Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:42am

Style: Boxing, Beginner BJJ,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy View Post
    Jesus christ, when did everyone get so damn serious?
    In case you didn't know: THE INT3RN3T IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!

... Because knowing is half the battle (GI JOEEEEE!)

Edit: All joking aside, This is getting ridiculous and should probably not be in a thread titled Judo.....

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 7:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus christ, when did everyone get so damn serious?

okay thats it.
    you've been annoying me for weeks now....
    i call you out for a.....TEXAS BBQ CHALLENGE!!!!

i bet i can make my sausage hotter and juicier the you can.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:00am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are so fucked. How in the hell some dutch nancy boy can out BBQ a Texan of any sort is beyond all reason, and is causing me to rage almost beyond all control. Buy me a plane ticket and I'll burn Yurp to the ground, and make some delicious food from the charred windmills.

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are so fucked. How in the hell some dutch nancy boy can out BBQ a Texan of any sort is beyond all reason, and is causing me to rage almost beyond all control. Buy me a plane ticket and I'll burn Yurp to the ground, and make some delicious food from the charred windmills.
    nancyboy...WTF....NANCYBOY????

BONGSAU IN AMSTERDAM BIATCH!!!

edit: * disclaimer* bring your own b0ng and munchies*

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:05am

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will there be stroopwafels for desert?

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Johnny Cache: Glancing through the thread (as a lot of people will do, members and lurkers alike), I can't help but get the impression that you're defending Sirc's right to use the 'n' word simply because it isn't against the site's rules.
    That may not be your intent, but that's the way it appears.
    I get that you want to defend him, but over that? Really?

let's focus on the idea that suddenly there's a magic line on bullshido and "the en word" crosses it when all the other hot **** that gets sloshed around here doesn't.
    The site assumes a level of morality... in essence the site exhorts us to 'do the right thing' in martial arts and business. Why that shouldn't extend to language, I don't know.
    Wasn't one of the more celebrated moments on here when os beat JFS?
    Not the actual GNP, but the flawless victory when JFS resorted to racial epithets to try and goad Os into giving him a second chance.., physical and moral victory.
    Did you think it was okay for JFS to call a black guy 'boy' to elicit a response, knowing it was said with racial intent?

Newsflash: When we ruin people's careers it probably offends them a little more then when an asian calls a ? a racial slur.
    That's a weak argument. It also looks like you're saying "oh, it's ok for one racial group to use a racist term, because they will have had to face racism themselves". It may be that you didn't intend for it to look like that, but again, that's how it looks.

Newsflash: ****** is a derogatory word, too and basically gets juggled on bullshido. I don't think there's a single poster on here that's never called someone a gay slur. Even the gays that post.
    Why do you feel the need to make the point that 'the gays' do it, too? They come under the umbrella of every poster, surely? Or are they so uncomfortably different for you that you have to mention them as a separate, glaring exception?

^I'm just messing with that last one. I love the out-of-context stuff that we do on here. Yeah, the "oh, that's gay, you're so ghey, I have a list of faggots (*wink*) stuff is really beneath us, and we have some cool gay/bi members. I don't know if it makes them uncomfortable that their lifestyle choice is used as a slur, and I don't feel they should have to say "dude, seriously" when we call wing chun gay.

I guess it's like the misogyny thing... a lot of women just don't post because of the overtly male vibe here... LLL, for instance.

Yeah, there are a lot of battles here.
    I just don't think that allowing people to use the 'n' word is one worth fighting.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:52am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no rhyme or reason to what makes it as "blue" humor and what is truly offensive. When Don Frye says his team's performance reminded him of "a ****** eating a corn dog through a straw", its funny. The Japanese calling Randleman "Donkey Kong" is funny. Uncle Ruckus singing "Don't Trust Them New ******* Over There" is funny.

Most times, slurs are not funny. If you can pull it off just right (South Park comes to mind) then by all means, do so. Its pretty obvious when someone has hatred behind thier remark. Trying to nail it down to a list of "bad" words is a useless exercise.

Short story:
    Back in the 90's the keyboard player from my band is having a drink with a pal of his. This guy is a local drummer of some renown. The drummer starts telling this joke: "So these two faggots walk into a bar..." By this time the drummer from our band has walked up to the bar. The keyboard player tells his pal to lay off the joke because our drummer is a Gay dude.
    "OK, so you and some other guy walk into a bar..."
    End of story: They became instant friends and still are 15 years later.

Its not in the word, its in the intent and the reception.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 8:56am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, I do think the rules are the rules and not some phantom set of second rules.

Hence calling them "the rules" and all.

See we make this big point of being pro free speech and minimal rules. If we didn't do that, it wouldn't be a big thing, because we wouldn't be trying to have it both ways: "It's a "no hold's barred, pro free speech site, but we'll ban you for x, even though we did all we could to not actually write down a rule against x""

is a poor stance to me.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:06am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is also common sense. If you say something that stands a very good chance of being seen as over-the-line, expect the community to react against you. You can say anything you like, as long as you're willing to pay the price.

There can not be a rule that describes "the line". G-d gave you a brain for things like that.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so what about if you want to refer to a 14 year old black kid, is it then okay to use the word boy?

you guys have complicated rules.