All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 12:03pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    See, the fact that you don't have friends where you train should be a red flag for you in some way. Unless you plan on ditching those places soonish for an MMA gym or something...
    I'm looking forward to your pancrase videos though.
    Seriously, Sirc is not Ryu Hayabusa, traveling from gym to gym, never speaking, just punching stuff like he's in the last half of Fighter in the Wind

that would be RAD

but in fact, he's just this very nice young man.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 12:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't trying to do some bullshit pstychoanalyzing there, you said you didn't have friends there, what you meant was that you have friends, but "I won't ever see them outside of the gym and they don't got to the same competitions as me."
    That's understandable. But without at least a couple of real friends as training partners you're limiting your growth as a competitor because most people don't give a **** about helping people get better. So your instructor might care about your success, but then might not either. Your training partners probably don't, so they won't go out of their way to help you improve either. You're missing out on a valuable training resource by not building closer bonds with your training partners/classmates.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what do you do, Kint, tie your friends up in your ponytail and drag them to the gym with you? Most of my, what you would call my, "preexisting" outside-the-hobby friends could give two shits about martial arts. Most of the people I do martial arts with I never see outside of class. I'm not rude to them when I do see them, but it's not enough to make friends with them in most cases.

Am I supposed to stalk them?

Also, yes, I'm aware you cut it but I just love ponytail jokes.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 12:21pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't cut it.>:) I roll it up in a bun for grappling, so keep with t he jokes all you want. And I make friends with the people in my class, some of them I end up seeing outside of class and they join my circle of pre-existing friends. We all work together before tournaments and **** to prepare, etc...

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should that happen, I'm not going to act to stop it, but it takes time - probably more time then meeting the people in some context where you aren't busy doing something.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Also, I'm not gonna learn much from these competitions anyway, because some of them are TKD, which I am far beyond the level of anybody locally to even compete with me in my weight class with, not that I'm tooting my own horn. It's just true. Most of the people locally suck and I was an Olympic Nominee. Other competitions are just local Judo or medium contact kickboxing. I won't gain anything from watching me hold back. It's just glorified sparring sessions.
    The above paragraph essentially indicates you're spending a significant deal of time training and even competing for reasons other than to improve your overall performance.

To which I will add: How ironic.

FWIW, the only thought which sprung to mind after reading the original post was in the title: I felt "the sole reason" should instead be "a big reason". .. that, and your math abuse amused me.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 12:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    I dont have friends because I don't try to make any. I won't ever see them outside of the gym and they don't got to the same competitions as me. There's no practical reason to make friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    "I know I suck, but...." is admittance of your stagnation. It makes you feel comfortable, because you don't have to prove yourself anymore to anybody. You've got your place and it's safe and comfortable.
    I think this is quite the same thing, isn't it? Just saying.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 1:02pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    Should that happen, I'm not going to act to stop it, but it takes time - probably more time then meeting the people in some context where you aren't busy doing something.
    Sure, but spending 20+ hours a week with a bunch of people who have similar interests to you, you should eventually pick up a couple of good friends out of that.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really. We show up scared and leave really tired 2.5 hours later, there's no TIME for manlove.

Posted On:
    7/17/2010 11:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think the reason bullshidoka exist is because mcdojos make people feel empowered and good about themselves

I trained for 3 years in karate from ages 7-10. i felt great about it in gradeschool

Why anyone would fall for mcdojo training and want to be a bullshidoka as an adult is beyond me.

I think people like Dwight from the office would enjoy having a 12th dan from mcdojos.

ps the cultivation of bullshidoka is the cultivation of cash cows
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast