Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182 8384858692 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:10am

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's hilarious to see how defending free speech turns into defending ignorance.

Don't accuse me of being a teetotaller, Johnny. And you should really stop playing dumb unless you want me to believe that's just you. He saw my Frederick Douglass avatar and what does he spout?

I guess not. But giving the word some kind of taboo is giving it power. It's made up. Like Unicorns and Dragons. I don't really give it any kind of taboo or power. **** it.
    Fucking presidents thinking they're all clever and ****. Why don't you just crawl back to your "hood" and do what you do best, hmm?
    You sure are acting very niggardly.
    Quote Originally Posted by "just to show he thinks he is much better than me"
    Wait, now I've stated that i'm a grappling genius? Since when? I said that I am better than you. Seriously the way you look on your videos, you fucking suck ass.
    Shut up ******.
    Great way to say the word ****** is just a word but then only use it to debase, insult, and discriminate.

Also, it's an example of a double standard. He is angry that we are basing his skills on a video that is two years old. He also based my skills on a video that is a year and and half old.

He then saw my videos of two months ago. Then it all turned to "I DON"T WANT TO GET HURT BEFORE MY FIGHT BRO"
    Last edited by Munacra; 6/18/2009 9:14am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:10am

Style: Judofitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    "It's a "no hold's barred, pro free speech site, but we'll ban you for x, even though we did all we could to not actually write down a rule against x""

is a poor stance to me.
    Where does it say he was banned for using "x" ? Is this, like, an unofficial truth?

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:20am

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This would all have been solved if Sirc would just compete and put up a video instead of going to throwdowns to fart around and play grabass.

But no, he won't compete because he already has done everything he can in that category by being an alternate to the guy who was sent to the qualifiers of the TKD olympic team.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    so what about if you want to refer to a 14 year old black kid, is it then okay to use the word boy?

you guys have complicated rules.
    It depends how you use it. "Its nice to meet you, boy" is insulting no matter who you are saying it to, whereas "Boy is it nice to meet you." is not insulting to anyone. Basically you should never use the first form with anyone.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    It depends how you use it. "Its nice to meet you, boy" is insulting no matter who you are saying it to, whereas "Boy is it nice to meet you." is not insulting to anyone. Basically you should never use the first form with anyone.
    okay.

boy at front of the phrase is okay, not at the end. ;-)

im a bit veerd: when i like people i call them pall or buddy (in my own language) and when i dont like em i call them asshole or fuckface, regardless of their race.

its much easier.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JC, the problem with Sirc is that he doesn't use common sense when he starts his flamming insult rants:

Coming into a thread with the opener "everyone who has posted in this thread should experience the lose of a child" (and yes he did that) will get people angry and will increase his changes to a gong sau.
    He could have used the opener "everyone who has posted in this thread will be so proud when their son brings home his boyfriend".

You see the difference, one will be a ticket for gong sau, the other is comical releave. Both are insults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    okay.

boy at front of the phrase is okay, not at the end. ;-)

im a bit veerd: when i like people i call them pall or buddy (in my own language) and when i dont like em i call them asshole or fuckface, regardless of their race.

its much easier.

Yes, but "boy" has a much more racial connotation here in the US. Using it anywhere in the sentence with that racial overtone is just like using the word "******". It is still used heavily in the south by rednecks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:55am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    JC, the problem with Sirc is that he doesn't use common sense when he starts his flamming insult rants:

Coming into a thread with the opener "everyone who has posted in this thread should experience the lose of a child" (and yes he did that) will get people angry and will increase his changes to a gong sau.
    He could have used the opener "everyone who has posted in this thread will be so proud when their son brings home his boyfriend".

You see the difference, one will be a ticket for gong sau, the other is comical releave. Both are insults.

Actually, you're full of ****, because both of those just offend different people. (version 1 being people that have knee-jerk reactions to child harm in jest, generally those who had kids too early and have to over protect them to makeup for their own lost lives, and version B offends homosexuals and parents of homosexuals, AND homophobics)

You just happen to find one funny and not the other, but you aren't everybody. That's the whole point.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    yes, I do think the rules are the rules and not some phantom set of second rules.

Hence calling them "the rules" and all.
    hey, Johnny... check out rule number one.
    No, really. If we're being obtuse and adhering slavishly to the mighty rules
    So do you get it now? Here's the "Golden Rule" of Bullshido:
    Rule #1: Don't be an Asshole.
    Do you not consider someone using the 'n' word to be covered by the whole "Asshole" clause?

See we make this big point of being pro free speech and minimal rules. If we didn't do that, it wouldn't be a big thing, because we wouldn't be trying to have it both ways: "It's a "no hold's barred, pro free speech site, but we'll ban you for x, even though we did all we could to not actually write down a rule against x""

is a poor stance to me.
    I think the rules are open to interpretation... while there's no " don't call someone n****r" rule, that comes under the 'asshole' rule... so it's up to the mods and the staff to make the call.
    You're a mod... you're defending Sirc's right to throw the word around.
    There's a real mixed message there.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:58am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh, oh. I use it all the time.

as in, "Hey boys" or "how are the boys" when i walk into the gym.