Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 5:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    first off, 6-8 hours a week is 1-3 classes. Sirc posted something more like 15-20, 5 long classes.
    Sirc is training to be an amateur and possibly professional in the future, yes? 15-20 hours would be just right for an Ammy athlete, with 30+ being required for a pro.

Though oddly enough he never competes apparently because he has no competition videos... so wtf is he doing all of this training for?

Sirc:
    Seriously, my only intent was to one liner you, watch you bitch about it and be gone because I didn't care what you had to say. You pulled me in by referencing an ancient discussion about my TKD training and since then I have gotten progressively more interested in the discussion. That being said every time you post anything someone is going to find a reason to bitch about it, get over it.

If the percentage of non-training members really is that high then I'm appalled. I always assumed my 6-8 hrs a week was on the back side of average for bullshido members/posters. How does anyone justify the mental disconnect required to be a member here and not train at all (barring injury or advanced age)?

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 5:25pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Let's all post our trainingschedule:

Monday: 2,5h Bjj and 1,5h Judo
    Tuesday: 1,5 h Bjj
    Wednessday: 3h Bjj
    Thursday: 2,5h Judo
    Friday: 2h Muay Thai

In the week I work 40 to 50 hours (IT)
    In the weekend I work 20 hours (bartender).

So seven days working, five days training AND a social life, who does better?
    For shits and giggles:

Sun: 2hrs Jits
    Mon: Weights, 1hr
    Wed: 2hrs jits
    Thur: Weights, 1hr
    Fri: 2hrs jits
    Sat: Horseback Riding, 3-4 hours.

I work 45-50 hours during the week (IT consultant) w/ occasional 80+ hour weeks. And maintain 2 horses 4 dogs. As well as spend a good deal of time with my fiance and my family.

The amount of time I train is the absolute lowest minimum for a hobby. Anyone training less than I am is making 0 progress. I COULD fit 2 days of MT in there, and probably will, but I definitely shouldn't be in the top 50% for training time on here....

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 5:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Let's all post our trainingschedule:

Monday: 2,5h Bjj and 1,5h Judo
    Tuesday: 1,5 h Bjj
    Wednessday: 3h Bjj
    Thursday: 2,5h Judo
    Friday: 2h Muay Thai

In the week I work 40 to 50 hours (IT)
    In the weekend I work 20 hours (bartender).

So seven days working, five days training AND a social life, who does better?
    HOW DARE YOU? YOU ARE AN ARROGANT BASTARD HYPOCRITE. YOU THINK YOU'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE? SHUT UP AND TRAIN!

By the way, I still win, because I am racing cars on the weekends instead of working like a chump. Chump.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 5:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Sirc is training to be an amateur and possibly professional in the future, yes? 15-20 hours would be just right for an Ammy athlete, with 30+ being required for a pro.

Though oddly enough he never competes apparently because he has no competition videos... so wtf is he doing all of this training for?

Sirc:
    Seriously, my only intent was to one liner you, watch you bitch about it and be gone because I didn't care what you had to say. You pulled me in by referencing an ancient discussion about my TKD training and since then I have gotten progressively more interested in the discussion. That being said every time you post anything someone is going to find a reason to bitch about it, get over it.

If the percentage of non-training members really is that high then I'm appalled. I always assumed my 6-8 hrs a week was on the back side of average for bullshido members/posters. How does anyone justify the mental disconnect required to be a member here and not train at all (barring injury or advanced age)?
    I train this much right now because of fights and tournaments I've got coming up. I do actually compete, I just don't care to video tape it because, like I said, I generally am by myself and nobody is there to record it.

People only bitch because I'm right and they're wrong, but they don't want to be and because I'm so keenly aware of how right (read: awesome) I am and how much I want to stick my dick in their face for it.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 5:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    HOW DARE YOU? YOU ARE AN ARROGANT BASTARD HYPOCRITE. YOU THINK YOU'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE? SHUT UP AND TRAIN!

By the way, I still win, because I am racing cars on the weekends instead of working like a chump. Chump.
    LOL, you're starting to grow on me SirC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 5:39pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    I train this much right now because of fights and tournaments I've got coming up. I do actually compete, I just don't care to video tape it because, like I said, I generally am by myself and nobody is there to record it.
    Do you seriously not have friends/teammates that film these things for you? You know that's a serious component of getting better at fighting right? Watching your performance w/ your coaches so you see where you fucked up, etc...

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 5:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you seriously not have friends/teammates that film these things for you? You know that's a serious component of getting better at fighting right? Watching your performance w/ your coaches so you see where you fucked up, etc...
    I understand that. But no, I don't have friends/teammates that film these.

I'm pretty ronin with my training. I don't have very many friends in the places I train at.

Also, I'm not gonna learn much from these competitions anyway, because some of them are TKD, which I am far beyond the level of anybody locally to even compete with me in my weight class with, not that I'm tooting my own horn. It's just true. Most of the people locally suck and I was an Olympic Nominee. Other competitions are just local Judo or medium contact kickboxing. I won't gain anything from watching me hold back. It's just glorified sparring sessions.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 9:08pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, the fact that you don't have friends where you train should be a red flag for you in some way. Unless you plan on ditching those places soonish for an MMA gym or something...
    I'm looking forward to your pancrase videos though.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 9:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 1:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, the fact that you don't have friends where you train should be a red flag for you in some way. Unless you plan on ditching those places soonish for an MMA gym or something...
    I'm looking forward to your pancrase videos though.
    I dont have friends because I don't try to make any. I won't ever see them outside of the gym and they don't got to the same competitions as me. There's no practical reason to make friends. Sure in the gym we're great training partners and buddies.

Don't read too much into this, Freud. But nice try anyway.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415 LastLast