Posted On:
    6/22/2009 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpostudent View Post
    That is Clyde.
    You have completely and utterly failed to use sufficiently colorful language in describing him. Any accurate assessment require strings of 4 or 5 adjectives for each of his aspects being discussed.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 4:26pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you don't like vegas? Are you sure you're all asian? because LOL YOUR PEOPLE GAMBLE
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 4:27pm

Style: MT Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    Here's my issue with your use of the word...

My little brother married a girl from Nigeria. She's black. Whenever they go out, there's always some ignorant asshole who pipes up with his thoughts on their relationship. My brother doesn't speak to people within out family any longer that also have issues with his wife's race. So here's a guy who is 27 years old, married a girl that he loves very much, and he catches **** from people walking down the street and from people within his own family.

For reference, we both live in liberal hippie Austin where one would think such a thing wouldn't be quite so bad.

They just had a son about one month ago, and not surprisingly, he looks black and has my brother's cowlick, which I'm certain will make for an interesting haircut in the future. In my opinion, he's absolutely the most beautiful baby and I'm proud to be his uncle.

And then comes along someone who uses the word ****** like it doesn't hold weight...I can appreciate that you do not assign a value to the word and so in your opinion, the word becomes powerless, but the fact remains that it does. Whereas my little brother is non-violent and avoids confrontation, I do not. I have no issue with getting in someone's face for throwing out ****** like it doesn't mean anything. I'm not going to sit around while my sister-in-law cries or is intimidated by idiots using the word. And just because you're non-white doesn't mean that you have a permissable use to throw it around due to your lack of white guilt. It's a shitty word to use.

You're not enlightened or on an elevated level of thought. You're taking liberty with a word that you feel doesn't have a meaning when a whole class of people do. To me it shows a great deal of immaturity and lack of respect for your fellow man. Racism is just a social construct, but unfortunately it can't be ignored or devalued just because you alone reduce the impact of its meaning for your own purposes.
    AMEN

QFT

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

poser

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 5:05pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, but if some punk-ass Asian kid came up to your wife and said "hey ******" do you think she'd start beating him up with her umbrella/purse/whatever?

no.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also, the challenge is flawed because the action is SO stupid and SO proscribed, anyone witnessing someone doing it might hesitate to interfere because of the likelyhood it's a Tom Green style stunt or a trick or prank of some kind or the sheer shock value.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

poser

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 5:14pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we should stop, we're screwing sirc out of $100.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 5:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if I wanted kempo's hundred bucks, I'd tell a group of black people I was filming a movie about race or doing a pysch experiment or something.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 5:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My little brother married a girl from Nigeria. She's black. Whenever they go out, there's always some ignorant asshole who pipes up with his thoughts on their relationship. My brother doesn't speak to people within out family any longer that also have issues with his wife's race. So here's a guy who is 27 years old, married a girl that he loves very much, and he catches **** from people walking down the street and from people within his own family.

For reference, we both live in liberal hippie Austin where one would think such a thing wouldn't be quite so bad.

They just had a son about one month ago, and not surprisingly, he looks black and has my brother's cowlick, which I'm certain will make for an interesting haircut in the future. In my opinion, he's absolutely the most beautiful baby and I'm proud to be his uncle.

And then comes along someone who uses the word ****** like it doesn't hold weight...I can appreciate that you do not assign a value to the word and so in your opinion, the word becomes powerless, but the fact remains that it does. Whereas my little brother is non-violent and avoids confrontation, I do not. I have no issue with getting in someone's face for throwing out ****** like it doesn't mean anything. I'm not going to sit around while my sister-in-law cries or is intimidated by idiots using the word. And just because you're non-white doesn't mean that you have a permissable use to throw it around due to your lack of white guilt. It's a shitty word to use.

You're not enlightened or on an elevated level of thought. You're taking liberty with a word that you feel doesn't have a meaning when a whole class of people do. To me it shows a great deal of immaturity and lack of respect for your fellow man. Racism is just a social construct, but unfortunately it can't be ignored or devalued just because you alone reduce the impact of its meaning for your own purposes.
    ^^^
    This.
    YOU can control the manner in which YOU are using the word but you cannot control the manner in which it is received.

The recipient can't look into your heart and see the manner in which it is being used and you cannot look into their heart and see their past history.

Now, 7th, get back to training Munacra in his striking.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That's touching, really. It is.

And I appreciate that you feel that greatly for your brother and his ebony queen, but you have to understand something. I like the part about your nephew, it was very touching, very human.

But you know what though? Maybe your sister-in-law can't handle it. But This is the same as how I have no problem calling a homo gay or a fag. I'd rather go about thinking that people can handle it vs. going around thinking that everyone is a fucking fragile little flower who can't handle a few harsh words. I'm sorry for your brother's situation, it sucks, it really does.

I feel that my approach is in itself, more respectful. I talk to everyone the same and give nobody any kind of leniency. I feel that people are stronger than that and can handle it. Whether or not they can is a totally different story.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    also, the challenge is flawed because the action is SO stupid and SO proscribed, anyone witnessing someone doing it might hesitate to interfere because of the likelyhood it's a Tom Green style stunt or a trick or prank of some kind or the sheer shock value.
    The other flaw in this is that he wants me to find the most disagreeable person. The situation would be the same if I found the most reasonable black person and said it to. But whatever, if I get th chance I will earn myself $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    ^^^
    This.
    YOU can control the manner in which YOU are using the word but you cannot control the manner in which it is received.

The recipient can't look into your heart and see the manner in which it is being used and you cannot look into their heart and see their past history.

Now, 7th, get back to training Munacra in his striking.
    People are gonna say things and people can either ignore it or endure it or get hurt over it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 8:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wing chung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo is interesting, I would not mind some hardcore judo training. Its the only way to know.