Page 2 of 2 First 12

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn i wish some people tried to crash our gym like that...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha ha! The OP was owned by the Cobra Kai! Time to paint fences and wax old cars. Wax on, wax off.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA View Post
    Isn't St. Kits a rather small place, where you know each other? I am sure organized challenges would be the equivelent of a regional tournament. Who is the Island Champ?

St.kitts is like 69 square miles. there is no island champ.. although some people have won international medals in their own discipline. I along with a few people are trying 2 resurrect the combat sports on the islands. There is a small MMA movement going on in other islands like Caymans and trinidad. But Traditional arts still dominate most.

Anyways.. sorry for the newbie thread and thanks 2 the people who replied.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have no problems with this personally. If anyone ever wanted to come over and spar, roll, whatever...Sounds like a good time to me. I mean seriously, but we have a club and are not trying to run a business.

Otherwise, sounds like fun.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It'd be a lot cooler if for publicity stunts heads of schools in whatever town would enter the ring and call out anyone to challenge their status of best fighter around.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I visit other "inferior" clubs from time to time. To leech on their free training, have fun and meet new people;) You should try it. It is fun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don Buck supposedly did this with Mas Oyama up and down California. Went from dojo to dojo taking on everyone. The story goes that Don Buck went in the front and Ed Parker went out the back. I have yet to read anywhere whether this is true, but it sounds hilarious.
    http://www.usadojo.com/biographies/don-buck.htm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdfatboy View Post
    St.kitts is like 69 square miles. there is no island champ.. although some people have won international medals in their own discipline. I along with a few people are trying 2 resurrect the combat sports on the islands. There is a small MMA movement going on in other islands like Caymans and trinidad. But Traditional arts still dominate most.

Anyways.. sorry for the newbie thread and thanks 2 the people who replied.
    Good luck with that. People are pretty set in their rule sets, but there are lots of cross overs training oportunities possible. I did get my TKD and JJJ clubs to cross train a bit, years ago. No way to compete, but at least cross train. Now they combine for a MA banquet once a year.

Page 2 of 2 First 12