All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:36am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    Good for bullshido that racial slurs are no longer tolerated. I wholeheartedly approve of this change. I also want the word "******" to dissapear, as well as posts where women are discriminated against.
    believe it or not, this is a huge issue on almost any board that allows swearing. Some people take the platform that "hatespeech" is special and more powerful, while a surprisingly large number of people think they are just more swears.

You post at pennyarcade, don't you? You should have seen the ****-storm there when they decided to ban "the en word"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:37am

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad it got banned. Honestly, you'd be laughed out of any university class if you even debated that hatespeech are just words devoid of context.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Munacra, why are you a feminist? They already have the right to cook, clean, and reproduce, and that's all they really need.

J.C., helping or hurting man, helping or hurting? couldn't you cull all of the irrelevant bullshit into a side thread? Name it "Sirc/Munacra Gong sau; peanut gallery butthurt edition"
    I don't moderate YMAS, nor do I generally moderate threads I'm active in, for reasons of avoiding conflict of interest or the appearance of one.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Arrogance Police?

You are the so called forum leader.

"******".

How many times has the prick used that word?

Honestly - I think that is the first time in 49 years that I ever wrote that word, which is in my house, and the house I grew up in, a forbidden word.

I give MY word on that.

What say you Johnny?

Where is the line here Mr. Forum Leader?
    Regardless of how you feel about it, there wasn't a concrete policy in place on it. There still really isn't, even phrost's new missive doesn't really have anything hard and fast in it.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    I'm glad it got banned. Honestly, you'd be laughed out of any university class if you even debated that hatespeech are just words devoid of context.
    It got banned? Really?

Also, people here love saying ****** and **** and ***** and queer - if hatespeech is your hot button de jour, hungry joe definitely started it in this thread.

HungryJoe - I'm glad your parents raised you not to say racial slurs. They evidently made up for it with homophobia and mysogyny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:45am

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    believe it or not, this is a huge issue on almost any board that allows swearing. Some people take the platform that "hatespeech" is special and more powerful, while a surprisingly large number of people think they are just more swears.

You post at pennyarcade, don't you? You should have seen the ****-storm there when they decided to ban "the en word"
    isnt that what Sirc does, tell everyone they are stupid and that their family will die in different ways and that the world hates u, etc, sprinkled with profanity every 3 words or so?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:47am

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    I don't moderate YMAS, nor do I generally moderate threads I'm active in, for reasons of avoiding conflict of interest or the appearance of one.
    I don't think it would be a conflict at all, just remove all posts that aren't sirc, hungry joe, munacra, and 7th samurai. but thats just me. I feel like there should be, i dunno, a forum around here where people can start threads about meeting up to spar...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:48am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JC,

Honestly.

I'd like to call a heartfelt truce.

Sirc and Munacra will get a chance to roll.

There will be no attempts to seriously hurt one another.

Sirc will continue to post his tripe. You will continue to watch over him.

My posts in his thread have served the intended purpose. He has been called out.

May the best man win.

Nothing personal then, nothing personal now.

This is the internet.

The bucolic e-tard (sorry - thinking about making that one a favorite quote).

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:48am

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I move that that all posts regarding Munacra/Sirc/Johnny/HungryJoe's little disagreement as well as our little discussion on the proper application of the n-word be culled from this thread into a new one, you know, one not about Judo.

YouTube - Family Reunion - Blink 182

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 12:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onr3e View Post
    isnt that what Sirc does, tell everyone they are stupid and that their family will die in different ways and that the world hates u, etc, sprinkled with profanity every 3 words or so?
    He swears a lot.

This isn't a very nice forum, you know that right? All the butthurt people on this forum need to think about the fact that how they feel right now is what they've been giving for years.

I've ALWAYS taken the viewpoint that you can't make someone be more mature with hard rule against word X, that they have to learn what should and shouldn't be said as a process of growing. I don't think ANY word should be punishable, in and of itself.