Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Thats the dichotomy. It was never about the whole. It was about the few who did most of the trolling. And the way the higher ups seemed to use them as a tool. that was sick. That seems to have been curtailed a bit. Especially since some of them have been chased off. And nobody seems to care about the rest.
    I'm glad you feel more fairly treated now.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we'll see.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    I'm glad you feel more fairly treated now.
    During our dealings with Bruce Downey, Rudy was quite beneficial. I would have thought the cross-participation of all manner of posters and training styles for a common purpose would have demonstrated that to him.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:50am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, think of it from Downey's perspective. We ganged up on him and sometimes took it to lengths that were unnecessary. Granted, he was a douche, and exactly the opposite of what I want CMA to be seen as. BUT we didn't need any of the trolling. We were doing fine with just facts. So the way the board handles people has not really changed. its just not about me.

Peoples political perceptions of the board are colored and swirled. They forget WHY I was at odds with the board and just assumed I was another anti mma douche.

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the way the board handles people has not really changed. its just not about me.
    How do you think we should treat people like Downey?

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    with facts..... when it was about his MA its was fair game. Bringing in religion and entertaining that line was useless. also, it didn't require a thousand people to drown him out. What was ironic is that it was mostly the CMA guys arguing with him.

a little bit of taste and common courtesy would have been nice too. Too many posters here like to play "pancho tough guy jock strap al pachino"
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 6/17/2009 12:06pm at .

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, think of it from Downey's perspective. We ganged up on him and sometimes took it to lengths that were unnecessary. Granted, he was a douche, and exactly the opposite of what I want CMA to be seen as. BUT we didn't need any of the trolling. We were doing fine with just facts. So the way the board handles people has not really changed. its just not about me.

Peoples political perceptions of the board are colored and swirled. They forget WHY I was at odds with the board and just assumed I was another anti mma douche.

My own two cents:

I think people who have been in MA for a while have a real mindfuck to deal with: we of experience have been taught that there is a reverence for that achievment, as should be.... but we also like a policy of non-interference, i.e. I see red when I think about the state of New Jersey regulating martial arts for fees... Pisses me off to no end.

The grey area is when people with little experience (5 years minus imo) start to have strong opinions and want a say in what I teach, what my approach is. I believe in my heart that this desire is a good thing, I also believe that it can be abused.

What happens on this board is a combination of this process: often people with Bullshido cred come here and make great points and askgood hard questions of frauds... other times group think and idiocy reign supreme and one must deal with juvenile attitudes about what works, what is good and what is bad. It does not help when otherwise good people who do have a lot of experience become chauvanistic... the judo guys do this sometimes.

But I have to say that it does cause ambivalence... Ultimately I am on the side of information and freedom for all, with the caveat that douchebaggery is somewhat recognized better. Rudy I see some of your response a response to that douchebaggery and I get into trouble here for the same reasons. But there are good people here too who try and want to make the martial arts landscape more transparent.

BTW I do like your site I have looked at it. I would implore you as someone a little younger than me and probably with a similar amount of experience, to bear with **** on the board when it comes up. This place benefits from people with experience and I look foward to the days when new students come to class and don't give me some pat answer to why they are studying and ask me good skeptical questions about what i intend to teach them... which I do not see right now!

Thats my rant for the day.. that and I hope people realize when I am pulling one's leg... it is the way I entertain myself (I have to be at the computer here all day for what I do) and never mean any harm by it.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    with facts..... when it was about his MA its was fair game. Bringing in religion and entertaining that line was useless.
    Bruce was actually the one to first bring religion into the discussion as a means to attempt to perceive himself as above the rest of us.

also, it didn't require a thousand people to drown him out.
    How would you suggest this be rectified.
    When EVERYONE has issues with him?
    The problem with that specific thread was:
    Everyone wasn't trying to drown him out, Bruce only selectively decided whom he wished to answer if Bruce thought he might have a strong argument against that person.

What was ironic is that it was mostly the CMA guys arguing with him.
    No, what was ironic is you had CMA guys and BJJ guys arguing against him together.
    a little bit of taste and common courtesy would have been nice too.
    I would say there was a greater quantity of taste and common courtesy then trollposting.

It ebbed and flowed but by and large the point topics outweighed the shitposts.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    with facts..... when it was about his MA its was fair game. Bringing in religion and entertaining that line was useless. also, it didn't require a thousand people to drown him out. What was ironic is that it was mostly the CMA guys arguing with him.

a little bit of taste and common courtesy would have been nice too. Too many posters here like to play "pancho tough guy jock strap al pachino"
    You know this is pretty interesting coming from the guy who's basically the quickest to the lowest personal attacks, all the time, and the guy who routinely tries to quash things by telling the arguer he'd beat them up.

You swing for the balls when you're losing ground and then hop on the high road when you think the crowd's going your way.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    Was it clear to you Johnny? What I wrote?
    No. You came across like you meant it to me.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.