Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 10:31am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Buffalo Training Center

Buffalo Training Center has a Professional and Amateur MMA team, and a strong Brazilian Jiu Jitsu team. Buffalo Training Center is the only TEAM ASCENSION BJJ representative in the USA. Team Ascension is one of the strongest BJJ teams in Canada under the tutelage of Professor Omar Salvosa. Ascension Competitors have competed all over the USA, Canada, Brazil, and in Japan.

BTC has 7500 sq. feet with 3106 sq. feet of high quality zebra MMA mats. There are 5 banana thai bags, 2 curved mma bags, and two teardrop bags. We have TRX, plyo boxes, tires, weights, and a separate warmup area.

Instructors:

BJJ- Craig Ostrum: 'O-Jitsu' is a wrestling coach and arguably the strongest grappler in the Western New York region. Craig is blue belt in BJJ, and recently won his MMA debut in 46 seconds via Rear Naked Choke.

Striking- Nick Dodge: Nick Dodge has a Muay Thai background, and also studies both Gi and No Gi BJJ. He has had Thai boxing fights and is competing amateur mma.
    Jason Trzewieczynski (see below)

MMA- Jason Trzewieczynski: 'Ba Bu' made his pro MMA debut April 11th 2009 and won via RNC in 1R. He has a striking background from Sanda, and is a Blue Belt in BJJ under Professor Omar Salvosa.

Conditioning-
    Ariel Trzewieczynski: a former Elite level gymnast currently in her professional phase of Daemen College's Physical Therapy Program.

Last edited by Ba Bu; 9/06/2010 8:39pm at . Reason: Updates to the training center

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 10:58am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tractor tires, nice.

You must have left the checkbox blank for the ratings. If you edit your post (or post a reply with the Go Advanced option) you'll be able to apply them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 11:11am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "WE WILL BUY OUT YOUR CURRENT MARTIAL ARTS MEMBERSHIP !!!"
    Nice idea - good marketing.

It's a shame I'm too old and cranky to try something new. Looks like a good school.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 12:03pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Job. Nice to see you guys grow.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah we're growing faster than any of us expected! It's coming to the point already that we have to have 2 instructors in each class because of the number of students, after only 5 months of operation!

I remember some of my old colleagues laughing at me when I told them I was going to have 60 students by the end of the first year. I mean, I'm only 22, and don't have any business experience.. but I think that's why people are drawn to BTC; they see that we are a no BS, REAL gym. Our motto: "Just say no to McDojos"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2009 10:17pm

Style: Judo, BJJ, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's awesome Ba Bu. I liked training with Matt a lot on the few Fridays I got in at Kin-Tora, and if I end up in the Buffalo area again I'll definitely come check you guys out, too. Good to hear you're doing well and best of luck keeping it growing.

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 3:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a quick FYI. Matt Godden and Mat Rosborough are no longer at BTC. We are both teaching/training at Kin-Tora in Buffalo, NY on Mondays and Wedensdays 630-800.