supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Defeat by singing noodles?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Huzzah. Avatar changed appropriately.

Someone else made the point a few weeks ago that Kano wasn't just a badass, and wasn't just a major martial arts innovator ("Guys, I got an idea. What if we, um, stopped doing shitty drills all night?"); he was a pivotal figure in Japan's educational system. He worked with the school systems, he worked with the police, he worked with the government. He knew how to get things done.
    Kano was also a diplomat and a member of the International Olympic Committee which is why Judo became an Olympic Sport.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 8:33pm

Style: JuShinDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

bruce lee and judo

acutally B Lee was quoted as saying that judo was teh one sport that he tipped his hat to the most, that the players were genuine in their willingness and ability to mix it up, in a most real way. he even used a judo choke hold to 'beat" kareem abdul jabar in the game of death:eusa_shhh

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 12:48am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
    he even used a judo choke hold to 'beat" kareem abdul jabar in the game of death:eusa_shhh
    Gee, and all this time I thought he beat Kareem by writing it into the script.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 9:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

good ole script

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Gee, and all this time I thought he beat Kareem by writing it into the script.
    :5oops:oh yes, but he wrote judo into the script!

he couldn't beat him, much of any other way...:laughing4

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 7:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :5oops:oh yes, but he wrote judo into the script!

he couldn't beat him, much of any other way...:laughing4
    So, if I understand you correctly, all that punching and kicking and that ridiculous schoolyard headlock was Bruce Lee's idea of Judo?

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    ATTN TOM KAGAN

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 8:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

arm triangle choke

So, if I understand you correctly, all that punching and kicking and that ridiculous schoolyard headlock was Bruce Lee's idea of Judo?
    it is also can be seen on you tube
    "that ridiculous schoolyard headlock," is a very effective triangle choke, although it usually takes longer to choke someone out with it. I used to use it, on a regular basis, learned it back in the early 70s, similar to the method I am going to put here, but I would use it from the "scarf hold," position, what you do is sit back/up and when he throws the punch at you, from the ground, with his right (say you are sitting on his right side, and he is on your right hip, you are sitting on the ground, he is laying on the ground). Anyway, you sucker him into throwing the right at you, you slip it, push on his right elbow wiht your left hand, tucking your head down along his arm/shoulder, wrap your right arm, around his neck, and then joint your hand together tight, and "squeeze", w/o a doubt, I haven not seen many could get out of this one, and the one time I did, was cause I had long hair, he got ahold of my hair in his hand, and managed to get my head back, was not a pretty picture, this fight was in the shower room of a swimming pool on the northwest side of town by the tracks, tile sucks to fight on, btw! don't even take long hair to a ground fight! here is the same choke, from the ground, bjj style:
    found on the web, should be cited, but it is, in the body::virus:
    How to Do an Arm Triangle Choke From the Guard Position in Basic Jiu Jitsu

Jiu jitsu's arm triangle choke is a deadly submission attack that, once locked in, is virtually impossible to escape from. Whether you're dealing with a careless enemy who gives you his arm or a practiced jiu jitsu veteran who needs to be tricked, the arm triangle choke disables any enemy when performed correctly.

From Quick Guide: Learn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Jiu jitsu's arm triangle choke is a deadly submission attack that, once locked in, is virtually impossible… More How to Do an Arm Triangle Choke From the Guard Position in Basic Jiu Jitsu

1 of 8
    More: See All Articles in this Quick Guide

Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
    Instructions

1. Step 1
      Throw your opponent's upper body towards the ground as he leans down on you to apply a choke by raising your hips up and towards your head. As you do so, push his offending elbow so that it slides off your body and plants on the floor and thereby exposes his arm for the choke.
    2. Step 2
      Reach around your opponent's head with your arm that's opposite to your opponent's exposed arm and grab the bicep of your other arm. Place your head tight against your opponent's exposed arm so she can't remove it.
    3. Step 3
      Place your free hand on top of your opponent's head to close the arm triangle choke. Rotate on your hips so they return to center and the roll slightly in the direction of your opponent. To apply the arm triangle choke, push down on your opponent's head and squeeze with your arms until he submits.
    Last edited by blugularis; 6/27/2009 8:31pm at . Reason: addition

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

well, I'll be, the son of, a monkey's, uncle!

dude, my memory must be failing me, :eusa_thinbut hey, give me a break, I saw that fight when it came out (the movie), like 30 years ago,:clock: lol! and I remembered him choking him out in the end with the arm triangle choke, but it's not, it's in the middle, and the end is indeed, "and that ridiculous schoolyard headlock!?" WTF/ROFLMAO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you're onto something there. I would go a step further and say that on the whole the quality of the Game of Death ending left something to be desired; maybe that's a matter of it being an unfinished work. Are there movies with Judo that come recommended?

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 9:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude, my memory must be failing me, :eusa_thinbut hey, give me a break, I saw that fight when it came out (the movie), like 30 years ago,:clock: lol! and I remembered him choking him out in the end with the arm triangle choke, but it's not, it's in the middle, and the end is indeed, "and that ridiculous schoolyard headlock!?" WTF/ROFLMAO!
    So the fact that you got it wrong embarrassed you, but that whole post where you cut-and-paste google-fu a lecture to staffer on a MA forum about sankaku jime doesn't even feel a little ironic to you?

ATTN TOM KAGAN
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast