Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 1:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Mebbe leave this one out as it can connote friendly affection with a peer...
    True, that.

In Japan, I'd often heard it used in a number of contexts.

I was thinking more along the lines of "mischievous little boy".

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    デレンゾウちゃん!!!
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 1:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by humanzee View Post
    デレンゾウちゃん!!!
    すごくカワイイ!!!

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 1:58pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    All I can figure is that Sten was giving a cry for help.. he knew he was teaching Biullshido but could not as the teacher say as much so his more ethical side (Freud's super Ego) caused him to start a thread so that he could, through his actions on the thread confirm for all... the nature of the Bullshido he teaches....

Like Musashi huh? If I had a dime for every "grip the sword like a bat Walmart brand" swordsman who decided they would be like Musashi and invent their own style.... We could all take a nice long vacation with dancing girls and copious amounts of alcohol.

Yeah Dougie its easy the sword and all, anyone can with a bit of creativity and insporation weild a three foot razor blade, or two.
    It occurred to me that he knew this thread was coming, sometime, and so by being in on it at the start he could have his ducks lined up and do some damage limitation.

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 2:47pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    If you want to be TRULY "more Japanese," you would say "bokuto." And of course you would spell "bokken" correctly too, for that Japanese-Western feel, as Yoj just pointed out.
    The terms are interchangeable. My born & raised in Japan kendo sensei has always said "bokken". Actually lots of the sensei in Canada say bokken.

Whatever you call it, his student doesn't know how to use it. That picture belongs in the old Krappy Karate Katana Kamae thread on e-bogu.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 3:33pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    I think this thread is MABS material.
    With seemingly excessive lapring and no solid evidence of teaching credentials and all...

I'm still trying to read the kanji he drew on the side of his garage in one of his photos. I'd be willing to wager デーレンソウさんは 日本語が
    わかりません。
    I gave Dsimon **** and bumped the Williams Aguilar thread into YMAS. This has become of a similar vein.

What do you think of this school?
    10 posts
    *crickets*
    Howard Popkins only met Doug once.
    8 posts
    *Crickets*
    IIF combines the threads:
    *explosion*

See here is the thing, we are going in circles and he is passively insulting everyone while we overtly insult him.

This isn't MABS worthy even if, there are some good things within the thread.

It will be restarted. I moved it here for an eventual cull.

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 4:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    It's mukashi, done badly, I can't copy and paste from my dictionary. Ah, i could of course use the internetz:

http://japanese.about.com/blkod346.htm

I've been taught how to write kana and kanji, I'm not very good, especially at kanji, but hey, I had real lessons, someone here didn't. Yet another faked skill :D

snicker snicker.... I love it. People think that because they don't really see that it makes a difference whether they go up to down left to right or not, when doing Kanji... that it must not to others when you write something. I guess they say "i will just copy it and do a careful job and who will be the wiser?" If they only realized that anyone with a little understanding can look at it and tell: the stroke order, and the emphasis (pressure) put on where the character was started... and if they only realized how silly it looks when these rules regarding stroke order, direction and pressure are not followed...

Well Dougie if you ever do learn how to really write those characters you will live to regret your earlier attempts at transliteration and translation that much is certain. You will feel like a man who wants desperately toi **** in his pants and realizes he is but naked....

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 4:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    You will feel like a man who wants desperately toi **** in his pants and realizes he is but naked....
    Sigged.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 4:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    If you want to be TRULY "more Japanese," you would say "bokuto." And of course you would spell "bokken" correctly too, for that Japanese-Western feel, as Yoj just pointed out.

It's degenerated to chest-puffing and posturing. I'm wondering if anything else useful will come of this thread.

Jeff Cook
    No jeff, nothing more useful will come from it because no one does anything but criticize. What more is there to say. No matter what I say, some childish idiot will try and use semantics to pull it apart, like mispelling bokken. Does the missing letter K make it less Japanese? I mean really, the bulk of the posts here are just trash. No worthwhile talk. No thoughtful review. Someone takes a picture off of the website of 2 students swinging clubs and it becomes a critique of my sword training. I am not a swordsman. I teach what is listed on my site, and before someone posts a quote of the page and jumps around like a little girl shouting " but it says "etc" in the weapons category, I beat them to it.
    And if you want to say there is chest puffing jeff, how is your statement of "Man the **** Up'' to be taken. you seem to do a little of that yourself and you don't have 15 different haters posting against you in this thread.
    They mock what they don't understand.

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 4:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    No jeff, nothing more useful will come from it because no one does anything but criticize.
    That criticism is the most useful thing on this thread. If only you would use it!
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364243444546 47484950 ... LastLast