Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HappyOldGuy wins.

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 11:46pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Mirko Filipovic is hands down, no question, my favorite fighter of all time.

May he have mercy on Mustapha Al-Turk's soul.
    May he NOT! Cro Cop by assult and battery.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 6:33am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think if he comes out and either gets the KO, or at least solidly dominates Al Turk for 3 rounds, we may all have something to hope for. OTOH, if he comes out and barely eaks out a decision, or worse yet loses, we can all go back to crying into our cheerios.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 7:19am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish he would cut to LHW. The potential fights there are much more interesting to me than he ones he could have at heavyweight.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 9:24am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to see a hungry Cro COp. I've ALWAYS felt he was overrated, and I patiently stood there and let all you guys yell at me for saying that Pride talent was overrated (Fedor and Anderson notwithstanding).

I recognize Cro-cops incredible physical talent though, and he is a real ring general when his head's in the game. If he is hungry, and ready to ATTACk the UFC, then he will be a compelling competitor.

Barring a compeltely re-invented Mirko Fillopvic, he will never hold the title though.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 11:45am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by A.D.D View Post
    I wish he would cut to LHW. The potential fights there are much more interesting to me than he ones he could have at heavyweight.
    OYG Crocop v Griffin/Evans/Jackson! Is it me or are they running out of good HWs?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 12:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    I would like to see a hungry Cro COp. I've ALWAYS felt he was overrated, and I patiently stood there and let all you guys yell at me for saying that Pride talent was overrated (Fedor and Anderson notwithstanding).

I recognize Cro-cops incredible physical talent though, and he is a real ring general when his head's in the game. If he is hungry, and ready to ATTACk the UFC, then he will be a compelling competitor.

Barring a compeltely re-invented Mirko Fillopvic, he will never hold the title though.
    Indeed. For somebody with so much power, he seems to not really like going on the offense that much. His fight against W. Silva was cool because it was like he suddenly thought "Hey, I can actually move FORWARDS as well as circle! Who'da thunk it?" He then splattered Silva in fine style.

More of that, and he'd be hard for anybody to stop.

I think Gonzaga knocked a lot of the fight out of him, though. Was too arrogant and paid for it.

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 6:30pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't that his second fight against W. Silva? I can't remember if they fought twice.

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 6:32pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Wasn't that his second fight against W. Silva? I can't remember if they fought twice.
    They faught once before with special rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post

He WILL hold the title.

HE WILL.

Wanna take an avatar bet on that?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234