224871 Bullies, 3145 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 30
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. E-Van is offline
    E-Van's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,518

    Posted On:
    5/13/2009 11:17am


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    No one mentioned it yet but start using Head and Shoulders as a body wash after you train. That stuff kills ring worm dead. Also, it has made my feet smell better because it is a general fungicide! lol
    Actualy I have been washing with Selsun Blue since I was 12 because of ringworm I got from wrestling. Some how this little bastard on my wrist got past my defenses but I caught him quick enough.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].
  2. IMightBeWrong is online now
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,074

    Posted On:
    5/13/2009 4:20pm


     Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van View Post
    I wasnt asking for what fucking supplements I should be taking. And if I was, I wouldnt ask a fat little **** like you for advice.
    Good! GOOOD! Show me your ANGER! Push all those other ***** feelings aside!
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝
  3. E-Van is offline
    E-Van's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,518

    Posted On:
    5/13/2009 4:26pm


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    Good! GOOOD! Show me your ANGER! Push all those other ***** feelings aside!
    id love to shove my light saber in your darkside.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].
  4. IMightBeWrong is online now
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,074

    Posted On:
    5/13/2009 4:36pm


     Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van View Post
    id love to shove my light saber in your darkside.
    That's one of those ***** feelings you should push aside. Its not the kind of feeling you share with another man. Maybe a psychologist...
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝
  5. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    5/13/2009 6:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van View Post
    He says every single white belt not named BJ Penn goes through a period like I am and that he isnt worried because he knows how dedicated I am.
    It doesn't ever get any better.
    Sure 5.5 years from now you'll be able to destroy white belts and blue belts with no effort but you'll still go through periods where some of the other purples and browns make you feel as if you're stagnating and not doing well.
  6. E-Van is offline
    E-Van's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,518

    Posted On:
    5/14/2009 9:29am


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    It doesn't ever get any better.
    Sure 5.5 years from now you'll be able to destroy white belts and blue belts with no effort but you'll still go through periods where some of the other purples and browns make you feel as if you're stagnating and not doing well.
    That makes me feel so much better. I think with the down time I have had in training this past week I think I just kind of freaked out and that dosnt help me reach my goals.

    Well we start No-Gi this week. Time to get tooled up sans gi chokes lol.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].
  7. cyrijl is offline
    cyrijl's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,796

    Posted On:
    5/14/2009 9:50am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got back from going to to 10th planet in hollywood (on a jits vacation) and my frist day back I was miserable. Everything felt stale and I felt very much stuck in old patterns. The problem is that when you roll with the same people you learn their game and they learn yours. Even when i crush people it is not fun. Even if you try new things, you can't pretend to now know what the other guy is going to do.

    I would suggest taking some of the time you usually spend rolling and find someone to work drills with. Find some technique you find interesting and then find someone to work on it with. For me picking up Brandon Quick's Fade To Black DVD on chokes helped me get a bit out of my rut. It gave me some new ideas.

    Maybe you just need some technique motivation.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
  8. E-Van is offline
    E-Van's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,518

    Posted On:
    5/14/2009 10:49am


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl View Post
    I just got back from going to to 10th planet in hollywood (on a jits vacation) and my frist day back I was miserable. Everything felt stale and I felt very much stuck in old patterns. The problem is that when you roll with the same people you learn their game and they learn yours. Even when i crush people it is not fun. Even if you try new things, you can't pretend to now know what the other guy is going to do.

    I would suggest taking some of the time you usually spend rolling and find someone to work drills with. Find some technique you find interesting and then find someone to work on it with. For me picking up Brandon Quick's Fade To Black DVD on chokes helped me get a bit out of my rut. It gave me some new ideas.

    Maybe you just need some technique motivation.
    Yah I think thats exactly what I need. Hopefuly with some help from fellow bully Yojimbo I can get out of this rut and kind of work on some new things or just go over some basic drills at my own pace.

    It sucks not having any friends that do jits that I can train with in my spare time. All my friends do Karate or RBSD or Kenpo OH MY! I can realy see the advantage people have that train together and also hang out.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].
  9. cyrijl is offline
    cyrijl's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,796

    Posted On:
    5/14/2009 10:52am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. Alot of guys from my gym train on the side but they all live so far away from me. My wife always tells me that I already havea hobby, but it is hard when you can't do that hobby by yourself.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
  10. E-Van is offline
    E-Van's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,518

    Posted On:
    5/14/2009 11:09am


     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl View Post
    Yeah. Alot of guys from my gym train on the side but they all live so far away from me. My wife always tells me that I already havea hobby, but it is hard when you can't do that hobby by yourself.
    Shadow boxing is awsome..

    Shadow rolling is not cool.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.