Administrator

Posted On:
    1/18/2004 10:32pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fight of the Year

Hey guys I took Crimson to the WEC fights this last Friday. If you ever get a chance to see this one fight watch it. I'm calling it the fight of the year.

Here's a blurb from www.mmaweekly.com

It may have been one of the longest night of fights in MMA history...but let's just say you got your money's worth. The fight card started at 8pm and did not get over until 1am.

16 fights took roughly 5 hours, but there were a fair share of amazing incredible fights highlighted by what commentators Jeff Blatnick and Ryan Bennett termed "as the most amazing MMA stand up fight we have ever seen live." Which means a lot since those two have covered a ton of MMA fights.

There wasn't a title on the line between Olaf vs John Polakowski, but for 15 minutes, there was nothing but a stand up hell, as both fighters took a page out of Gatti-Ward, Hagler-Hearns, Rizzo-Couture I, what ever war you can recall in combat sports, this was a beauty times 100.

It was hard to figure out what was more amazing. Seeing these two gladiators stand up and throw down for 15 minutes straight, or realize that John Polakowski took this fight THE MORNING OF...at roughly noon, when no one would take the fight, to fight the crazy fighter from Mexico, Olaf.

The fighter from SLO Kickboxing made his MMA debut and really took the fight to the famed fighter from Mexico as from the opening bell, it seemed that both fighters may have broke one another's noses with wicked left, right combinations. The more amazing thing was not only the wicked exchanges, but somehow maintaing the pace for 15 straight minutes as the fight fans after each round, stood on their feet with their mouthes wide open from amazement. The two television commentators Bennett and Blatnick, stood up after each round clapping WHILE the broadcast was going on, it was that good.

After three rounds of slugging it out, knockdowns, blood everywhere, possibly a couple of broken noses, the fans were exhausted watching a good old fashion brawl as somehow both men stood toe to toe in the fight of the year in 2004.

Posted On:
    1/18/2004 10:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so who won- or was it a draw

Posted On:
    1/18/2004 10:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** I love Olaf......

Did Mike do anything other than drool at the mostly naked men Omega?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/18/2004 11:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any chance I will ever see this on video?

Edit: Oh, and my vote for fight of 2003 is Nogueira/Filipovic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    1/18/2004 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO WAY DUDE! Olaf and Polakowski ROCKED...totally awesome.
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Posted On:
    1/18/2004 11:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kinda hard to judge fights you have never seen.....

And you guys probably have your years wrong.

Edit: I was correct.
    Shumagorath is stupid!

Welcome to 2004 bitch!

http://www.wec.tv/event09.asp
    Last edited by PizDoff; 1/18/2004 11:45pm at .
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2004 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How was the Leben/Swick fight?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/19/2004 2:36am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leben vs Swick was actully quite surprising. Swick was much hyped for this fight and Leben was the underdog. Leben just brought it to Swick for the win.

As for the winner of the Olaf fight it was the crowd, although Olaf got the Split decision. Crimson and I saw it different ways ourselves. This is going to come out on HDtv.net if anybody gets it. I'm telling you right now, fight of 2004.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/19/2004 3:04am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds pretty slick.
    Did he put out after your date?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2004 3:13am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leben is always the underdog for some reason, probably because he's always understated and low-key. I didn't even realize the guy was a pro until he choked me out with my own arm.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast