Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 11:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

1 posts wonders don't get to rehash settled MABS threads.

Hey everyone any information you need about walt lysak let me know, i wanted to search his name on google and i found a link to this site and read some posts. I been training at his schools for a few years

Posted On:
    5/07/2009 6:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll bite. The questions are all throughout the thread: where did Lysak study, who gave him his rank, etc?

But I've made up my mind: this thread shows up very high on lots of google searches for Lysak and SENTO, and it basically gives the whole story. He apparently produces good fighters and grapplers, his resume is a bunch of garbage from money-for-rank organizations, his advertising/marketing is disgusting, and his videos are overpriced, overmarketed (didn't deliver on the advertising) and underwhelming. Buying stuff from him puts you on a rabid-RBSD mailing list (WANT TO LEARN 5 WAYS TO KILL A MAN WITH YOUR PINKY etc). He probably got legitimate rank from a few people, but wanted more, and he created his own style, and got worthless ranks in circle-jerk organizations. To me that's reprehensible.

But he does apparently teach people who can grapple and strike, at least anecdotally. So whatever.

If you want to contribute, just read through the thread and respond to the questions already in it.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2009 10:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    I'll bite. The questions are all throughout the thread: where did Lysak study, who gave him his rank, etc?

But I've made up my mind: this thread shows up very high on lots of google searches for Lysak and SENTO, and it basically gives the whole story. He apparently produces good fighters and grapplers, his resume is a bunch of garbage from money-for-rank organizations, his advertising/marketing is disgusting, and his videos are overpriced, overmarketed (didn't deliver on the advertising) and underwhelming. Buying stuff from him puts you on a rabid-RBSD mailing list (WANT TO LEARN 5 WAYS TO KILL A MAN WITH YOUR PINKY etc). He probably got legitimate rank from a few people, but wanted more, and he created his own style, and got worthless ranks in circle-jerk organizations. To me that's reprehensible.

But he does apparently teach people who can grapple and strike, at least anecdotally. So whatever.

If you want to contribute, just read through the thread and respond to the questions already in it.
    Are you sure?

check this out,this is nice!

check out 10:16 on this UFC vid and you will see who was cornering for the champ! Walt Lysak,Charlie Lysak and Frank shamrock.

YouTube - Maurice Smith and Mark Coleman highlights with end celebration w/ Joe Rogan and I

Posted On:
    5/13/2009 10:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE911 View Post
    Are you sure?

check this out,this is nice!

check out 10:16 on this UFC vid and you will see who was cornering for the champ! Walt Lysak,Charlie Lysak and Frank shamrock.

YouTube - Maurice Smith and Mark Coleman highlights with end celebration w/ Joe Rogan and I
    I am not sure what part of my statement you are disagreeing or attempting to refute.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2009 12:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KENPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know personally walt lysak jr. and his brother charlie.they have stayed in my home.they are good dudes and world class martial artists.their skills are EXCEPTIONAL.i would LOVE to see the men that could best either of them.i know joe lewis himself esteems them both very very highly.ive seen that with my own eyes.their father is a world class fighter.he is an old school jujutsu pioneer...like the depasquales...
    as far as rank bullshit and the marketing thing..??it doesnt diminish their skills.what ma person isnt trying to make a buck???trust me these guys can FIGHT.tony blauer said he'd hire a hitman before fighting them.hes the real deal but could never stop them.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2009 9:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggybulldog View Post
    i know personally walt lysak jr. and his brother charlie.they have stayed in my home.they are good dudes and world class martial artists.their skills are EXCEPTIONAL.i would LOVE to see the men that could best either of them.i know joe lewis himself esteems them both very very highly.ive seen that with my own eyes.their father is a world class fighter.he is an old school jujutsu pioneer...like the depasquales...
    as far as rank bullshit and the marketing thing..??it doesnt diminish their skills.what ma person isnt trying to make a buck???trust me these guys can FIGHT.tony blauer said he'd hire a hitman before fighting them.hes the real deal but could never stop them.
    i totally agree with you! The thing is i don't think a hitman would be enough either,LOL!!!
    In a sports match like the UFC either one of them would be top players,they might not win,but top players for sure.
    but,in a real combat situation.thats a different story!!!
    the arsonal that sento has is trully designed for killing,to fight one of these guys is certain death. i know that sounds very extreme,but i know what's in that arsonal! spooky ****!
    personaly i highly doubt the lysaks would deal in any dishonest trading of rank stuff.they don't need too!

apparently the only ones questioning them are people who don't even know them,and thats just not right.

peace!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2009 9:37pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggybulldog View Post
    Meaning you met Joe Lewis at a seminar.

How about the rank bullshit? BS or not?

How long have you been training?

Forgive us if we don't all fall down and bow on your word.

What MA person has to lie about his rank? Why does a person lie period?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2009 9:39pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE911 View Post
    i totally agree with you! The thing is i don't think a hitman would be enough either,LOL!!!
    In a sports match like the UFC either one of them would be top players,they might not win,but top players for sure.
    but,in a real combat situation.thats a different story!!!
    the arsonal that sento has is trully designed for killing,to fight one of these guys is certain death. i know that sounds very extreme,but i know what's in that arsonal! spooky ****!
    personaly i highly doubt the lysaks would deal in any dishonest trading of rank stuff.they don't need too!

apparently the only ones questioning them are people who don't even know them,and thats just not right.

peace!!!
    You too killer.

How long have you been involved in the martial arts?

Watching movies does not count.