Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 4:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    No, I think you are right bro, upon further reflection. This thread has been surreal.

Jeff Cook
    Glad to have put some interest into your, what must be dull lives if this stuff is "surreal". Get out into the "real" world.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 4:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    It's mukashi, done badly, I can't copy and paste from my dictionary. Ah, i could of course use the internetz:

http://japanese.about.com/blkod346.htm

I've been taught how to write kana and kanji, I'm not very good, especially at kanji, but hey, I had real lessons, someone here didn't. Yet another faked skill :D
    So i guess when you write , it looks like a typewriter did it? Have you ever seen handwritten japanese?It doesn't resemble words from a book, as most peoples handwriting doesn't. let me see you paint vertically, in kanji and see how perfect it looks. What childish gibberish.
    "OHH, look, he painted a letter crooked, he must be a lousy teacher. " This is like comedy hour for the mindless. I cannot wait to read a review if anyone does view my class. i can only imagine. If you put half of the time you spent here on doing something positive, instead of just "grasping at straws" to qoute another of the haters that is fond of the strawman phrase, you might amount to something. Yoj , you don't list your location. Are you in New York? perhaps you would like to have a close up look at the writing on the wall.

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 4:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    "OHH, look, he painted a letter crooked, he must be a lousy teacher. "
    Look: You're LARPing. That's the only reasonable interpretation of the crappy videos and half-assed cliches you've spouted here. You've asked us to judge your art on its own terms, and that's what we're doing.

As a LARPer, you still fail. You're getting details wrong that would embarrass an SCA member, a World War II re-enactor...hell, I've seen fursuiters who were more convincing as tigers or wolves or whatever than you are as an old-school Japanese badass. Jesus Christ, the guy in the Holstein costume out in front of the Chick-Fil-A is more convincing than you are.

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 5:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So i guess when you write , it looks like a typewriter did it? Have you ever seen handwritten japanese?It doesn't resemble words from a book, as most peoples handwriting doesn't. let me see you paint vertically, in kanji and see how perfect it looks. What childish gibberish.
    "OHH, look, he painted a letter crooked, he must be a lousy teacher. " This is like comedy hour for the mindless. I cannot wait to read a review if anyone does view my class. i can only imagine. If you put half of the time you spent here on doing something positive, instead of just "grasping at straws" to qoute another of the haters that is fond of the strawman phrase, you might amount to something. Yoj , you don't list your location. Are you in New York? perhaps you would like to have a close up look at the writing on the wall.

No Sten I don't think you understand this critiscism so lets be totally clear:

When you write what is called Kanji it is not merely drawing pictures, there is actually a form to it, a rhyme and reason if you will.... Spend 20 bucks go into the city for a day and get a basic lesson in Kanji for 20 minutes... it will help you immensely.

You will learn that where you start the character, the direction you go and the order in which you stroke the character all effect the way the character looks when it is finished. Most people take the idea that Kanji is a picture representation entirely too literally. Even Katakana is partially based on principles of writing Kanji properly.

You dig Dougie?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 5:10pm

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So how did this asshat end up in YMAS and not being investigated?

Is this just as temporary thing until someone goes out?

I hope so as i agree with Cy. He seems to fail even as a larper.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 5:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a swordsman.
    Then why do you post pictures trying to insinuate that you do? If your brown belt is not practicing sword work, what is he doing then? Praticing switch hitting?

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 5:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So i guess when you write , it looks like a typewriter did it? Have you ever seen handwritten japanese?
    It doesn't need to look like a typewriter, it still looks legible and intelligent. Yes, I've seen Japanese handwriting, and it looks the way it is supposed to. What you have up looks more like the scribbling of a 2 year old.

Each stroke has an order, and when completed even by an amature, it looks a certain way, has a defined shape. What you did reminds me of my high school days when I would go online and randomly copy cool looking characters just because they looked cool on my wall. Similar look.

It doesn't resemble words from a book, as most peoples handwriting doesn't. let me see you paint vertically, in kanji and see how perfect it looks. What childish gibberish.
    I take it you never took a writing class... or you would have known that anyone with even basic skills writes legible. Your arguement is seriously flawed.

"OHH, look, he painted a letter crooked, he must be a lousy teacher.
    No sir, it just proves you are a larper.

If you put half of the time you spent here on doing something positive,
    In the words of IIF which bare repeating, do some research.

instead of just "grasping at straws"
    Says the man grasping at straws...

to qoute another of the haters that is fond of the strawman phrase, you might amount to something. Yoj , you don't list your location. Are you in New York? perhaps you would like to have a close up look at the writing on the wall.
    For once I agree.
    Yoj,だれが。。。 デレンゾウにあいて下さい。そんなLARPINGは許せないんです。
    Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 6/27/2009 5:44pm at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 5:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Then why do you post pictures trying to insinuate that you do? If your brown belt is not practicing sword work, what is he doing then? Praticing switch hitting?
    Major red flag in my book.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 6:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    No Sten I don't think you understand this critiscism so lets be totally clear:

When you write what is called Kanji it is not merely drawing pictures, there is actually a form to it, a rhyme and reason if you will.... Spend 20 bucks go into the city for a day and get a basic lesson in Kanji for 20 minutes... it will help you immensely.

You will learn that where you start the character, the direction you go and the order in which you stroke the character all effect the way the character looks when it is finished. Most people take the idea that Kanji is a picture representation entirely too literally. Even Katakana is partially based on principles of writing Kanji properly.

You dig Dougie?
    I don't claim or aspire to be an expert kanji writer as I am sure you don't go to penmanship lessons for your english writing skills. You dig Dimon?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 6:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cam4276 View Post
    So how did this asshat end up in YMAS and not being investigated?

Is this just as temporary thing until someone goes out?

I hope so as i agree with Cy. He seems to fail even as a larper.

Don't know what a larper means.Why don't you swim over from ireland and look.
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374344454647 48495051 ... LastLast