Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    5/17/2009 8:02pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Raleigh-Durham NC - Bullies Assemble! - Late Spring 2009

Can I get an interest check on a Throwdown in aisle 4 please?

It's that time of year again! Pools are opening up, the sun is out longer... What better time to get together to punch each other in the face and twist body parts in painful directions that they were never intended to move in, then go get drunk as hell later!

I'll volunteer to coordinate this insofar as I'm able. Please note I'm completely new to this [s]Hoe[/s]Throwdown deal and Bullshido in general.

My thoughts so far:

- Sometime mid-June would probably be best.

- I will not able to host this at my school. I highly doubt it would be a good place to do this anyway, for a number of reasons, equipment/flooring being one of the many.

Who's interested?

Posted On:
    5/17/2009 10:05pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am game for one; I can host it at my school (like last time). If you want to coordinate it, that would be great., as I simply haven't had the time to set another one up The one caveat would be that it would need to be on Sunday, from 1-2:30 pm or so, since that is when I teach at the place I sublet from. It was a good time last year though, so hopefully that will work.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 7:47am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Count me in. Mid-June sounds good to me.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eggsellent!

SifuJason, thank you for volunteering to host again, looks like we'll be taking you up on your offer. Would this be during or after one of your classes? Also, when you say 1-2:30, is this the time range that this can happen, or just about when this can start?

As to a date, how does June 14th sound for everyone? If that works then let's go with it, that's a bit less than a month, maybe some others in the region can make it with advance notice.

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 1:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We would need to start at 1 pm, and could probably go to 3:30 or 4 if needed, but I would need to pre-reserve past 2:30 pm. 1 pm would be the start, but we could show up a bit early if needed, say 12:30 pm or so.

June 14th is good with me, if we can get enough people. I will need to confirm by the 31st of May if we are aiming for June 14.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 3:11pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whacker just PMed me about this. I wish I could make it but I am in a wedding the following weekend and can't risk my pretty face.

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can always just do jits

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 9:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or we could just move it to the 2nd weekend in July. Or he could just stop being a huge weenie and show up with battle damage anyway, like I did last weekend at my friend's wedding.:jihad1: Or he could just do the jits.

Seriously though, I'm all for anything that opens this up to more people coming, we can drag some of the ATL crew up here that would make it that much more fun. If that means delaying another month then I'm totally indifferent. This is a democratic process obviously with SifuJason being more equal than others given he's generously hosting this, so I'll bow to the greater opinion.

Another question SifuJason. What are the odds of us being able to do this on a Saturday? Any associated rental fees or dues? That would probably open this up to more people being able to make it who live further away.

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 10:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see about setting up a Saturday; we would have to do it from 1-3 pm (there have stuff before and after then), and it would be $80 total, which is easy enough to recoop. We would need to set it up a month out though if that were the case.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/18/2009 11:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH I SEE!!!!!!

You guys wait til I leave to have a party! I get it now. I know exactly how you guys are.........FINE have you're lil get together. I'll have my one and it will be better with beer and hookers.......OK forget the beer but their will be hookers........
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast