Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:16pm

Style: naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    And i also understand that bullshido members generally don't care about sword arts.
    A few do. There's bullshido in the sword arts, too, and it's worth warning the unwary who have an interest in legitimate sword arts about it. There are other forums that are more focused on swords and other weapon arts, and Bullshido certainly has a very different style and tone to it, but the rigor it brings to its investigations makes it worth following even for those of us who aren't currently training in any unarmed arts.

(I do have to confess that hanging out here is making me wistful that the Judo class at our dojo is scheduled so that it conflicts with kendo practice.)

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    I'm wondering if Mr. DeRenzo read my much earlier post about the purpose of videos. Mr. DeRenzo, why did you post the video and/or what is YOUR purpose for posting the video? Your answer - or lack thereof - will be significant, and should lay the video-thing to rest.

Jeff Cook
    No, he didn't miss it. He purposely only answers statements he can throw red herrings at.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    I'm wondering if Mr. DeRenzo read my much earlier post about the purpose of videos. Mr. DeRenzo, why did you post the video and/or what is YOUR purpose for posting the video? Your answer - or lack thereof - will be significant, and should lay the video-thing to rest.

Jeff Cook
    I explained before but here it goes again. A student made the video and used some free software to put it on youtube a an experiment because I didn't know how to do it. I put it on the site bwecause it is the only video I had to post. That being said, if you want to understand the techniques being used, stop in And you can see them in person and I can explain them. Don't just criticize it. I also explained the benefits of a cartwheel, which not everyone can perform,although it is widely used in Wushu practice. I explained the tech. of fighting multiple opponents, where people here claim that you never turn your back on an opponent. If you just kicked your opponent, you can;t turn to face the next guy? Come on, this is basic orange belt level stuff. I can understand if the BJJ guys don't get it , but most other styles should be familiar with the stuff. Hope that answers your question.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:25pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If one of your students kicked an opponent they sure as hell don't need to be turning away because those shitty no power kicks aren't going to neutralize the person they just kicked.
    The techniques suck. The BROWN BELT doing them sucks. And by inference YOU SUCK. It's a fucking travesty that you are allowed to teach anyone the ridiculous garbage that you are trying to pass off as martial arts. I weigh 140lbs, I'm 5'7", I would wipe the walls with your brown belt and I'd be giving up what looks like 80lbs to do it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My students are really enjoying this. They love to read it and laugh at the insults being hurled( NOT CURLED). They are also eagerly awaiting a visit . Don't dissapoint them.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the students look like they ride to your school on a short bus, stop pretending like they can read.

Face it, they have to be special to pay the prices you charge.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:32pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately for me and fortunately for the retarded hand wavers you have as students Long Island is a fucking 1000 miles away from me... I suggest Video Gong Sau, I'll post up videos of me in 5 different matches, MMA, Standup, Ground, whatever, and one of your students does the same. Competition only, no in-house stuff,, and we'll see who has the better verifiable record. Sounds like a plan to me... Then I can have a video dance off with Sirc.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    My students are really enjoying this. They love to read it and laugh at the insults being hurled( NOT CURLED). They are also eagerly awaiting a visit . Don't dissapoint them.
    Of course they are. I guess they are laughing at you then to.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 11:16pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hope that answers your question.
    Hardly.

Doug

I didn't want to say it before, but nearly every photo of you on your site shows crappy posture or position. Same goes for your students.

Your photos are indicative of someone who really does not know how to move at the level you profess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2009 5:50am

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I explained before but here it goes again. A student made the video and used some free software to put it on youtube a an experiment because I didn't know how to do it. I put it on the site bwecause it is the only video I had to post. That being said, if you want to understand the techniques being used, stop in And you can see them in person and I can explain them. Don't just criticize it. I also explained the benefits of a cartwheel, which not everyone can perform,although it is widely used in Wushu practice. I explained the tech. of fighting multiple opponents, where people here claim that you never turn your back on an opponent. If you just kicked your opponent, you can;t turn to face the next guy? Come on, this is basic orange belt level stuff. I can understand if the BJJ guys don't get it , but most other styles should be familiar with the stuff. Hope that answers your question.
    Mr. DeRenzo, please note that I am not hurling or curling insults at you. I will leave that to the other good folks here; they are much better at it than I am anyway. :toothy4:

I'm afraid that did not answer my question. You said why your student put it on YouTube. Then you said this, in answer to my question as to why YOU put it on your website: "I put it on the site because it is the only video I had to post." Unfortunately that does not answer my question. What is the purpose of the video? Exactly WHY did you put it on your website? Why did you feel the need that you had to have at least one video on your website?

As I stated much earlier, the two common-sense reasons to post videos on martial arts sites is this: as a training aid for students who may need to refer to a video to refresh their memory, or as an advertisement for the school. Is it one of those reasons, or one I am completely missing?

Jeff Cook