Administrator

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 11:11am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post

I'm afraid that did not answer my question.
    Good lord the question dodger saying someone dodged a question.

Let's take a walk down memory lane:
    So Kintaton, or whoever wrote that crap, you are what I call a KEYBOARD COWARD. Why don't you do something valuable with your purported skills such as defending the weak or elderly or donate your time to teach underprivledged kids like I do. That is something NOBLE to boast about, not how you bashed someone on a forum. Be a man. My students ,family and friends respect me , not because I am a fighter, but because I don't act like a bully.
    Really? You don't?

Quote Originally Posted by sten
    As to my "overweight" student, he is a formidible fighter and technician.
    OMG you put your student up as a formidable fighter. Yet, you cry when it is thrown back in your face.

Only NEGATIVE comments and now, insinuating that my students are mentally handicapped, threatening to beat them up if they were here. This is exactly the kind of garbage hatespeech that is so wrong here.
    Wait what? Hate speech? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    No teef
    If you had any intelligence to understand what transpired, I posted as someone else as a ruse.

no teefa,ha. no intelligence is better.
    Yet, here you sit using hate speech yourself.

again another example. Skillless bum. Just insults.
    Look guys a prejudgment towards Dsimon without visiting the guy or his school.

I am sure there will be a million more comeback comments and insults to this so Bully Levels can go up,but i believe I got my message across.
    You are higher than catfish and your activity is higher than danniboy is that what you are doing leveling up?

Gotcha. Super Sayian Dougie.

A real man answers questions, something you haven't done.

I have yet to read here of anything positive about my website. No mention of the donation of my and some of my students time and efforts in giving a full days demonstation to a local high school.
    Hahahahaha. Let me get this right. People here rip apart fellow members on their websites, videos, pictures, demonstrations and posts. Yet, you expect a high five for your website and demonstrations?

I have to say it again...do your research or STFU.

As an aside, you don't get kudos for pimping your school. We all know what demonstrations are for and the reasons aren't altruistic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 11:24am

Style: naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    as a left handed person, i will tell you there where no left handed samaurai. Right hand cuts, left guides or steers the sword if my memory is correct (which it might not be).
    It's the other way around. The left hand provides all the power, and the right hand helps with the steering, and with stopping the blade at the end of the cut. When the blade is being drawn or resheathed, the right hand moves the blade, and the left hand moves the saya (scabbard).

It's less a matter of JSA having "right handed"-ness and more a matter of both hands being used, but having different jobs assigned to them. It takes a lot of practice for people of either handedness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 11:25am

Style: naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    I read earlier a statement about interest in swords, if that extends to Nihonto and use thereof please let me know and I'll be happy to contribute if it is connected with the subject of the thread.
    This is a little tangential, but out of curiosity, which koryu sword art do you study?

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 11:48am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by futabachan View Post
    It's the other way around. The left hand provides all the power, and the right hand helps with the steering, and with stopping the blade at the end of the cut. When the blade is being drawn or resheathed, the right hand moves the blade, and the left hand moves the saya (scabbard).

It's less a matter of JSA having "right handed"-ness and more a matter of both hands being used, but having different jobs assigned to them. It takes a lot of practice for people of either handedness.
    True enough, it's easier actually to use the left hand only and strike with a light stick, then do the same but holding lightly with the right and maintain the feel in the left and use the right to brake.

It isnt tangential, because it's the basics of JSA, and it's not displayed here.

Hence, implies zero real training.

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 5:29pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Post 392 is a photo of DeRenzo's brown belt using a sword and it would be great if you can take a look at it and tell us what you think of it even though it is a photo.
    If it's intended to be any form of JSA, it's quite bad as Yoj pointed out.
    I always have an interest in sword work considering I have bad actual use habits in terms of swinging (baseball) and not slicing and the critique may help me when I pratice at home.
    Get to a dojo, the sensei will help you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 6:02pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you take video of yourself and family/friends?
    The photos and video on my website are for my students. I do not post instructional photos. You cannot learn from a picture. If you look at most MA websites, they contain all sorts of pics. Most are meant for the people familiar with the class. Do you feel the need to question me as to why I post video on my website? I am not being rude to you with this statement, but, part of my problem with this site is questions like that.
    What i put on my site is no ones business. No one here cares about my school....
    Mr. DeRenzo,

Obviously I felt a "need" to ask you the question, as I asked the question. I really don't understand why you have a problem with being asked questions. When you put up a website, you are voluntarily putting yourself in the public domain, where any reasonable person will/should expect scrutiny. What you put on your site is everyone's business, as YOU put it out there for EVERYONE to make it their business to read.

I have all sorts of videos on my website. Some numbnutz started a thread about that some time ago, trying to stir up some crap with me - the whole "what's up with this guy, look at his videos, he's a joke and a dumbass! Yuck yuck yuck!" kind of stuff. I answered the question as to what the purpose of my videos were for. A few folks came along and vouched for me - without me asking - and the thread fizzled and died pretty quickly. The OP never even bothered coming back.

YOU determine the outcome of an inquiry into you and your school. Nobody here does that. I wasn't insulted by the inquiry; no reason to. I am all over the net, I am a member of a number of organizations, I am the VP of the USMAF, and a Florida representative of the USJJF - as well as a two-stripe purple belt in the Royce Gracie (BJJ) Network under Charles Dos Anjos. I'm a 47 year old 'traditionalist' with 30 years of MA experience, currently active duty Army and an MACP instructor, with civilian students in FL and CA - and currently a BJJ student. Damn right I EXPECT public scrutiny; I'm a weird old guy who is all over the fucking place.

Too much about me (and I am sure I will be hammered for it), but I am trying to make a point here: You put yourself in the public domain where, by ALL PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS, you should expect and in fact INVITE scrutiny. Acting defensively to that scrutiny will only harm your reputation.

Your best bet is to suck it up, answer the questions you want to answer honestly, politely decline to answer the questions you don't (but be willing to accept the fallout for not answering), and remain as polite as possible in spite of insults.

You came here to attack this site and it's practices. Your attack failed. This wasn't a simple matter of folks stumbling across your website and initiating an inquiry; YOU initiated the inquiry on yourself, with the intent of tripping up the folks here who investigate these things. It failed; it did not work. You received a virtual beatdown because of it. Man the **** up, accept it, and drive on!

Jeff Cook

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 7:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I compete regularly, I am willing to bang with anyone even knowing I will get trashed. My arm is currently in a cast because I was doing MMA sparring with a guy who brutally outclasses me (for the second time, clearly I don't learn).

Now, for the record I did not threaten anyone. I stated that in a competitive fight (or any fight for that matter) your brown belt wouldn't be able to stand up to someone half his size (myself) that's not me threatening to come murder anyone. If I had the opportunity to travel to Long Island I would happily glove up and do some MMA sparring with your students. They would get beat down because you are training them crappily. That's only peripherally their fault. Mostly it is your fault for teaching things that are neither practical or effective.
    You haven't heard anything positive about your video or your pics because there IS NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THEM. They show bad techniques performed in sloppy and ineffective ways. There are so many things wrong that the only useful advice to give your students is "Find another school". Seriously, I like how you're calling me a keyboard coward... I've got more competition video online than your entire school combined. I in fact have more match wins than your entire school combined. I'm not the one who is failing to step up here....

And WTF are these Bully Levels you are talking about? Are you talking about rep? The little green dots? You get those when people like your comments, not just because you post.
    First off, a a supporting member you fail miserably. look at your profile and you will see a heading in bold letters " BULLY RATING". Second, only a complete moron would take your opinion as valid . You state that my brown belt wouldn't be able to stand up to anyone half his size. Who would take you seriously. You know nothing of me or my students,you live in georgia , I am in New York. You are just a bitter boy. As to "banging with anyone even though you would get trashed", that is a losers mentality.No wonder your arm is in a cast. Post some of your extensive video on this thread. I would love to see it. Competition fighting is not the same as fighting for real. My school doesn't enter competitions. We are not playing at a sport. We don't "glove up". We don't wrestle. And you are a Keyboard Coward. Real men don't need to boast and brag of their martial prowess in competitions. Any idiot can enter a competition.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 7:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Post 392 is a photo of DeRenzo's brown belt using a sword and it would be great if you can take a look at it and tell us what you think of it even though it is a photo. I always have an interest in sword work considering I have bad actual use habits in terms of swinging (baseball) and not slicing and the critique may help me when I pratice at home.

It is called a boken. A sword is made of steel.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 7:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Mr. DeRenzo,

Obviously I felt a "need" to ask you the question, as I asked the question. I really don't understand why you have a problem with being asked questions. When you put up a website, you are voluntarily putting yourself in the public domain, where any reasonable person will/should expect scrutiny. What you put on your site is everyone's business, as YOU put it out there for EVERYONE to make it their business to read.

I have all sorts of videos on my website. Some numbnutz started a thread about that some time ago, trying to stir up some crap with me - the whole "what's up with this guy, look at his videos, he's a joke and a dumbass! Yuck yuck yuck!" kind of stuff. I answered the question as to what the purpose of my videos were for. A few folks came along and vouched for me - without me asking - and the thread fizzled and died pretty quickly. The OP never even bothered coming back.

YOU determine the outcome of an inquiry into you and your school. Nobody here does that. I wasn't insulted by the inquiry; no reason to. I am all over the net, I am a member of a number of organizations, I am the VP of the USMAF, and a Florida representative of the USJJF - as well as a two-stripe purple belt in the Royce Gracie (BJJ) Network under Charles Dos Anjos. I'm a 47 year old 'traditionalist' with 30 years of MA experience, currently active duty Army and an MACP instructor, with civilian students in FL and CA - and currently a BJJ student. Damn right I EXPECT public scrutiny; I'm a weird old guy who is all over the fucking place.

Too much about me (and I am sure I will be hammered for it), but I am trying to make a point here: You put yourself in the public domain where, by ALL PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS, you should expect and in fact INVITE scrutiny. Acting defensively to that scrutiny will only harm your reputation.

Your best bet is to suck it up, answer the questions you want to answer honestly, politely decline to answer the questions you don't (but be willing to accept the fallout for not answering), and remain as polite as possible in spite of insults.

You came here to attack this site and it's practices. Your attack failed. This wasn't a simple matter of folks stumbling across your website and initiating an inquiry; YOU initiated the inquiry on yourself, with the intent of tripping up the folks here who investigate these things. It failed; it did not work. You received a virtual beatdown because of it. Man the **** up, accept it, and drive on!

Jeff Cook
    While I agree with you that the website is public and people may say what they wish, my problem is, and with you being near my own age, will understand this, too, too many people say things behind a keyboard, bash and insult people while safe at home. I seriously doubt that much of the crap that is spewed here would be said to my face, or anyone elses for that matter. You do make me understand all the more clearly. that trying to change anything here is nearly impossible, but it was fun trying. and maybe I reached one or two sensible people. Martial Arts ,as I understand them were formed for fighting and war, but th Code Of Bushido was created with Noble Ideals, as was the code of chivalry for knights, etc.
    Tact, class, respect, honor are all noble ideals. Respect of others should come first, not how cool you think you are by posting negative nonsense.
    Again, I expect that from people, I just choose ,as a Martial Artist to fight it.I don't care what people write about me, I have a problem with the picking on of others. Constructive criticism ,yes, insults,no. I am not a lone voice. There are others, some don't want to speak up. I do. i don't know what type of person you are, but I would never judge you personally without meeting you. This site just seems too similar to the McCarthy era.
    As to the beatdown, it's all words. I am a man of actions not words. As I said before, if someone said these things to my face, well, you know what would result.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 8:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tact, class, respect, honor are all noble ideals. Respect of others should come first, not how cool you think you are by posting negative nonsense.
    As I said when this began, it isn't about what you want. Not posting negative? That is all you have been doing since, you outed yourself.

Seriously, one person said something negative and you insulted everybody. Yet, here you sit trying to lecture people on things you don't practice yourself.

Once again back into old territory.

Any idiot can enter a competition.
    Yes and apparently any idiot can teach. Yes, I'm talking about you Doug.