223783 Bullies, 3525 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1308
Page 109 of 131 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109 110111112113119 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. kwoww is offline
    kwoww's Avatar

    poser

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley / Rochester
    Posts
    1,986

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:43pm


     Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy clusterfuck thread

    someone wanna give me the highlights? i lost so many brain cells by page 15 that i was too terrified to go on
  2. Foolish is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpostudent View Post
    I would vigorously defend anyone's right to spout any ignorant bullshit on the internet... that is a matter of free speech. I do not absolve them of the responsibility for their actions. Sirc has the right to make racist statements. I do not believe he is, in fact, a racist. He is playing with fire, though.

    Someone cannot knowingly make racist statements and use racial slurs as insults, then have someone say he isn't racist. Sirc should and does have the right to say it. But he also has the obligation to take responsibility for it. If he is making racist statements because he wants and knows he will get a reaction from it, then he is racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    Racist language is not protected under free speech. Basically, no one has the right to say anything racist.
    Free speech does not mean speech without consequence. People do and should have the right to make racist statements. But they also need to accept that other people will judge them for their statements and a treat them accordingly.
  3. kwoww is offline
    kwoww's Avatar

    poser

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley / Rochester
    Posts
    1,986

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:52pm


     Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
    If he is making racist statements because he wants and knows he will get a reaction from it, then he is racist.
    No, he's being a troll.

    If he says racist things because he believes them, then that means he is racist. If he's saying them to piss people off, that means he is being very classically Sirc and you people need to toughen up your e-skins.
  4. Bobby 3 Hooks is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:55pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Turkish Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tl;dr
  5. ysc87 is offline
    ysc87's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    LA/CA ; STL/MO
    Posts
    1,136

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:59pm


     Style: crapp-lawl-ing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby 3 Hooks View Post
    tl;dr
    Then, why the **** post?

    **** you, **** your mother, **** your grandmother, and **** your mother again.
  6. Munacra is offline
    Munacra's Avatar

    I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,292

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 1:09pm


     Style: Gentleman Adventurer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wrong on the free speech thing. Thanks for correcting me.
  7. kenpostudent is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    502

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 1:11pm


     Style: American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    I was wrong on the free speech thing. Thanks for correcting me.
    It doesn't invalidate your point, though. There are standards of decency, and he clearly violated those. Trolling or not, I don't condone his words. Many think he went too far. I agree.
  8. HappyOldGuy is offline
    HappyOldGuy's Avatar

    Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 1:12pm


     Style: Rehab Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    Contrary to popular opinion, free speech has nothing to do with hate speech. Racist language is not protected under free speech. Basically, no one has the right to say anything racist.

    It is a common misconception that people have the right to say whatever they want because they can, etc etc.
    Unless you have moved to one of several countries in Europe without telling us you are simply factually incorrect under US constitutional law.
  9. Snake Plissken is offline
    Snake Plissken's Avatar

    When I Get Back

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,559

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 1:16pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    Unless you have moved to one of several countries in Europe without telling us you are simply factually incorrect under US constitutional law.
    What he said.

    The FBI is generally in charge of prosecuting "Hate Crimes" or "Violation of Civil Rights" and from their website:
    The First Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees the right to free speech. It is not generally a crime to express intolerance toward others because of their race, religion, color, or ethnicity. However, it is against the law to engage in criminal acts based on intolerance.
  10. Munacra is offline
    Munacra's Avatar

    I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,292

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 1:18pm


     Style: Gentleman Adventurer

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    I was wrong on the free speech thing. Thanks for correcting me.
    I read what you guys said and researched it. I had it pretty wrong.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.