Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 8:40pm

Style: Judo n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtony View Post
    Judo is interesting, I would not mind some hardcore judo training. Its the only way to know.
    Wrong judo thread dude you'll want this one

A judo thread that is actually about Judo - No BS Martial Arts

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 8:51pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But you know what though? Maybe your sister-in-law can't handle it. But This is the same as how I have no problem calling a homo gay or a fag. I'd rather go about thinking that people can handle it vs. going around thinking that everyone is a fucking fragile little flower who can't handle a few harsh words. I'm sorry for your brother's situation, it sucks, it really does.

I feel that my approach is in itself, more respectful. I talk to everyone the same and give nobody any kind of leniency. I feel that people are stronger than that and can handle it. Whether or not they can is a totally different story
    Sirc, what you are doing is a very unaware and self-righteous kind of racism. You are taking liberties of calling someone a racial/gender/sexual orientation slur without any regard and if someone takes offense, well it's their fault for not having thick skin. You may not assign importance to the word "******" but that just speaks to how much of an ignorant bigot (and frankly, a complete idiot) than to how touchy the other person may be. You are not justified in doing what you do.

You even manage to be very smarmy and condescending to 7th. To what purpose? Why are you the arbiter of what is racist or not? Your theories are laughable and have no purpose than "because I can do it". Regardless of wheter you like to admit it, the word "******", the word "fag", are contextually loaded ones in an inherently racist/sexist/heterosexual society and no amount of your wishful thinking will stop it. By stripping the word of any meaning, you are essentially white-washing them, pretending as if racism/sexism/etc is not a big problem. You are hiding it under the table. But the words continue to serve their own function. You are trying to strip away the power of someone who takes offense at those words by forcing your own privilege to use it.

You have said that ****** is just a word like Unicorn. Yet, you seem to ignore the fact that a unicorn is a horse with a horn on his forehead and ****** is used to denote lazy, irresponsible, ignorant, stupid, mongoloid, etc.

How are they just words, Sirc?

In the end, people have been far too lenient with you. You get away with so many things I cannot believe the little bubble you live in. You're going to belittle everything I said because that's your modus operandi. You are so predictable it hurts me, Sirc.

But hey. Just like you get your right to say hatespeech I have my right to shut you the **** up.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 8:53pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People are gonna say things and people can either ignore it or endure it or get hurt over it.
    There are some of us who won't stand for it. I have no interest in perpetuating racism and giving such a banal excuse as you did for it.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    Sirc, what you are doing is a very unaware and self-righteous kind of racism. You are taking liberties of calling someone a racial/gender/sexual orientation slur without any regard and if someone takes offense, well it's their fault for not having thick skin. You may not assign importance to the word "******" but that just speaks to how much of an ignorant bigot (and frankly, a complete idiot) than to how touchy the other person may be. You are not justified in doing what you do.

You even manage to be very smarmy and condescending to 7th. To what purpose? Why are you the arbiter of what is racist or not? Your theories are laughable and have no purpose than "because I can do it". Regardless of wheter you like to admit it, the word "******", the word "fag", are contextually loaded ones in an inherently racist/sexist/heterosexual society and no amount of your wishful thinking will stop it. By stripping the word of any meaning, you are essentially white-washing them, pretending as if racism/sexism/etc is not a big problem. You are hiding it under the table. But the words continue to serve their own function. You are trying to strip away the power of someone who takes offense at those words by forcing your own privilege to use it.

You have said that ****** is just a word like Unicorn. Yet, you seem to ignore the fact that a unicorn is a horse with a horn on his forehead and ****** is used to denote lazy, irresponsible, ignorant, stupid, mongoloid, etc.

How are they just words, Sirc?

In the end, people have been far too lenient with you. You get away with so many things I cannot believe the little bubble you live in. You're going to belittle everything I said because that's your modus operandi. You are so predictable it hurts me, Sirc.

But hey. Just like you get your right to say hatespeech I have my right to shut you the **** up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    There are some of us who won't stand for it. I have no interest in perpetuating racism and giving such a banal excuse as you did for it.
    I'll tell you what. I'll never ever use ****** ever again if I never see anybody else use ******, gay, idiot, queer, bitch, or any other word that is derogatory towards a group of people.

Ok?

However, if I catch you using it, I will freely call you and everyone else as a ****** or whatever I feel like, cool?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 9:42pm

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    That's touching, really. It is.

And I appreciate that you feel that greatly for your brother and his ebony queen, but you have to understand something. I like the part about your nephew, it was very touching, very human.
    The problem here is that even IF you were trying to be sincere, you still come off sounding like a smug bastard. It appears insincere.

But you know what though? Maybe your sister-in-law can't handle it. But This is the same as how I have no problem calling a homo gay or a fag. I'd rather go about thinking that people can handle it vs. going around thinking that everyone is a fucking fragile little flower who can't handle a few harsh words. I'm sorry for your brother's situation, it sucks, it really does.
    This is completely situationally inappropriate and sounds like something person with a narcissitic personality disorder would say (301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder, if anyone is interested.) I state again that a reasonable and prudent person (ie., a person in their right state of mind) would recognize the behavior as inappropriate regardless of racial perspective. A racist would know they are being racist on the grounds that they are aware of a differenc and seek to exploit it. In your case, you are aware there is a social stigma to the term(s) and are aware of their potential impact on others, but still chose to use them as if they would have no effect on another person.

I feel that my approach is in itself, more respectful. I talk to everyone the same and give nobody any kind of leniency. I feel that people are stronger than that and can handle it. Whether or not they can is a totally different story.
    This basically supports what I said above. It doesn't mean you're doing anyone a favor, you're just being an across-the-board bigot.

I suspect that you're not apt to changing your perspective and feel comfortable within your social circle/bubble. I've seen the same kind of behavior in people who were not raised properly to understand the meaning of their actions. You see the same thing in people with dissocial/antisocial personality disorders.

That or you're just a complete ass, but if you were to call my nephew a ******, I'd shove your teeth so far down your throat you'd be chewing on your asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 9:45pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Sirc, instead of idiot can I use moron? To be fair, I wouldn't like it if posters used derogatory terms against you. I come here to learn more about all types of martial arts/mma talk/grappling and see silly videos. Seeing racial slurs on a martial art website just bums me out. It doesn't mean that free speech should be taken away, I just don't like it. That's me.
    Last edited by Beezer; 6/22/2009 9:49pm at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 9:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    The problem here is that even IF you were trying to be sincere, you still come off sounding like a smug bastard. It appears insincere.

This is completely situationally inappropriate and sounds like something person with a narcissitic personality disorder would say (301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder, if anyone is interested.) I state again that a reasonable and prudent person (ie., a person in their right state of mind) would recognize the behavior as inappropriate regardless of racial perspective. A racist would know they are being racist on the grounds that they are aware of a differenc and seek to exploit it. In your case, you are aware there is a social stigma to the term(s) and are aware of their potential impact on others, but still chose to use them as if they would have no effect on another person.

This basically supports what I said above. It doesn't mean you're doing anyone a favor, you're just being an across-the-board bigot.

I suspect that you're not apt to changing your perspective and feel comfortable within your social circle/bubble. I've seen the same kind of behavior in people who were not raised properly to understand the meaning of their actions. You see the same thing in people with dissocial/antisocial personality disorders.

That or you're just a complete ass, but if you were to call my nephew a ******, I'd shove your teeth so far down your throat you'd be chewing on your asshole.
    You people just don't get it, do you?

Seriously you people are such assholes. Why is 1 bad word a badder word than every other bad word? If you're going to bitch at me about this ONE bad word, why aren't you bitching at everyone who calls someone a ****** or make gay jokes? Or when bitch is used, or ****? Huh? Are the feelings of a woman who has suffered negatively from the results of misogyny less in value than a black dude?

My entire point I've been trying to make here is that you're all a bunch of hypocritical assholes.

Bad words are bad words. It's very black and white. If you all just admit that you're all a bunch of fucking hypocritical assholes who pick and choose what to get upset over, I'll apologize.

I may act like a bigot, but at least I have integrity.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 10:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Hey Sirc, instead of idiot can I use moron? To be fair, I wouldn't like it if posters used derogatory terms against you. I come here to learn more about all types of martial arts/mma talk/grappling and see silly videos. Seeing racial slurs on a martial art website just bums me out. It doesn't mean that free speech should be taken away, I just don't like it. That's me.
    K, why aren't you going to those forums then?

I didn't make you click this link.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 10:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I look forward to the bullshit rebuttal someone sends my way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 10:19pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K, why aren't you going to those forums then?

I didn't make you click this link.
    I do go to those forums, I also like YMAS. I like to check out your threads, you're not a moron (I didn't use the word idiot), some of your stuff is pretty interesting. Like this thread, I couldn't stop reading most of the posts. It was a great read. Your writing could be great, but, in my opinion, the racial slurs/taunts wreck it. I understand what you are doing, again, I just don't like it. You have the right on a public message board to write what you want (unless the mods have a different opinion) and I have the same right to make a counter post to what you wrote. You're a smart guy, you will figure it out one day.