228203 Bullies, 4730 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1308
Page 108 of 131 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 10:27am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    it got out that it was a hoax just this morning so most links are from dutch or belgian websites( both speak dutch language).
    Legit or hoax, all I can say is lol.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you sure it isn't a double hoax? Much easier to just tell the girl you're doing just henna, then deal with all the tat experts in the world yelling "Fake!".

"Yes dear, henna is supposed to hurt like that..."
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 10:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    So you're saying you don't understand Dutch?
    dude...it's me....like i have any understanding about anything whatso-ever...
    dutch version said it was a hoax and that a belgian radiostation did it to promote theirselves.

dont shoot the messager.

edit: messenger.

must unlearn french.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:03pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87 View Post
    From my interactions with Chris (Sirc), he absolutely knows what he is saying and in what context. He's just a guy with a quote-unquote "intense" personality.

I may not agree with 100% of his statements and his intentional lack of interwebs etiquette, but I'll defend his right to express himself in whatever manner he likes regardless.
    I would vigorously defend anyone's right to spout any ignorant bullshit on the internet... that is a matter of free speech. I do not absolve them of the responsibility for their actions. Sirc has the right to make racist statements. I do not believe he is, in fact, a racist. He is playing with fire, though.

I have said from the outset, I think he is a smart guy who knows what he can and can't get away with. I still don't believe he would mouth off like that in a public place around people he doesn't know and in an environment he cannot control. If he really believes that the n-word was akin to a "dragon" and a "unicorn", then there should be no real issue of him screaming it a the top of his lungs in the middle of the ghetto or in an all black night club full of strangers. He won't do that, though, because he knows what the consequences would be. Hence, he doesn't believe his own argument. He is just looking for attention in an environment with little to no consequences.

Hell, if I met Sirc, I would probably like him. He would crack me up. I would still think that he is over-the-top. I support his right to free speech, but I don't defend his comments, nor his justification for them. That is all I have to say on the issue.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:16pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Contrary to popular opinion, free speech has nothing to do with hate speech. Racist language is not protected under free speech. Basically, no one has the right to say anything racist.

It is a common misconception that people have the right to say whatever they want because they can, etc etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra View Post
    Contrary to popular opinion, free speech has nothing to do with hate speech. Racist language is not protected under free speech. Basically, no one has the right to say anything racist.

It is a common misconception that people have the right to say whatever they want because they can, etc etc.
    If the speech were inciteful, that is true. He cannot use some First Amendment defense to making some call to arms to kill all white people or all black people or whatever.

I am not sure about "hate speech" in terms of just using the language. I know he would be expelled from school if he used language like that at my University. I know that he would get fired from almost any job for using that language. He would also rub most people the wrong way. I don't know what other consequences he would suffer. To my knowledge, he would have the right to put up a website using racial slurs and such and no one can say anything about it as long as his speech did not incite others to violence. Don't take that as definitive, though.

Pulling mount since '09

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:20pm

Style: jits da variedade brasile

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Minor point. Hate speech is clearly offensive by definition, but it is not illegal in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpostudent View Post
    If the speech were inciteful, that is true. He cannot use some First Amendment defense to making some call to arms to kill all white people or all black people or whatever.
    Even then, for it to be successfully prosecuted, the danger must be imminent to the potential victims based on the incitement.

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is your justification for this?

Are you referring to U.S. First Amendment protections, or to some other aspect of "free speech"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    Minor point. Hate speech is clearly offensive by definition, but it is not illegal in the US.
    Agreed. Hate speech is only illegal if it incites others to violence... i.e. "Rise up and kill all (insert group here)."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post

Even then, for it to be successfully prosecuted, the danger must be imminent to the potential victims based on the incitement.
    Agreed.