Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Moron

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 1:26pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iga Ninjer View Post
    cousto, I've left you my email on your profile, go check it out. :)

Unfortunately, no. My Sifu has a somewhat bad relationship with them due to some drama that stirred up from the past, when he first came to England. I'm not too sure of the details, but I think they weren't too happy with a non-british competitor to win 2-3 times in a row and they somewhat "forced" him to retire. I think he also mentioned the endless amounts of membership fees that gave him no benefit whatsoever, which got him to leave the organization.
    He does want us to join it in the future, though, if we get the chance to. He says we could always use some more practice anyways, and I agree, since we've mostly fought indoors so far. :/

So if not the BCCMA (who I also have bad experiances with) then where did your club do its san shou? Theres not much san shou in the UK so I am interested.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 3:30pm

Style: Choy Lee Fut, Sanda.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault View Post
    So if not the BCCMA (who I also have bad experiances with) then where did your club do its san shou? Theres not much san shou in the UK so I am interested.
    If you mean the one I started the thread for, that was in Spain. International Wushu Championship 2009, it was held in the town of Ourense. Unfortunately, we (and by we I mean, the current class that we have made up of mainly new students), haven't been competing in the UK yet. We normally only have friendly matches, usually with friends from other Martial Arts clubs coming down to us for some sparring.

And yeah, I am kind of amazed that there don't seem to be many associations besides BCCMA that we can aim to compete in. Especially at this time I'd personally love to get as much practice as possible against opponents that aren't from our own school. :/

Moron

Posted On:
    9/08/2009 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

And yeah, I am kind of amazed that there don't seem to be many associations besides BCCMA that we can aim to compete in. Especially at this time I'd personally love to get as much practice as possible against opponents that aren't from our own school. :/
    If i had seen this thread before I would have helped out.

If your club is still up for San Shou have a look at http://www.pro.kuoshu.co.uk/amateur_rules.html

Its fundamentally san shou rules. New league starts in November. I think i'm going to have a go.

Take a look at the 'pro' rules. Trying to bridge the gap to MMA and they are talking about quite a lot of prize money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 12:44pm

Style: Choy Lee Fut, Sanda.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault View Post
    If i had seen this thread before I would have helped out.

If your club is still up for San Shou have a look at http://www.pro.kuoshu.co.uk/amateur_rules.html

Its fundamentally san shou rules. New league starts in November. I think i'm going to have a go.

Take a look at the 'pro' rules. Trying to bridge the gap to MMA and they are talking about quite a lot of prize money.
    Oh wow, that looks pretty awesome. Thanks a lot mate!

I haven't had a chance to browse through their whole website yet and I'll do it later, but I'll show this page to my friends and see if they're up for it. I'm gonna drop them an email to find out when exactly the next event is... if you're going there we'll definitely be seeing each other then. Thanks again! :D

By the way, liokault, do you fight in the amateur category, or are you professional already?

Moron

Posted On:
    9/10/2009 5:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

By the way, liokault, do you fight in the amateur category, or are you professional already?
    The first event under these rules is the weekend of Nov 7-8 so I'm not fighting at all yet.

I origionally wanted a go at the pro rule set (lol they are also talking about a huge purse for pro.......so large that I dont see it as sustainable) but you need to have either been a national "champion" at a recognised combat sport in the last 12 months or to win 9 fights in the Am class.

Also, as its an unknown quantity I would like to watch the pro rules before I fight them.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123