Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 12:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a couple of references on the net to him being president.
    http://helpamericatoday.com/c.aspx
    http://librickworks.net/aboutus.aspx

"I decided to try a little experiment to test the Bullshido "team" of experts". too many good schools and teachers are being ridiculed and insulted."
    A real researcher would have seen how things played out instead of blowing his wad in less than a month.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 12:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Also I have been jumped before and quickly learn to protect your back" Do not talk about spelling/grammar, look at that sentence. A mix of past and present tense and first person and plural I and you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 12:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no teefa,ha. no intelligence is better. words like retarded or phrases like " ...I would light him up so fast and choke him out"? I think you are watching too much MMA smack talk pre fight commercials. Yet another example of my point that this site is badmouthing something without seeing or experiencing it. A poorly filmed 2 minute student video is used to judge something? What a farce. I started this thread to prove a point and it did as I suspected. No real intelligent, creative,instructive,investigative work. Only negative criticism. A sad reflection of what could be a good thing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a farce.
    This sums up your entire post history. You perpetrated a fraud and when no one bit you became upset.

Quote Originally Posted by sten
    A poorly filmed 2 minute student video is used to judge something?

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe
    utter crap
    Well, at least you agree with someone.

I started this thread to prove a point and it did as I suspected. No real intelligent, creative,instructive,investigative work. Only negative criticism. A sad reflection of what could be a good thing.
    You haven't proven anything except, you have poor research skill and like to jump too conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    "Also I have been jumped before and quickly learn to protect your back" Do not talk about spelling/grammar, look at that sentence. A mix of past and present tense and first person and plural I and you.
    Right back at you. Commas are your friends, please use them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give you that one. I should not have made that post so early in the morning using my I-Phone especially since it takes a while for my mind to wake fully up. However, you are a fucking idiot. My grammar and spelling will improve as the day progresses but you will always remain a fucking idiot and remain that way.

You have no point. Apparently your goal in all this is just to try and circle jerk around a community of people that are concerned about quality and honesty in an industry that is known for "farces". If you wanted honest discussion of styles then you need to be honest. I feel sorry for the people you have conned into paying twenty dollars a session with you.

Here's honesty since you do not know it:

My name is Chad Jackson, I started studying Hapkido in September of last year after swimming for fitness and playing full contact football from age of 5 until I was 17. While I understand that Hapkido has very little to none ground game I chose this art to work on my stand up game first. I am currently an orange belt under J.B. Murphy here in Dallas, TX. The sparring in my dojang would rate in the bullshido scale a high to mid five. This is because while we do not go light contact all the time, we do sometimes because there tends to be points in a lot of the tournaments in my area.
    The art was started after WWII not 5,000 years ago and the split between Haminjok and Kuk Sul Woon happened becaused two brothers got pissed off with each other about money. My dojang and teacher decided to become part of Haminjok and no one has a problem with KSW or KSW people because it is the same.

If you were to be this honest you wouldn't a fucking lying dickhead, but you are.
    Last edited by catfishaggie; 5/29/2009 1:49pm at . Reason: thought i deleted a the out

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=It is Fake;2135098]There are a couple of references on the net to him being president.
    http://helpamericatoday.com/c.aspx
    http://librickworks.net/aboutus.aspx

[quote]

Notice that both of those are his resumes for his other positions. The evidence points towards the position of "president of SCAA" having very little to do with real fact-checking and being mostly resume-padding for Mr DeRenzo.

Mr DeRenzo, if you have stories of fact-checking people in the SCAA, I'd love for you to PM me with them. I always enjoy people being called on their BS, whatever the field.

Unfortunately, so far in this thread, your inflated credentials with Howard Popkin and general misrepresentation has been the only BS.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:52pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm reluctant to jump into this as I was just the person who asked a couple of questions, helped confirm Mr Popkin's identity, and did a summary to move it to MABS.

But oh well.

First, we need confirmation that 'sten' is really Doug DeRenzo. I know that IIF merged the threads to draw him out but there is no information in this thread confirming sten's identity. IIF has access to more information than the rest of us in here so he may already have the confirmation that is needed.

Second, to address this:

It seemed to sum up the Bullshido website. I am Sensei Doug DeRenzo. I decided to try a little experiment to test the Bullshido "team" of experts".
    You did not come on here to 'test' anything. The fact is, you started a thread in Newbietown where trolling/flaming is a bannable offense; Newbietown is the safest place on the site. Your first posts were:

anyone been to mukashi no jutsu on long island?
    Let me know how it is if you go. I trained in a basement school years ago, it was real old school stuff. No BS there. Sten
    Melch, I emailed and asked who he trained Sanda with. John Yuan, a 5 time World Wushu Gold medal winner in Brooklyn.Sensei Darel Chase,Sensei John Craig , Sensei Howard Popkin for Jiujitsu and Master P. Lan for Ninjitsu. Sensei R. Bryhan, Weapons. Any of these look familiar?
    I found Darel Chase, it is Aiki Ryu JiuJitsu, and I think Master Lan was with Hatsumi, I may be wrong.
    thanks for the info but it is of no help regarding my decision to join.any one who has heard of or been there please respond. thanks. peace,Sten
    If sten is really Doug DeRenzo, then from these posts, it is clear that he came on here to advertise his school.

The direction of the original thread (now merged with this one) was simply to make a mention of the school and then, as a 'new member', go check it out and say there is 'no BS there.'

If you REALLY wanted to stir things up and 'test' us, the thread would have been started in the MABS forum instead.

Another point:

No attempt to contact me, Sensei Doug even though my school was in question. I believe enough time has elapsed for someone of the "masters of martial arts" at Bullshido. My email and phone # and address are listed on my website. There was talk of contacting me, by "Uncle Skippy' but no contact. There was plenty of badmouthing and misinformation, though.
    What misinformation? There were comments that were 'badmouthing' based on videos and information from the site, but there was no mention that your system as a whole was poor. Nobody ever came out and said "Mukashi no jutsu is trash" or "It sucks." The comments were about portions of the videos. You are trying to take this to an extreme and falsely claim that you were 'under attack' when you weren't.

Fortunately for you, someone from Master Popkins school noticed his name and he contacted you. I am sure you would never have contacted him.
    Why is that fortunate for us? There was no issue at ALL in the thread up until Mr Popkin came on here to ask why he was mentioned by you at all.

THAT IS THE KEY POINT: There was no 'controversy' until you created one on here by mentioning Howard Popkin.

Mr Popkin came on here to dispute the name-dropping and the likeness of your 2 completely different systems.

THE POINT OF THE MABS THREAD WAS TO DISASSCOCIATE HOWARD POPKIN FROM YOU.

That was settled quickly and completely because we were diligent in confirming Mr Popkin's identity and then asked him questions as to why you would mention him. Case closed.

Sorry to have involved you Howard, I am just trying to have this site clean up its act.. Someone has to help the underdog. I have the utmost respect for Master Popkin and his art.
    You should have respected Mr Popkin and his DECADES of training to not use his name and then mix it in with made-up names (Master P.Lan).

1. create a staff of people that can visually see a class in question. 2.Do not make judgements based on a website ,video or especially the posting of some unknown person. 3. contact the instructor in question.
    1. We do. People visit schools all the time.
    2. Judgments were made on the content of the videos/website and not on the system as a whole. To judge the system as a whole, someone would have to train there or spend extensive time watching classes. It takes a much shorter amount of time to judge the SKILL of the participants though.
    3. There was no need in this case because the controversy was with name-dropping Mr Popkin's name. With Mr Popkin on here, we quickly saw that there was no association with you or your school. The MABS thread was to clearly disassociate him from you.

Again, sorry Howard for dragging you into this. I didn't expect anyone to contact you before I revealed that I was the original poster.
    You had ample opportunity after Mr Popkin made his first post. He is the victim here, not you.
    Last edited by Uncle Skippy; 5/29/2009 1:56pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:53pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sten,

Regardless of what anyone thinks of your sparring videos (and we are entitled to our opinion), the questions of your lineage remain. You plainly listed Mr. Popkin as a teacher, and he denies having trained you.

Can you specifically list your credentials and lineages?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    George Foreman
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

What a porker!

Mas Oyama
    And look at the state of this guy.

If I looked like that I would die of shame!

George Dillman
    Oh no you didn't...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 2:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry IIF and Uncle Skippy if I contributed to a derailment, I just gotten irritated with the attitude of whoever Sten is.
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast