's assertion, people do need to stop making excuses and just train hard. Bullshido needs to stop putting itself on a pedestal.

BUT

sirc is the worst person to talk to about this since he's nothing but a hypocrite. A weak minded-chihuahua barking arrogance to hide his small size. i'd ennumerate his many hypocrisies but Tom Kagan has done so enough times.

If sirc wants to shake up bullshido into the right path, no amount of red letter caps will make do. he needs to lead by example. We all need to lead by example. That does not mean being a **** and telling everyone how incopetent they are.

Grow up. The both of you.
    Ok.

You know what. **** you.

I don't like to talk about my training, because I don't like to bring people on this board that I train with into it. Let me give you an idea of what I've been doing.

Every Day. I train. I run in the mornings. Work, then in the afternoons, I go to kickboxing for a bit and do my rounds there. Then I head to Judo for training there.

Mondays: TKD conditioning (the cardio is harder than anything any of you will do), kickboxing. 6-9pm
    Tuesdays: Kickboxing, Judo, conditioning. 7-9:30pm
    Wednesdays: TKD conditioning kickboxing. 6-9pm
    Thursday: Kickboxing, Judo, conditioning. 7-9:30pm
    Friday: Judo 7-9pm

I also drive ~200 miles to get to Santa Barbara to train with Omega. To fly his colors and learn from him. After he's done moving his school, I will be down there every other weekend.

So you know what? **** you. You want to talk hypocrisy? How many years has any of you fuckers been training and how many of those years have you just been stagnant? Done nothing?

Think about that.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    I can see why people get upset over this article from sirc. It may be obvious to you who have sparred with him that he's actually decent (and thus not one of the people his article is about) but to the rest all they have seen of him is a very poor video of him sparring years back. The article is good imo, just don't read too much into "messages" implied by the author.
    I wish I could've come up there for the last one. You'll have to forgive me for I don't remember which one you are. But at the TD I went to, I hadn't trained since last October. I have upped my training exponentially and at the next throwdown will actually be in shape and I will show you guys a much better time.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    As Hoffer says above, it is just easier to find an excuse and use it as a means of finality. Stagnation is more comfortable than trying. This is the reason why most of you suck. "I know I suck, but...." is admittance of your stagnation. It makes you feel comfortable, because you don't have to prove yourself anymore to anybody. You've got your place and it's safe and comfortable. You use it as a coverall for your poor performances or in the case of many MANY posters here, the reason why they, even though they've spent years training have only marginally gotten better.

You're only one step above the people who practice the lies and deceit of strip mall krotty tkd because you recognize it's a problem. But still, you suck. Still you try to find an excuse so you don't have to try to achieve.

Sure, some of you can try all you might, but whatever poor cards nature and fate dealt to you inhibits you from achieving and being great, but most of you have potential and talent but just aren't going to try or can't try hard enough.

Some of you will come into this tread and claim that you are doing your best, but I am gonna say, bullshit. The problem with bullshidoka is that they do this very same thing. They say they're trying their best, they say they're doing what they can, they say and say and excuse themselves as much as possible. You and they may try your best maybe for that hour you're in class. Maybe. Not all the time, maybe like 50% of the time.
    You seem to assume that there is only one reason for training and anyone who doesn't make progress towards that specific goal is full of **** and wasting their time. I am reasonably sure that most people will not claim to train for the same reasons you do so calling bullshit on their training methods is in fact bullshit.

You're thinking too hard. "my goal is not to be good but to do ______" is a stupid and self defeated statement. It arises from the braiding of masculinity into fighting skill - you don't hear it in any other hobby. "My goal is to have a nice hike, not catch fish"
    Then let me be the first to say it. I go fishing but don't give a rat's ass about catching fish. I do it to get the out of the city and relax. If I catch a fish I am just going to release it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Let me ask you - if you REALLY feel a guy with a few decades of training can't, in anyway, even non-directly, judge someone else's practice
    Yes, without understanding why a person is training they cannot reasonably judge someone else's practice. Feel free to judge people who come here saying "I know the deadly." because they are openly stating their goals. But if you presume to judge someone by your standards without understanding their motivation you are wasting everyone's time and showing your own self-serving, I'm better than you, arrogance.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post

Every Day. I train. I run in the mornings. Work, then in the afternoons, I go to kickboxing for a bit and do my rounds there. Then I head to Judo for training there.

Mondays: TKD conditioning (the cardio is harder than anything any of you will do), kickboxing. 6-9pm
    Tuesdays: Kickboxing, Judo, conditioning. 7-9:30pm
    Wednesdays: TKD conditioning kickboxing. 6-9pm
    Thursday: Kickboxing, Judo, conditioning. 7-9:30pm
    Friday: Judo 7-9pm

I also drive ~200 miles to get to Santa Barbara to train with Omega. To fly his colors and learn from him. After he's done moving his school, I will be down there every other weekend.

So you know what? **** you. You want to talk hypocrisy? How many years has any of you fuckers been training and how many of those years have you just been stagnant? Done nothing?

Think about that.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in you because of this post now.

Other than driving to omega's every other weekend, it isn't something some people have never done. I trained 3 hours a day, five days a week, while working 8-5 every day, and studying for the LSAT. Big woop. I didn't realize this thread had become yet another ego driven "I HAVE IT THIS HARD!" thread. I thought it was a motivational, detached, strive to be a better person thread.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There can be any multitude of REASONS for training, but that doesn't change the fact that improvement has to be part of the goal.

If you stop challenging yourself to improve and start looking at other ways to your goal, you just became bullshido. You just committed "art without martial"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:16pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually wasted about ten years of my life on drugs and alcohol. From the age of sixteen to about twenty-six, prime years. I think about that often, but only briefly. I don't make it into an excuse to not work hard now, but as a reason to work harder. Not so much in martial arts as I would like, but in family and work, as this applies to other things.

Nothing wrong with what the OP said or how it was said. If it was written by someone else, we wouldn't be wasting time with these arguements. We could be training, or doing drugs.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There can be any multitude of REASONS for training, but that doesn't change the fact that improvement has to be part of the goal.

If you stop challenging yourself to improve and start looking at other ways to your goal, you just became bullshido. You just committed "art without martial"
    This is what I've disagreed with from the first. "Bullshido" as a concept does not encompass recreational judo players. Before this thread became about who was butthurt most--it was simply incorrect. Bullshido =/= people who are comfortable just training for the sake of training.

Bullshido has a causal relationship to excuse-making and self-delusion, but there's nothing bullshido about training hard without caring about improvement.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    i'd ennumerate his many hypocrisies but Tom Kagan has done so enough times.
    I am not an authority to which to appeal on Sirc's hypocrisy, so leave me out of your ad-hominem.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast