Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    388
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah do it revtruhrt. That would be awesome. I love reading the Bullshido articles ^_^.
    Last edited by newbie999; 5/12/2009 1:00pm at .

  2. #12
    AKRhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    555
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who the **** wants to be on the bottom in a street fight? I mean, if I get tackled, I'm hitting a sweep as hard and fast as I can, then I'm going to punch/elbow someone a few times. If I'm somehow mounted from the takedown, my ass is Upa'ing as hard as I can. I tell people that BJJ is not about submissions. It's about position and control. If I'm on top of someone who doesn't understand what to do, it's going to be a bad day for them! And I'm not going to go for any submission other than a couple chokes (not triangle), like RNC, or an arm triangle in a street fight. If you go for a sub in a street fight you better be ready to break something. /rant

  3. #13
    AKRhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    555
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, didn't waste time reading the article, just reacting to the obviously mis-guided view that Jits is all about pulling guard. I mean, we all know if we pull guard in a street fight we're going to be rolling through broken glass, aids needles, and lava... amirite?

  4. #14
    Whacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,293
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    BTW, didn't waste time reading the article, just reacting to the obviously mis-guided view that Jits is all about pulling guard. I mean, we all know if we pull guard in a street fight we're going to be rolling through broken glass, aids needles, and lava... amirite?
    Methinks it's dirty needles in general, with a veritable cornucopia of horrible diseases, not just AIDS. Could be wrong though, don't know of any ninjers firsthand to ask. Spot on with the lava and glass though, probably a few acid puddles and some feces-smeared spike pits too.


    Bonus question to the mods: Why is "ninjer" not in the spellcheck database?

  5. #15
    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee supporting member
    CoffeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    2,179
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I never said it was a good idea to jump guard in a street fight, I just happen to know someone who did it. Revtruhrt you should totally check out a class

  6. #16
    Uncle Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out West, USA
    Posts
    2,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Hey I never said it was a good idea to jump guard in a street fight, I just happen to know someone who did it.
    Ack!

    Going back I can see how my reply made it seem like I thought that.

    I didn't think that at all. I was just using that as a launching point against the article.

    Blech. Stupid grammar and sentence structure. I'm just going to start typing like this:

    apihos iposhpoh gposdhgodfgihdighdiugh iuhi hhsfuosh

  7. #17
    Merry Christmas! shitter's full... supporting member
    omoplatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,311
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't know what this guy is talking about with guard pulling being a bad idea.

    last time i was in a bar fight, all my friends and i flopped onto our backs with our legs spread wide open and feet in the air while we were yelling at our attackers to lay on top of us, and they called us fags and left us alone.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

  8. #18
    Uncle Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out West, USA
    Posts
    2,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    i don't know what this guy is talking about with guard pulling being a bad idea.

    last time i was in a bar fight, all my friends and i flopped onto our backs with our legs spread wide open and feet in the air while we were yelling at our attackers to lay on top of us, and they called us fags and left us alone.
    Must've been the BEARD OF FURY!!!!

    Must've.

    (You guys weren't thinking though. What about all the needles, broken glass, rocks, kittens, discarded razor blades, spikes, and bloated seal carcasses on the floor of the bar??? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!)

  9. #19
    Whacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,293
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    last time i was in a bar fight, all my friends and i flopped onto our backs with our legs spread wide open and feet in the air while we were yelling at our attackers to lay on top of us, and they called us fags and left us alone.
    Gay porn novelist located! Trap sprung!

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    (What about all the needles, broken glass, rocks, kittens, discarded razor blades, spikes, and bloated seal carcasses on the floor of the bar??? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!)
    "Feels good man."

  10. #20
    Uncle Skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out West, USA
    Posts
    2,334
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by white_kimbo View Post
    last time i was in a bar fight, all my friends and i flopped onto our backs with our legs spread wide open and feet in the air while we were yelling at our attackers to lay on top of us, and they called us fags and left us alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy
    What about all the needles, broken glass, rocks, kittens, discarded razor blades, spikes, and bloated seal carcasses on the floor of the bar???


    NO WK!!!!
    DON'T GO TO THE GROUND!!!!


Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO