222413 Bullies, 4832 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 104
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast
  1. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 10:41am

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    from what I have seen of you, you both have a very hard time, admitting when you are wrong, a
    Sophist didn't seem to have any trouble. I admit I'm wrong so many times in this forum I set up a "homericon" macro for it:

    D'OH!


    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    Personally, I was at the point of almost wishing that I could t/o Mr. Tom Kagan off to the point, that he might actually boot me off this little blog! :XXpuke:
    Just so you know, it would be next to impossible to tick me off to the point where I booted you because, if I booted you, I wouldn't be able to make more fun of you riding Bruce Lee's nuts.

    Anyway, I'll give you a full point credit for writing a full paragraph about your Judo experiences, but I have to deduct 1/2 point for including yet another 2 paragraphs which mention Bruce Lee.

    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    And clearly, somewhere on the top of this page, it states something about the purpose of bullshido, and we (me and Tom) have both clearly deviated a long ways away from that purpose. That of exposing fraudulent MA.
    I don't think so. Bruce Lee Sucks. The site dedicated a whole month to that:
    Yeah, we went there! May is Bruce Lee Sucks Month - No BS Martial Arts
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  2. blugularis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salty City, Utah
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 1:58pm


     Style: JuShinDo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    my personal scorecard

    Okay, let's see, if I am a full point, minus a half point, ahead, then makes me a half a point ahead (in the black/positive), however, if two paragraphs, even mentioning the name of Bruce Lee (that makes one, I think) is a half a point in the red, and if I google (whatever you call/ed it), these other five, then that would make six paragraphs referring to Bruce Lee, so a total of one and a half points in the red/black/negative, a full -1.5, subtracted from my half a point in the positive, would make me a Minus one on my scorecard of the GREAT STAFFER Tom! :jerk: And since the topic is Judo, then I will go on and cite what I found from Gene Labell in reference to (oh, no, don't say it again) BRUCE LEE (after all, I think Gene missed his true calling, he should have been a stand-up comic)!:happy:

    "I met Bruce Lee on the set of the Green Hornet when the stunt coordinator Benny Dobbins called me and told me he needed me to take some falls. He also mentioned there was a guy there named Bruce Lee who was unbelievably athletic and stealing all the scenes from the star because he was doing ALL the fighting. Benny said he couldn't believe this guy, he was kicking like a jumping bean! You have to understand; they had never seen anything like Bruce Lee�s fighting style in showbiz yet.

    "When I got to the set Benny pointed Bruce out and told me to go put him in a headlock or something� Well, I�m a good employee and I always listen to the boss, so I went over to grab Bruce and he starts making all those crazy noises he became famous for. As a joke, I picked him up and put him on my shoulder in a fireman's carry kind of thing, then I ran down the length of the set and back again. Bruce says "put me down or I'll kill you". So I run down the set again and he says, "put me down" and I say "I can't put you down or you'll kill me". After that I sat down and talked to my boss and the other crew members for a couple minutes with him up on my shoulder. He finally crawled off, we all had a good laugh, and we went and shot our scenes.

    "Bruce called me for a few shows because he liked the way I took falls for him - being a judo man made me pretty good at breakfalls. We ended up becoming friends and would work out together and teach each other techniques. I liked working out with Bruce, but I kept getting sick from that stinky incense he burned in his gym. I told him I wouldn't go there because his dojo smelled worse than a Chinese laundry house. Of course, I was only kidding with him, and once Bruce learned that my teasing was all in good fun he started to joke around too. Bruce came to my dojo after that. He was a great guy, and I loved him.

    "Bruce loved to learn grappling, he ate it up! He said that people would never go for it in movies or TV because the fights are over too fast and most of the good stuff was hidden from view. He said they wanted to see fancy kicking, acrobatics, and weapons -- he was a savvy showman who knew how to give 'em exactly what they wanted. I wish he could be around now to see how well grappling is doing these days. I remember one time he kicked me really hard. I remember thinking it was a good thing he only wore a size 6 shoe instead of a 14 like me, otherwise that kick would have sent me to China! He was strong for his size, lemme tell ya.

    "He used to take me to these authentic Chinese restaurants that had really weird looking food that I just couldn�t bring myself to eat it. I don't eat anything that doesn't have horns. He used to tease me about it - which was progress because he used to get offended at my ribbing when we first started hanging out (especially that Chinese laundry bit). He had two students that I remain good friends with to this day, probably because they don't make me eat that weird food. Danny Inosanto, who is every bit as good as Bruce was if not better, and Richard Bustillo. Richard has carried on Bruce's philosophy of cross training and peak physical condition in order to become the best fighter you can.

    "I miss both Bruce and Brandon and wish they were still around today."

    Gene LeBell (Jan 2000)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Sophist didn't seem to have any trouble. I admit I'm wrong so many times in this forum I set up a "homericon" macro for it:

    D'OH!




    Just so you know, it would be next to impossible to tick me off to the point where I booted you because, if I booted you, I wouldn't be able to make more fun of you riding Bruce Lee's nuts.

    Anyway, I'll give you a full point credit for writing a full paragraph about your Judo experiences, but I have to deduct 1/2 point for including yet another 2 paragraphs which mention Bruce Lee.



    I don't think so. Bruce Lee Sucks. The site dedicated a whole month to that:
    Yeah, we went there! May is Bruce Lee Sucks Month - No BS Martial Arts
  3. blugularis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salty City, Utah
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 2:06pm


     Style: JuShinDo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    one more thing

    I forgot to mention, you know what I call the art form of BL? Sheet (pronounce ****) Koon DOH!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Sophist didn't seem to have any trouble. I admit I'm wrong so many times in this forum I set up a "homericon" macro for it:

    D'OH!




    Just so you know, it would be next to impossible to tick me off to the point where I booted you because, if I booted you, I wouldn't be able to make more fun of you riding Bruce Lee's nuts.

    Anyway, I'll give you a full point credit for writing a full paragraph about your Judo experiences, but I have to deduct 1/2 point for including yet another 2 paragraphs which mention Bruce Lee.



    I don't think so. Bruce Lee Sucks. The site dedicated a whole month to that:
    Yeah, we went there! May is Bruce Lee Sucks Month - No BS Martial Arts
  4. Tonuzaba is offline
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,574

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 3:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, and I heard there was this guy called Jigoro Kano, you know...

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
  5. blugularis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salty City, Utah
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 3:55pm


     Style: JuShinDo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    ROFLMAO!

    a man of few, and concise, words!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    Oh yeah, and I heard there was this guy called Jigoro Kano, you know...
  6. blugularis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salty City, Utah
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 3:56pm


     Style: JuShinDo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Jigaro Kano

    He was also, basically, the founder of BJJ, one of his students went to Brazil, and founded it.

    In Kano's book, Judo and JuJitsu, where the same thing, basically.

    Kany Ju Jitsu = BJJ:coffee2:

    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    a man of few, and concise, words!
  7. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 4:00pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    And since the topic is Judo
    No, the topic is Jigoro Kano. So you lose 800 points for even mentioning Bruce Lee, since that's like bringing up "a guy you kinda know who's sorta from India" when the topic is "Gandhi".

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    He was also, basically, the founder of BJJ, one of his students went to Brazil, and founded it.
    Basically he isn't the founder of BJJ.

    Also, technically, it was a student of his student of his student who founded it, so shut the **** up now.
  8. blugularis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salty City, Utah
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    7/17/2009 8:30pm


     Style: JuShinDo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "As Judo grew, it became taught around the world. President Roosevelt became interested and requested Judo to be taught at the White House. According to (), Jigaro Kano sent two emissaries, Jojiro Tomita and Mitsuyo Maeda, to the United States. Tomiki (1961) says that it was Yshiaki Yamashita, and then later Maeda. According to one version ()Tomita had a shoulder injury, so Maeda (a tough player) was sent along, to demonstrate while Tomita explained. However, a football player challenged them, at West Point. Tomita took up the challenge and was defeated and crushed under the football players bulk. Tomita went back to Japan. However, Maeda stayed, and got the backing of some Japanese businessmen who came up with a thousand dollars in prize money. Maeda then traveled around taking on all challengers. He fought a thousand challenge matches, not loosing a single match. He finally settled in Brazil. Here he called himself, Conte Comte (Count Combat). His Judo was adopted by the Brazilians and is now called Gracie Jiu-Jitsu."


    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    No, the topic is Jigoro Kano. So you lose 800 points for even mentioning Bruce Lee, since that's like bringing up "a guy you kinda know who's sorta from India" when the topic is "Gandhi".

    Edit:
    Basically he isn't the founder of BJJ.

    Also, technically, it was a student of his student of his student who founded it, so shut the **** up now.
  9. TheLordHumungus is offline
    TheLordHumungus's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lemoyne (Harrisburg Area), Pennsylvania
    Posts
    417

    Posted On:
    7/18/2009 12:31am


     Style: Wrestling, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Lu Tze is saying is Maeda didn't found BJJ. Helio did.
  10. blugularis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salty City, Utah
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    7/18/2009 2:18pm


     Style: JuShinDo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Maeda or Helio?

    Judo, Ji-Jutsu, same/same, same throws, same locks, same chokes
    Kano developed it, Maeda carried it, Helio honed it, but still same/same
    :deadhorse
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.