Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 9:48am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How about Pittsburgh?

My club has a large mat space, and a 24' boxing ring. Available times would be in the afternoons on Saturdays, or all day Sundays.

Any interest?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 10:14am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I'm in town I'll be there.
    If it materializes I can get a couple others to show up as well.

Jeremy

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 12:19pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm willing to drive down to play.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 2:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll keep checking the thread, and if we get a respectable number, I'll try and set a date that works for everyone.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 7:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I'm in Pittsburgh as well! I'm actually looking for new places to learn/train martial arts and I'm willing to meet up at your dojo. I only have two years of experience in a self defense system but I'm willing to try new things. Which club is it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2009 12:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muitalos View Post
    Hey I'm in Pittsburgh as well! I'm actually looking for new places to learn/train martial arts and I'm willing to meet up at your dojo. I only have two years of experience in a self defense system but I'm willing to try new things. Which club is it?
    Click on the home shaped icon on my posts. It's a link to my review of where I train. Stop by anytime, my RL name is Jeff.

Hmmm, looking at your style, are you the guy who came in last week, in the red/black Atama rash guard? Based on your posts, I kind of think you might be.

I've trained at Lathen Martial Arts, a place you've asked about in another thread. PM me and I'll give you the lowdown.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2009 3:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That wasn't me. Outside of the training I've done with KE, I've never stepped into a dojo or academy before. If I come out this weekend or when you do it, my first time would mostly be to watch you guys spar and compare notes (mental or otherwise) about martial arts. Then by the second or third time I might attempt to. I have practically ZERO experience in alive sparring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2009 3:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're more than welcome to watch any of our practices. If you decide to participate (and I think you should) you won't be sparring anyone live for a while.

In Muay Thai, you work with the trainers for the first week or so just getting down the basics before you're allowed to get into the mix with the rest of the class. Judo, you do the same for at least a week, learning breakfalls, etc. BJJ you'll spend time with either the instructor or with one of the senior students for the first few classes, also learning the basics.

Don't worry about experience in live sparring either. Whether it's judo, MT or BJJ, we were all new once. No one is going to beat the **** out of you, or break your arm or anything. More experienced people will spar at your level. We all like training, and new students are good for everyone. Don't spend too much time analyzing and watching, jump in and try stuff, meet people, and make friends.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2009 11:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, that sounds goods. So have you decided a specific time or date for everyone to meet up?