Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Thanks for making all this "kwan_dao's problem" DdlR. You really do not see the problem with all the weird claims, personal attacks and non-answering of simple questions?
    I said that I didn't understand your problem with the "ancient Greek boxing" video clip; your disagreement with Bludhall is a different issue.

I only have a problem with the original video in so much, as it imho shows very poor application of ineffective techniques. As long as we stay within the limits you defined (revival beeing work in progress and no one claiming to actually know the "real ultimate and only" ancient greek boxing) thats more or less ok for me.
    I disagree on the "application" issue, but otherwise it sounds like we're on the same page there.

The problem at hand is not so much about the original video. Its about bludhall making ridiculous (and insulting to modern boxers) claims, which he refused to back up.

(SNIP)

Since when exactly is it ok on bullshido, to make such claims as the ones quoted above, and when someone asks you for details you basically tell him: "Go to my library of 150 books, read through each and every one of them and then you will come to the same conclusions as I did"?
    That's an exaggeration for effect; you asked for his sources and he directed you to his homepage, which lists those sources and numerous quotes from them, arranged by subject. You're not being asked to wade through 150 books, just click on a couple of links.

My interest in this subject is pretty casual, but I went to Bludhall's page, quickly found the relevant info. and learned something. I also entered "ancient Greek boxing" on GoogleBooks, and even a quick skim read of the (numerous) references there were enough to suggest that, IMO, the fighters in the OP video clip are fairly representing what is known of this style. I would have thought that, since you seem to be taking a strong skeptical interest, you would be moved to do the same.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2009 5:27pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bludhall View Post
    i'm sorry i thought jackass and assclown was colloquial
    Not exactly the language I'd expect from a "professional".:angry7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2009 9:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow if that language concerns you i would suggest you never leave your monastery or Mormon ranchhouse to see the real world. It will be shocking

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2009 10:38pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not quite dude, it's called conducting yourself, it's not the language, but I'd expect an expert to refute someone with more than "jackass".
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234