224733 Bullies, 3667 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

May's BAotM: Jigoro Kano

Few individuals in the history of the Martial Arts have done more for elevating the training standards than our recipient this month.

And while our tone may be snarky, we've got nothing but the utmost respect for the man and his legacy. Without said legacy, we'd all probably still be standing in lines, doing little more than "mandancing" and mistakenly thinking we were somehow getting better at fighting.

Also, the article is prefaced with a quote that's just good writin' and bears repeating:
    "Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherf**ker in the world.

If I moved to a martial-arts monastery in China and studied real hard for ten years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, and devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad."

Click here to see this month's Badass.
    Attached Images