Style: Judo, BJJ, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

YouTube - Is it a sprawl?

Re: YouTube - Is it a sprawl?

YouTube - Harai Goshi knock out from throw

4:25

Oh, and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_rebellion

Seriously though, to the OP, as a fundamentalist Christian turned atheist (well theological non-cognitivist if you want to be picky), I find it best to just leave the evangelical impulse alone. I have very little to gain from trying to spread my views around apart from debunking positive claims that try to intrude into my own life. People will always do ineffective things and be wrong... with MA in particularly, maybe it's best that those douchebags learn techniques that don't work?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 8:31am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoylentNinja View Post
    well that was a short thread...
    LOL RONG

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    I have been debating with this guy about wing chun and why it's dumb but it seems like what ever I say goes out through his other ear. Then he keeps saying "stop watching youtube videos, thats not real wing chun"
    I ask him what is real wing chun and he says "I dont have to prove anything to you", I'm trying to save his guy's martial arts life but he just doesnt get it. after a while during one of my comments I tell him that Wing Chun is useless and then he calls me disrespectfull.
    FWIW when you feel you must verbally engage a bullshidoka (such as this 'chunner) let them try to do the selling. Do not make a counter offer like "judo is alive". Simply tell them you are unconvinced by their explanation of the effectiveness of chain punching and so on.

This guys accusation of disrespect is his cop out to the argument. In the future don't be the first to go negative. At least don't blurt out : "Wing Chun is useless" as an opener insult. Try to ease into the nasty stuff.

After that he asks me to challenge his "Master Fong" (60 years old) right after he told me I'm disrespectfull, (he avoids Sparring). how do you Convince a chunner? what do you do to convince a chunner?

I'd like to hear that from "Master Fong" himself rather than one of his flunkies. Let's say you kick old man Fong's ass in...then what ? Would that convince this dope that teh chun is phoney ? Experience tells me NO

Before you get a guy like this to agree to fight/spar you have to get them to agree that winning or losing is what settles the discussion. In this "Age of the Tubes" it's all about the video that gets made of it. Try to approach it as a documentary.

There should be a BEFORE clip explaining why you two are doing this. Give stats like weight and styles used and the rules you have agreed to. I personally cannot fucking stand watching a video of a "fight" and then after it's over ask myself : why was nooone punching ? why didn't either guy even attempt a takedown ? One can only assume that the rules of that particular fight didn't allow or that these guy weren't really serious about this.

Then the actual FIGHT clip. Please include the ending of the fight if there is one. If there isn't a decisive conclusion then don't bother.

Last the AFTER clip. IMHO this is when it is wholly appropriate to let the **** talking fly. Or you can be classy about it if you're not a comlete basard like me.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 5:09pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger View Post

Just because in judo, they only do grappling, doesn't mean that their training is useless. Just focused on one aspect of fighting. And yes, just because you punch and kick etc. in your art, does not mean that your training is somehow more complete. Aliveness is the overriding principle.

Free chi sau is different from randori, because most free chi sau is done wrong (which the video I think i trying to show). You can't deny the fact that the vast majority of judo is trained correctly and that most WC is trained incorrectly.

EDIT: Notice how I am not saying WC is useless, I am saying that it is usually trained wrong with an improper mentality. Your stuff looks OK, but that does not change the fact that you are a piece of ****.
    I do WT for exactly that reason, most WC is trained wrong. But I don't mind being lumped in as a chunner, with all the other variations. However, if we are going to compare styles, we should look at ideal perfection and not the wrong stuff. Anyway, The OP chunner won't sparr so it is pointless from a MMA perspective. and a WT would ask you to try your Randori against our Lat Sau, not against chi sau. Chi Sau really is done with both people cooperating so it shouldn't be a contest. I agree that more Judo is done correct since it hurts and selects for people willing to train hard, while the chun doesn't hurt and thus selects for people that don't train hard.

If you look back, I really didn't have a problem with the picture itself, I found IRONY in that a poster felt a picture of a dead execution of a technique should end a thread about wing chun vs Judo. I furthered the irony by posting a VIDEO of a stronger chunner defeating a weaker attempt at the same throw. This became a trifecta of irony since it is me, DTT. The rest of it was just people not getting it was Friday night on YMAS even though HeIsFake tried to warn everyone,......it did make me hungry though so I went to the Chinese all you can eat buffet for lunch today.

I should have posted this gem as well.....
    YouTube - Madness?THIS IS YOUTUBE!!!!

as to Jack's CHerry picked video, I made one in reply to his but he took it down.
    YouTube - Jack on his back

it is sad that you guys only see his jab when I too am jabing, and his takedown AFTER I hit him in the jaw. I guess I should have squeezed my ulna into his throat instead of rolling with it to prove a point to you people?

Watching many, many TD video I can easily say that most of you all suck just as much as me when it comes to sparring so get over it. I look like sucky Chun and you all look like sucky MMA.......so get over it.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 5:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Squeeze your ulna unti his throat... You mean like... driving the blade of your forearm into his windpipe? We do that to each other all the time... Why would it have proven a point? I do that to make people let go of my gi or to open up a space for me to take high mount, or a dozen other things. Are you implying that it would be fatal or near fatal???

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 5:58pm

Style: "LOL JUDO TEEHEE"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Squeeze your ulna unti his throat... You mean like... driving the blade of your forearm into his windpipe? We do that to each other all the time... Why would it have proven a point? I do that to make people let go of my gi or to open up a space for me to take high mount, or a dozen other things. Are you implying that it would be fatal or near fatal???

possibly fatal...and very discomfortable though....:3some:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not fatal, slightly uncomfortable. If someone there was some way, in training, to find out this sort of thing...

hrmm

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 6:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CONTEXT OF CURRENT TD VIDEOS
    California TD-duel in the Delta - No BS Martial Arts
    Here are the rules agreed to before Jack Flew across the country to this TD.
    We're going to do some full-contact sparring to test out DTT's theories of combat, especially the ones that have been exhaustively debated here. I'm not going to do anything deeply harmful or humiliating to the guy, but let me know if you've got some (legitimate) technique you're burning to see applied to him.

These are the rules when the TD occurred:
    No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - Delta Force: Central Cali TD

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rusher
    My mission was to understand where DTT was coming from on this stuff and to help him see what I feel to be errors in his training methodology. I was not there to smash him, nor to embarrass him, even though some members of this forum thought I should approach it that way. I showed up and told him we could do whatever he wanted, which worked out to be focused light sparring intended to explore his ideas, during all of which I tried to restrict myself to the rules of engagement for whatever we were doing.[/B]

When the video emerges, expect to see him charging forward with his hands in the classic Chun configuration while I backup/circle and throw ghey little arm punches to point out holes in his defense, one or two soft leg kicks to see what method he trains to handle them, a few ground things like me putting him in guard and half guard to see if he knows how to pass (the former as a drill, the latter during "sparring"), and an example of his takedown defense.

Based on our running conversation while training, I suspect that he and I disagree as to what happened during these exchanges, and my interest in arguing about it is essentially nil, so I'd rather just provide annotations to the videos explaining what I thought we were doing at each point and leave it at that.
    No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - Delta Force: Central Cali TD

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rusher
    No argument. I was a guest in DTT's house trying to play by his rules. He didn't want to have a proper fight or spar hard,so we did a series of light things like "come try your jab" and "come try to take me down" that were meant to test his theories of combat. What can I tell you? It sucked.

..and a word from our sponsor:
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega directed at IIF
    It took you this long to realize I avoided these threads like the plague. Perpetual stupidity shouldn't be encouraged.
    Please, continue with your scheduled waste of time.
    Thank you.

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 7:16pm

Style: "LOL JUDO TEEHEE"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cango View Post
    Not fatal, slightly uncomfortable. If someone there was some way, in training, to find out this sort of thing...

hrmm
    What are you talking about, lol

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cango View Post

hrmm
    I helped him over instead of trying to squeeze or launch him, or twist his head against the way his body was going. It was a good double leg after I back him up tell he couldn't back up anymore. Next time I just drove him over the kick pad into a corner and choked him with both hands, latter I backed him into a wall. So what?

It was lite sparring with minimal contact. I find it hypocritical and retarded that you people jump all over what Jack did to me in a few spots but then denounce my successes as being from a "to lite of a contact situation" to matter.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678