Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 7:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Unfortunately for me and fortunately for the retarded hand wavers you have as students Long Island is a fucking 1000 miles away from me... I suggest Video Gong Sau, I'll post up videos of me in 5 different matches, MMA, Standup, Ground, whatever, and one of your students does the same. Competition only, no in-house stuff,, and we'll see who has the better verifiable record. Sounds like a plan to me... Then I can have a video dance off with Sirc.
    Or send LI guy to deal with this (and don't forget the vid).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 7:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Jeff C.;2155250]Mr. DeRenzo, please note that I am not hurling or curling insults at you. I will leave that to the other good folks here; they are much better at it than I am anyway. :toothy4:

I'm afraid that did not answer my question. You said why your student put it on YouTube. Then you said this, in answer to my question as to why YOU put it on your website: "I put it on the site because it is the only video I had to post." Unfortunately that does not answer my question. What is the purpose of the video? Exactly WHY did you put it on your website? Why did you feel the need that you had to have at least one video on your website?

As I stated much earlier, the two common-sense reasons to post videos on martial arts sites is this: as a training aid for students who may need to refer to a video to refresh their memory, or as an advertisement for the school. Is it one of those reasons, or one I am completely missing?

Jeff Cook[/quote

Why do you take video of yourself and family/friends?
    The photos and video on my website are for my students. I do not post instructional photos. You cannot learn from a picture. If you look at most MA websites, they contain all sorts of pics. Most are meant for the people familiar with the class. Do you feel the need to question me as to why I post video on my website? I am not being rude to you with this statement, but, part of my problem with this site is questions like that.
    What i put on my site is no ones business. No one here cares about my school. They just need to pick on people to feel better about themselves.
    Critical analysis is fine, if you want to look a particular school or style, but to just insult people, that needs attention(IMO). Would I like to post professional quality video showing my class, sure, but as I said much earlier, I lack both the know how and the equiptment to do so. Now, if I put some heading on the pics/video that said, watch and learn from these techniques, then,maybe you could critique them. I have yet to read here of anything positive about my website. No mention of the donation of my and some of my students time and efforts in giving a full days demonstation to a local high school. Only NEGATIVE comments and now, insinuating that my students are mentally handicapped, threatening to beat them up if they were here. This is exactly the kind of garbage hatespeech that is so wrong here. I know not everyone does it, but what kind of moderating goes on here? Is this the Bullshido idea of Martial Arts?
    Keyboard Bullies? This , Howard, and all other rational people reading this, is why I began this. So Kintaton, or whoever wrote that crap, you are what I call a KEYBOARD COWARD. Why don't you do something valuable with your purported skills such as defending the weak or elderly or donate your time to teach underprivledged kids like I do. That is something NOBLE to boast about, not how you bashed someone on a forum. Be a man. My students ,family and friends respect me , not because I am a fighter, but because I don't act like a bully. I am sure there will be a million more comeback comments and insults to this so Bully Levels can go up,but i believe I got my message across.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 8:56am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    Why do you take video of yourself and family/friends?
    Irrelevant statement.

The photos and video on my website are for my students. I do not post instructional photos. You cannot learn from a picture. If you look at most MA websites, they contain all sorts of pics. Most are meant for the people familiar with the class.
    So the video is for an after class training aid?

Do you feel the need to question me as to why I post video on my website? I am not being rude to you with this statement, but, part of my problem with this site is questions like that.
    How is it rude to ask a question unless you are trying to hide something, I do not understand the dancing you are doing.

Critical analysis is fine as long it is not me you are looking at.
    ^ There fixed that for you.

Would I like to post professional quality video showing my class, sure, but as I said much earlier, I lack both the know how and the equiptment to do so. Now, if I put some heading on the pics/video that said, watch and learn from these techniques, then,maybe you could critique them.
    Missed the point, no one ever stated that the quality of the video was poor. Once more, if you did not want someone critiquing what was IN the video do not post it in the public arena that is the internet. As for your statement that you must have a heading in order to critique a video is ridiculous, what was in that video is by your admission what you teach and therefore is open to critique.

I have yet to read here of anything positive about my website. No mention of the donation of my and some of my students time and efforts in giving a full days demonstation to a local high school. Only NEGATIVE comments and now, insinuating that my students are mentally handicapped, threatening to beat them up if they were here. This is exactly the kind of garbage hatespeech that is so wrong here. I know not everyone does it, but what kind of moderating goes on here? Is this the Bullshido idea of Martial Arts?
    You came on here under false pretenses and expect everyone here to be all "make peace not war" when found out? Come on bra, that's bullshit and you know it, this is a Martial Art site. It seems IMHO bra you are under the impression that Martial Arts is a way of inner peace and balance, yada, yada, yada.....IMHO martial arts is war and the study of making the other guy eat it before he makes you eat it bra, there is no balance/harmony only kill or be killed but again that's my opinion. Does that mean I go around puffing my chest acting like an asshole? No, but it means being able to go home while the other guy stays on the ground. Of course this all IMHO.

Keyboard Bullies? This , Howard, and all other rational people reading this, is why I began this.
    It began as an advertisement of your school and then became an expose when caught in lies, you are really McCraying up by insisting on that lie.

So Kintaton, or whoever wrote that crap, you are what I call a KEYBOARD COWARD.
    Again you insult someone then expect no one to return them tit for tat? Again arrogance on your part bra.

Why don't you do something valuable with your purported skills such as defending the weak or elderly or donate your time to teach underprivledged kids like I do. That is something NOBLE to boast about, not how you bashed someone on a forum. Be a man. My students ,family and friends respect me , not because I am a fighter, but because I don't act like a bully. I am sure there will be a million more comeback comments and insults to this so Bully Levels can go up,but i believe I got my message across.
    A real man do not boast about the good things that he may do for the community around him, he just does them. Your family, friends and students may respect you but why should I with the lying you have done, falesly dragging in a third party and insults hurled when critique. You still haven't gotten any message across because you never had a message to begin with, just another fuckwad in a bar trying to pick a fight.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 8:59am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug McFailicus
    So Kintaton, or whoever wrote that crap, you are what I call a KEYBOARD COWARD. Why don't you do something valuable with your purported skills such as defending the weak or elderly or donate your time to teach underprivledged kids like I do. That is something NOBLE to boast about, not how you bashed someone on a forum. Be a man. My students ,family and friends respect me , not because I am a fighter, but because I don't act like a bully. I am sure there will be a million more comeback comments and insults to this so Bully Levels can go up,but i believe I got my message across.
    I compete regularly, I am willing to bang with anyone even knowing I will get trashed. My arm is currently in a cast because I was doing MMA sparring with a guy who brutally outclasses me (for the second time, clearly I don't learn).

Now, for the record I did not threaten anyone. I stated that in a competitive fight (or any fight for that matter) your brown belt wouldn't be able to stand up to someone half his size (myself) that's not me threatening to come murder anyone. If I had the opportunity to travel to Long Island I would happily glove up and do some MMA sparring with your students. They would get beat down because you are training them crappily. That's only peripherally their fault. Mostly it is your fault for teaching things that are neither practical or effective.
    You haven't heard anything positive about your video or your pics because there IS NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THEM. They show bad techniques performed in sloppy and ineffective ways. There are so many things wrong that the only useful advice to give your students is "Find another school". Seriously, I like how you're calling me a keyboard coward... I've got more competition video online than your entire school combined. I in fact have more match wins than your entire school combined. I'm not the one who is failing to step up here....

And WTF are these Bully Levels you are talking about? Are you talking about rep? The little green dots? You get those when people like your comments, not just because you post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 9:20am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    And WTF are these Bully Levels you are talking about? Are you talking about rep? The little green dots? You get those when people like your comments, not just because you post.
    Actually I think you get them for all sorts of things, like a very successful thread. He has made all kinds of points on this one.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 9:31am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read earlier a statement about interest in swords, if that extends to Nihonto and use thereof please let me know and I'll be happy to contribute if it is connected with the subject of the thread.

Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 9:57am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sure there will be a million more comeback comments and insults to this so Bully Levels can go up,but i believe I got my message across.
    Interesting aside, Doug has a higher level than catfishaggie despite having less posts.

At any rate, Doug, we don't post to boost our level. That things only good for Trollshido and even then no one gives a crap. We post because this is a gawdam forum. The whole point is to converse.

Speaking of which....

Why do you take video of yourself and family/friends? The photos and video on my website are for my students. I do not post instructional photos. You cannot learn from a picture. If you look at most MA websites, they contain all sorts of pics. Most are meant for the people familiar with the class. Do you feel the need to question me as to why I post video on my website? I am not being rude to you with this statement, but, part of my problem with this site is questions like that.
    I take photos and videos of my family and friends for the sake of memories. I don't post them on public websites because I don't want them to be viewed by the public. If I do post something publicly for the sake of memories, I do so knowing that the public may scrutinize it. A video I posted on YouTube has received many bad reviews. So be it. I'm not going to go piss my pants because of bad reviews. The best you can do is learn from it and hopefully make a better video. I do hope you, Doug, can produce a better video so that you may show another side of your art that we have not seen.

What i put on my site is no ones business. No one here cares about my school. They just need to pick on people to feel better about themselves.
    Critical analysis is fine, if you want to look a particular school or style, but to just insult people, that needs attention(IMO). Would I like to post professional quality video showing my class, sure, but as I said much earlier, I lack both the know how and the equiptment to do so. Now, if I put some heading on the pics/video that said, watch and learn from these techniques, then,maybe you could critique them. I have yet to read here of anything positive about my website. No mention of the donation of my and some of my students time and efforts in giving a full days demonstation to a local high school.
    Again, if you go back and read the beginning, there were no empty insults. The first posters told your fake identity to go to the school and find out for itself. After the video was posted people said what they said based on what they saw. There were no empty insults.

Once it was revealed that you were a liar, then people started calling you a liar. It's as simple as that.

Only NEGATIVE comments and now, insinuating that my students are mentally handicapped, threatening to beat them up if they were here. This is exactly the kind of garbage hatespeech that is so wrong here. I know not everyone does it, but what kind of moderating goes on here? Is this the Bullshido idea of Martial Arts?
    Keyboard Bullies?
    Moderation is incredibly light here at Bullshido. You've been told this. I don't know why you are asking this again.

This , Howard, and all other rational people reading this, is why I began this. So Kintaton, or whoever wrote that crap, you are what I call a KEYBOARD COWARD. Why don't you do something valuable with your purported skills such as defending the weak or elderly or donate your time to teach underprivledged kids like I do.
    How many old ladies have you saved from a mugging? Seriously, I'd like to see the police report on those. If you do protect the elderly, then you deserve praise. So, please, let us know of your heroics so that you may earn the respect you so very much deserve.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 10:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    I read earlier a statement about interest in swords, if that extends to Nihonto and use thereof please let me know and I'll be happy to contribute if it is connected with the subject of the thread.

Dave
    Post 392 is a photo of DeRenzo's brown belt using a sword and it would be great if you can take a look at it and tell us what you think of it even though it is a photo. I always have an interest in sword work considering I have bad actual use habits in terms of swinging (baseball) and not slicing and the critique may help me when I pratice at home.

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 10:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb View Post
    Actually I think you get them for all sorts of things, like a very successful thread. He has made all kinds of points on this one.
    Correct. One's Bully Level is determined by combination of rep received, rep given, seniority, posts made, and other, even sillier factors.

However, the sad thing is that DeRenzo bothered to note the basis on which this meaningless number is calculated, and then to impute to others the importance which he himself places on such meaningless fripperies.

I pity you, Mr. DeRenzo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 10:58am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as a left handed person, i will tell you there where no left handed samaurai. Right hand cuts, left guides or steers the sword if my memory is correct (which it might not be).