Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 5:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I laugh at Sircs self admiration posts, most people are content to masturbate in private you know....

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 8:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    man you take yourself way too seriously! Who the **** are you to arbitrate these standards BTW? You came up to me with that **** and I stomped on you what would that prove? that I train hard enough? who are you to judge the efficacy of an art or practicioner?
    Well since you don't know how to read, I'll use color crayons.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT EFFICACY OF AN ART. THIS ISN'T EVEN ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU ARE. THIS IS ABOUT YOUR MENTALITY. THIS IS ALSO A SERIOUS DISCUSSION ON STANDARDS, SO LOL, EXCUSE ME WHILE I TAKE MYSELF SERIOUSLY, WHICH BY THE WAY IS SOMETHING I RARELY EVER DO HERE.

Secondly, knowing that your first reaction to me writing this is, IMMA GONNA BEAT U UP! HRRUMPH! Really just shines so much about you. So let's say that you tell an aikidoka that his art sucks and **** him. He wants to test you out and he kicks your ass, WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT YOU? HMMM???? DID YOU SEE HOW I TURNED THE TABLES AROUND ON YOU?

Amazing how that works. If you don't get the point, then you don't deserve to know. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD AND DOING YOUR BEST THEN GOOD, CAN YOU SHOW ME? TELL ME HOW HARD YOU ARE TRAINING. If you can't then you're a liar and a retard and **** you.

I'm not challenging any of you. I'm reminding you. Because you need it.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 8:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I laugh at Sircs self admiration posts, most people are content to masturbate in private you know....
    I mean seriously, what the hell is the point of posting this? What exactly do you contribute to this except for your unsure, meek quips that pop in and out every couple of days? WHat do you do exactly that's anywhere near important? Oh, right, nothing. You sparred with kidspatula once and lied about your TKD experience and that's about where you've settled.

You are exactly the kind of person on this forum this thread was targeted at. "OH WELL I AM A PART OF BULLSHIDO NOW SO IT'S COOL, I AM NOT ONE OF THEM."

Idiot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 9:12pm

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sarcastro comes off as a smug asshole but he makes good points.

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 10:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc comes off as a smug asshole who can't stop talking about himself.

Is that what bullshido is about? Hedge beating white belts in judo and Sirc telling people they aren't trying hard enough--while making sure we all hear at least four stories about how cool he is at every activity he attempts?

It's funny, because in both cases, I actually don't think they're wildly wrong. It took me a page or two, but basically the issue here is that they're just repeatedly proving the theory explained here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

Sirc, this is your third or so thread on this topic in a few months. What emotional problems are you bringing here instead of to your fucking therapist? Do you need validation? Admiration?

Like I said, go get a hooker and ask her to listen to your ramblings. I think it's funny that you put this in MABS. Real fucking investigation you got here.

PS. MAP-worthy "be all you can be" BS:

Quote Originally Posted by masturbator of the month
    There's only a small handful of people who actually have the determination to do the 100% all the time in every class, these people are the ones who further improve and get better. What I'm asking you is to honestly look at yourself and ask if you are doing this. If you are one who is pushing yourself to the limit of ability.
    EDIT: Last point before I head off. Sirc is looking to crown himself Judge here, can you tell?

If you don't get the point, then you don't deserve to know. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD AND DOING YOUR BEST THEN GOOD, CAN YOU SHOW ME? TELL ME HOW HARD YOU ARE TRAINING. If you can't then you're a liar and a retard and **** you.
    Matt Thornton is very fucking careful to make it not all about him. The philosophy he gets it from is very anti-guru-personality, and he makes very sure that although he's the one at the center, he's the one talking and writing and making programs happen being the go-getter of SBGi...it's about the concept, not about him. It's about aliveness, not about whether you come to Matt's knees and ask him if what you do is enough. You can test it yourself, by applying the aliveness test, or by hard sparring, or competition, or cross-training. The scientific method, the way of evidence and reality.

Sirc, instead, just wants you to bring your training to him so he can judge it. He wants to dole out the Bullshido points, to be the adjudicator of Right Training.

Sirc, am I wrong? What about your self-aggrandizing am I mistaken about here?
    Last edited by 1point2; 5/18/2009 10:57pm at .
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone remember that guy who made the video CV about himself?

Not that I disagree with what Sirc is saying, but like all of Sircs post it just can't help but make me think of a famous quote by Ralph Emerson-
    "What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say"

And the reason why I waft over much of what Sirc writes is because it is blacked out by what he does. and what does he do? Other than post slightly effeminate viewpoints on clothing on a martial arts website? well im not sure. I remember once seeing a video of him get a fucking hiding, but thats about it. The little dog with the big bark syndrome, who shouts to get his view heard even if nobody else is even talking.

We are defined in life by the things we do, everything else is superfluous to that and I agree with his assertation that a lot of people will take the alibi. for every world champ there are a million 40 year old guys saying "I coulda been a champ, but...." when the answer is really that they were never going to be in that position because a champion doesn't do "buts" (or they might, but generally they keep it quiet)

In my industry I see these people every day. people who make excuses for why they aren't achieving anything. I know a girl who is a single mum, a full time uni student, works 30-40 hours a week, and still trains every night. Still got an excuse? no I didn't think so. But then, maybe other peoples training isn't so important to them. for me its a hobby- I don't plan on being a world champion, I have no desire. What I do have is a highly successful career, and that is more important to me right now.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 12:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post
    Well since you don't know how to read, I'll use color crayons.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT EFFICACY OF AN ART. THIS ISN'T EVEN ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU ARE. THIS IS ABOUT YOUR MENTALITY. THIS IS ALSO A SERIOUS DISCUSSION ON STANDARDS, SO LOL, EXCUSE ME WHILE I TAKE MYSELF SERIOUSLY, WHICH BY THE WAY IS SOMETHING I RARELY EVER DO HERE.

Secondly, knowing that your first reaction to me writing this is, IMMA GONNA BEAT U UP! HRRUMPH! Really just shines so much about you. So let's say that you tell an aikidoka that his art sucks and **** him. He wants to test you out and he kicks your ass, WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT YOU? HMMM???? DID YOU SEE HOW I TURNED THE TABLES AROUND ON YOU?

Amazing how that works. If you don't get the point, then you don't deserve to know. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD AND DOING YOUR BEST THEN GOOD, CAN YOU SHOW ME? TELL ME HOW HARD YOU ARE TRAINING. If you can't then you're a liar and a retard and **** you.

I'm not challenging any of you. I'm reminding you. Because you need it.

My point is what does somoene stomping another person have to do with your alleged standards? In your grandiose opinion of yourself you are mixing up two concepts at least: On the one hand you say people should, as us Buddhists are won't to say, use good effort (along with clear comprehension) thats true.. No argument there buttercup.

But since when are you some arbitrator of that standard based on your challenging others? you sound like a bully describing your sparring scenerios... I teach other martial artists here in the city how to fight (I am a teachers teacher) and I would never wipe the mat with them! And speaking of which, you don't seriously think I am threatening to beat you up do you? My point is that your measure of the man is flawed buttercup, I would never lay a hand on you in an aggressive manner though. It bothers me that you think that because I can assure you that anything I say on these boards is exactly what I would say in person and I can fight quite well but I would sooner break my own arm or nose than be percieved as a bully or as issuing a challenge to somoene.

Ok I will throw this out there: My Karate teacher Sensei Ben (Riley's student) made us train to the best of our ability and this is what he did. He would create a scale on a 1 to ten system and call it the "proverbial it" that would be how you would refer to the activity in question "it" was what you could do objectively to start..... then "it" was how far you could progress and finally "it" became hypothetical in that you set a goal. The meta goal always was to make the hypothetical "it" an actual "objective it". So for example, my goal might be to learn a side kick and use it during fighting with the hypothetical "it" to catch my teacher with the technique. I would then scale how far I could progress and work in increments on making this hypothetical actual.

It was a great system. I can't even begin to explain how much it changed my life. It turned me from a fat 12 year old into a guy who became quite a fighter! even though it was and is not my nature to be a fighter. For example, I went from getting my nose broken by one of our brown belts to succesfully defending against him (he helped me but it was with this method)... I went from breaking a board to a six block elbow strike through scaling my breaks with the proverbial it.

I guess what this method did was force us to do our best..... OBJECTIVELY. It was spooky because you never thought about what you were supposed to be able to do! So for example, can you imagine taking a Aikidoist and telling them that you are going to objectively teach them to beat up a Gracie Jiu Jutsu guy? Seriously now imagine that you actually get them to a point where they scale and practice and perfect... and they manage to tie a Gracie guy for a sparring session? See my point?

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 1:30am

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc, you need to shut the **** up and train. I don't give a **** if you are god's gift to archers wearing ballet tights. Your excuse is as obvious as everyone else's, except that you seek validation through asking for validation, and hoping, for hope's sakes, that someone will return it.

You are in no position to tell anyone what's up. You wouldn't even show up in anyone's radar unless you were not such a ****. I don't remember you for much except for posting that one video where you got your ass whooped by a guy named hector and theother video where you got your ass whooped by Omega.

And that's it. That's all you have.

You don't need to justify anything to anyone and no one needs to justify anything to you. Just shut the **** up and train.

In fact, that's what most of Bullshido needs to understand.

Just shut the **** up and train. No teaching white belts, no staying to the side instead of drilling, no thinking you're amazing and a phenom because you are some german dude who does photography and knows rudimentary jiujitsu, no self aggrandazing, no boasting.

You all keep making enemies instead of friends and training partners, and there is nothing more valuable than friends and training partners.

I don't post about how great I am. I go to class as much as I possibly can, I drill when I am told to drill, I pay attention, I don't talk during class, I spar hard, I get my ass whooped, I ask my instructors for help, i drill some more, then I drill some more, then I spar, then I get my ass whooped, then I repeat until I get it right.

Waxing on about how fucking amazing you are won't grant you the respect you so crave for. And I know you will say something about I don't want respect blah blah blah, but why lie to yourself?

Just shut the **** up and train. And good things will come, bullshido.
    Last edited by Munacra; 5/19/2009 1:34am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 2:10am

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post

You all keep making enemies instead of friends and training partners, and there is nothing more valuable than friends and training partners.
    I think thats something thats sometimes overlooked here but very very important.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 2:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Sirc comes off as a smug asshole who can't stop talking about himself.

Is that what bullshido is about? Hedge beating white belts in judo and Sirc telling people they aren't trying hard enough--while making sure we all hear at least four stories about how cool he is at every activity he attempts?

It's funny, because in both cases, I actually don't think they're wildly wrong. It took me a page or two, but basically the issue here is that they're just repeatedly proving the theory explained here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

Sirc, this is your third or so thread on this topic in a few months. What emotional problems are you bringing here instead of to your fucking therapist? Do you need validation? Admiration?

Like I said, go get a hooker and ask her to listen to your ramblings. I think it's funny that you put this in MABS. Real fucking investigation you got here.

PS. MAP-worthy "be all you can be" BS:

EDIT: Last point before I head off. Sirc is looking to crown himself Judge here, can you tell?

Matt Thornton is very fucking careful to make it not all about him. The philosophy he gets it from is very anti-guru-personality, and he makes very sure that although he's the one at the center, he's the one talking and writing and making programs happen being the go-getter of SBGi...it's about the concept, not about him. It's about aliveness, not about whether you come to Matt's knees and ask him if what you do is enough. You can test it yourself, by applying the aliveness test, or by hard sparring, or competition, or cross-training. The scientific method, the way of evidence and reality.

Sirc, instead, just wants you to bring your training to him so he can judge it. He wants to dole out the Bullshido points, to be the adjudicator of Right Training.

Sirc, am I wrong? What about your self-aggrandizing am I mistaken about here?
    I GUESS YOU MUST ALSO BE RETARDED SO I'LL POST THIS IN CRAYON TOO.

Listen, I didn't start making this about myself UNTIL YOU FUCKING ASKED ME TO, DUMBASS.

If you didn't want me talking about myself, why did you ask me questions about myself? Play that back a few times and figure out how that makes sense.

Idiot.
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 5/19/2009 2:43am at .
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast