All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:25pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpostudent View Post
    That is true, it is immaterial online, as long as he hides behind the internet. My point is that he knows better than to say **** like that in public... or at least I hope he does. I tend to think it is cowardly to say **** online that you wouldn't say in public... it isn't funny to use racial slurs like that.

I'm not offended by him, but there are people who would be and not drop the matter so easily. I hope he gets that. It's all fun and games until he runs across some mentally unstable **** that tracks him down and hurts him. Luckily for him, most of us are sane an stable and blow him off. Nothing he says offends me. I can't say the same for everyone.
    Minorities routinely use racial slurs against whites. Intra-minority and inter-minority racial issues are of a different nature then majority to minority use of racial slurs.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    You posted seconds before I did. Stop cherrypicking evidence to suit your bad arguments.
    so now I have to sit at this computer and respond on YOUR schedule or you get to talk more ****? You may want to look into beta blockers or something.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:29pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    Minorities routinely use racial slurs against whites. Intra-minority and inter-minority racial issues are of a different nature then majority to minority use of racial slurs.
    Not where I come from. Like I said, if he made that comment to the people I know, it would be more than fighting words. I don't offended by that, but I also know what lines not to cross. I hope he learns that. Some people will not take kindly to that.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:30pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My schedule? You posted seconds before I did. We're posting at the same time. Obviously we both have free time. I didn't want to change my post because honestly, it's quite funny to see it the way it is.

Look, when things aren't going your way, don't change the subject as quickly as possible. That's all I ask.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My schedule? You posted seconds before I did. We're posting at the same time. Obviously we both have free time. I didn't want to change my post because honestly, it's quite funny to see it the way it is.

Look, when things aren't going your way, don't change the subject as quickly as possible. That's all I ask.

what the **** are you talking about?

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:33pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This conversation was about Sirc using racial epitaphs and it somehow went to insults and context and blah blah blah blah.

It was a direct result of you arguing dumb ****. Stop arguing dumb ****.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not where I come from.
    "Where you come from, beer is an entree!"

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not where I come from.
    Which part doesn't occur where you come from:

• Minorities routinely use racial slurs against whites.
    • Intra-minority racial issues are of a different nature then majority to minority use of racial slurs
    • Inter-minority racial issues are of a different nature then majority to minority use of racial slurs

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This conversation was about Sirc using racial epitaphs and it somehow went to insults and context and blah blah blah blah.

It was a direct result of you arguing dumb ****. Stop arguing dumb ****.
    ah, no, it was a direct result of kempostudent positing a fantasy scenario where sirc starts yelling epithets on the street, at black people. Which is, you know, a different context.

Point being, until we have a rule against racist language, racist language isn't against the rules. Several people shared disapproving opinions, but that isn't the same as banning him for something that's not a rule yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:43pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Which part doesn't occur where you come from:

• Minorities routinely use racial slurs against whites.
    • Intra-minority racial issues are of a different nature then majority to minority use of racial slurs
    • Inter-minority racial issues are of a different nature then majority to minority use of racial slurs
    Anyone who is not black using the n-word to a black guy's face in an insulting manner. That would earn an ass whooping, at least. Some people would kill over that. Keep in mind, I live in Las Vegas... which is not a hood. I grew up in Long Beach, CA. You didn't say **** like that to the wrong person. You didn't even give a hard look to the wrong person because they might shoot you.