Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 3:19pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Smells like bullshido in the making, it was cool of mr.popkin to come in here and be cordial to the forum, hate seeing innocent people being dragged into crap they have nothing to do with.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2009 4:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I merged both threads. As I was picking through I realized to much context will be lost.

As of this post, any useless remarks will be removed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 3:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

mukashi no jutsu

http://www.themartialist.com/bullshidofaq.htm

I came across this above link one day. It seemed to sum up the Bullshido website. I am Sensei Doug DeRenzo. I decided to try a little experiment to test the Bullshido "team" of experts". too many good schools and teachers are being ridiculed and insulted. I personally do not rely on teaching my art to pay my bills, I am president of a corporation. Some of the others that are picked on here my rely on their teaching for income. That aside, I haven't seen much constructive criticism of other arts, mostly negative bashing and insults. Really, how can anyone take seriously the statement of a poster ,commenting on an art, when the poster has never seen the classes and may live in a different state or country. As an example, look at the Mukashi thread and read the comment about a students video I posted on my site. "Hungry Joe" from Oklahoma calls it "utter crap". Another example, the attack on the name of my school "Mukashi no Jutsu". What about the "School of Ten Thousand Tigers" or the Sacred Pine School or Smiths Karate. Are these schools any less able to teach because their name doesn't appeal to the BS masses?What about the criteria of Professional Ring Fights, every good teacher must step into the octagon to be "approved" by BS in order to teach? I have had real street fights, no amount of ringtime prepares you for that,no matter how "ALIVE" the sparring is. Any teacher that is skilled in his art can keep adult students coming back for more lessons. If the teacher or art is no good, the students(adult) will see this.So what is the need for this site? No attempt to contact me, Sensei Doug even though my school was in question. I believe enough time has elapsed for someone of the "masters of martial arts" at Bullshido. My email and phone # and address are listed on my website. There was talk of contacting me, by "Uncle Skippy' but no contact. There was plenty of badmouthing and misinformation, though.
    I thought that the mention of my "kung Fu" teacher as "Master P.Lan would trigger some sense of intelligence in BS, I mean , Master Plan, come on now. Are you so blind as to not see the obvious. Fortunately for you, someone from Master Popkins school noticed his name and he contacted you. I am sure you would never have contacted him. No one contacted my good friend John Yuan( a real % time World Wushu Gold Medal winner) though. Sorry to have involved you Howard, I am just trying to have this site clean up its act.. Someone has to help the underdog. I have the utmost respect for Master Popkin and his art. Some suggestions for Bullshido, 1. create a staff of people that can visually see a class in question. 2.Do not make judgements based on a website ,video or especially the posting of some unknown person. 3. contact the instructor in question.
    If you cannot do these simple things, do not call yourself a "watchdog" group. I am the President of the Suffolk County Archeological Assoc. and we are a watchdog group, so I am familiar with the workings of one. Your site falls short of the mark. It does though, invite the random criticism, insults and badmouthing of any idiot with a computer. I realize that there are alot of "idiots" in the world, but perhaps you could set a better example. Maybe some positive comments about styles and arts.( other than MMA) I have more to say ,but I will give you a chance to comment. sensei Doug. Again, sorry Howard for dragging you into this. I didn't expect anyone to contact you before I revealed that I was the original poster.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 8:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post

I came across this above link one day. It seemed to sum up the Bullshido website. I am Sensei Doug DeRenzo. I decided to try a little experiment to test the Bullshido "team" of experts". too many good schools and teachers are being ridiculed and insulted. I personally do not rely on teaching my art to pay my bills, I am president of a corporation. Some of the others that are picked on here my rely on their teaching for income. That aside, I haven't seen much constructive criticism of other arts, mostly negative bashing and insults. Really, how can anyone take seriously the statement of a poster ,commenting on an art, when the poster has never seen the classes and may live in a different state or country. As an example, look at the Mukashi thread and read the comment about a students video I posted on my site. "Hungry Joe" from Oklahoma calls it "utter crap". Another example, the attack on the name of my school "Mukashi no Jutsu". What about the "School of Ten Thousand Tigers" or the Sacred Pine School or Smiths Karate. Are these schools any less able to teach because their name doesn't appeal to the BS masses?What about the criteria of Professional Ring Fights, every good teacher must step into the octagon to be "approved" by BS in order to teach? I have had real street fights, no amount of ringtime prepares you for that,no matter how "ALIVE" the sparring is. Any teacher that is skilled in his art can keep adult students coming back for more lessons. If the teacher or art is no good, the students(adult) will see this.So what is the need for this site? No attempt to contact me, Sensei Doug even though my school was in question. I believe enough time has elapsed for someone of the "masters of martial arts" at Bullshido. My email and phone # and address are listed on my website. There was talk of contacting me, by "Uncle Skippy' but no contact. There was plenty of badmouthing and misinformation, though.
    I thought that the mention of my "kung Fu" teacher as "Master P.Lan would trigger some sense of intelligence in BS, I mean , Master Plan, come on now. Are you so blind as to not see the obvious. Fortunately for you, someone from Master Popkins school noticed his name and he contacted you. I am sure you would never have contacted him. No one contacted my good friend John Yuan( a real % time World Wushu Gold Medal winner) though. Sorry to have involved you Howard, I am just trying to have this site clean up its act.. Someone has to help the underdog. I have the utmost respect for Master Popkin and his art. Some suggestions for Bullshido, 1. create a staff of people that can visually see a class in question. 2.Do not make judgements based on a website ,video or especially the posting of some unknown person. 3. contact the instructor in question.
    If you cannot do these simple things, do not call yourself a "watchdog" group. I am the President of the Suffolk County Archeological Assoc. and we are a watchdog group, so I am familiar with the workings of one. Your site falls short of the mark. It does though, invite the random criticism, insults and badmouthing of any idiot with a computer. I realize that there are alot of "idiots" in the world, but perhaps you could set a better example. Maybe some positive comments about styles and arts.( other than MMA) I have more to say ,but I will give you a chance to comment. sensei Doug. Again, sorry Howard for dragging you into this. I didn't expect anyone to contact you before I revealed that I was the original poster.
    Maybe you can do a better job at a 7 posts "I outed bullshido"expose. Thanks for falling into my "Master P.Lan.

I merged the two threads because, I have dealt with egotistical blowhards like you. At 7 posts, this thread wasn't a blip on the radar.

I'd really like Mr DeRenzo to come on here to present his side of the story and see why he included Howard Popkin's name in his e-mail. I'll see about inviting him to the thread.
    When I merged your noobtown thread, with Uncle skippy's thread, you took the bait.

Good Job.

Let me know when you want the deconstruction to being or, when you want defend the assertions instead of ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by edit thread data
    14:43, 26th May 2009 It is Fake Thread merged from multiple threads

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 9:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do you mean deconstruction to "begin"? not really sure what that means .go ahead and begin. sorry I only generated 7 posts , I guess what more could be said by anyone since no one investigated anything. The purpose of BS is to expose fraud, so answer my question, how do you do that without seeing the art? I imagine you will reply that since I am not a blip on the radar ,that I didn't warrant investigating. I made my point with this exercise and it mirrors The Martialist's. A lot of BS here. Ciao.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 9:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, by the way It Is Fake, with 17,000 posts in 4 years, that is 11 posts every day. I guess you don't do much else.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 9:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, by the way It Is Fake, with 17,000 posts in 4 years, that is 11 posts every day. I guess you don't do much else.
    Wow and you are so busy you just happened to find a FAQ, get worked up, start a fake thread, get upset when you aren't investigated, and then rant when no one called you a fraud.

Apparently, you don't do much yourself. Welcome to the club.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/29/2009 12:32am at .

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 12:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    utter crap

YouTube - MUKASHI

Loved the cartwheel at 2:00

Edit - Had to add:

Class Schedule & Fees:
    Monday or Thursday Evenings:
    7pm. - 9:30pm.
    $20.00 per Class
    Private/group lessons available.
    Pricing upon request
    Lord have mercy...... The analogy that comes to mind is that during the Bay to Breakers parade here in the Bay Area people run through the streets naked... and... I have no problem with it as a good bit of the people can get away with it.. heck even if the kids catch a peek its all in fun... Then you get some fat lardass, or some other such monstrosity that should not be running anywhere naked... some people? they should not post on Utube... really and truly some things like this guys combat efficacy... they are best left to the imagination.

I am goign to be sick after wathing that crap....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 4:14am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post

Bottom line
    We've all seen your students sparring... we are not impressed
    Some of your students fight in stance that is past sideways, to the point of almost turning their backs to their opponents.... what's the deal with this? did you teach them this? are they just so afraid of each others deadly skills in mukashi no jutsu?
    Also you still haven't proven that your qualified to teach anything! It looks like you learned your martial art out of a book. $20 per class for that crap? give me a freaking break.
    BTW you should tell your brown belt that you're not promoting him to black until he loses twenty pounds. It'll be the best thing you've ever done for him.
    Last edited by NoTeefa; 5/29/2009 4:28am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 7:58am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like a point sparring tactic, no points if you kick someone in the back. When looking for a dojang I saw plenty of sparring like this before I finally found a place that does not emphasize or encourage it.
    Seeing how sten is a jackass (based on that idiotic I'm better than you post) does anyone expect anything better?
    Last edited by catfishaggie; 5/29/2009 8:00am at . Reason: spelling
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast