Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 6:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: SanDa, MT, Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doug, its the fact that it is posted on your school's website that enables people to examine it. Posted there, it also acts as an outsider's initial look at your school. Some of the people here obviously have issues with your technique as it is depicted through the video on your site. If random people here think it looks ridiculous, then you can be sure that random people who were thinking of training with you have also thought it looked ridiculous. Most people who are looking for a place to train visit the school's website; if it doesn't appeal to them, they won't come down to visit in person. If the video isn't truly representative of your art, then consider taking it down to mitigate the confusion.
    As the past 300+ posts have shown, for most of the other people here, its a question of your credentials. You've given the answer you are going to give, so why do you keep posting?

Hell, I don't even know why I am posting. As Cam pointed out earlier,

"He never answers any questions and instead picks through the hundreds of posts for the few unreasonable comments and quotes them in an effort to show how everyone on the site is unreasonable."

Also you've consistently called out others here for the amount of posts they have. With 74 in the short period you've been a member, you aren't too shabby yourself. And FYI, by posting here, you arepart of the community.

But please, go ahead, focus on the minutia and ignore any real comments and questions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 7:44am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    So I guess that is why the Olympics uses a Hurling Player to judge Ice Hockey,they both stand on ice,right?
    Hurling does not involve ice and is Gaelic, apparently you are not a sports fan. A hurling player does not have to be a hockey referee to be able to judge whether a team has a good coach or not.

<derail-can be move if needed>

When you have something nice to say, you should post. Oh, I forgot, you must be trying to "level up" your Bully rating. This site is like a video game. You actually level up your score by posting. I hope that isn't where the mind of today's young martial artists is at. Do something constructive, start a class perhaps or help people.
    This is what I am talking about, another fucking snide remark. I'm usually an easy going guy except for when someone tries and takes pot shots at me or others. I could care less about some fucking bully level in fact, I have yet noticed it until you mentioned it. As for starting a class, no thank you, I know I do not have the skills or experience to do that and for me to do that would be scamming people and possibly getting them hurt but I know enough to watch the video YOU posted on your site and tell you that your striking is piss poor in it (turning your back on a single opponent). I was nice and you still try and feebly attack me with the "if you can't say nothing nice".....well **** you buddy oIoo, you're just pissed that you can no longer get away with your lies. :f-off:

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 8:00am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm wondering if me meant curling, and just showed himself up as a moron. Well more of a moron...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 8:08am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty View Post
    I'm wondering if me meant curling, and just showed himself up as a moron. Well more of a moron...
    Even if he meant curling, most curlers that I know used to play hockey or real big hockey fans, so IMHO, even that gets thrown out the window, eh?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 8:13am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You haven't answered my question, and you can't without lying, how you come to the conclusion,that my skills are poor? You haven't seen me , my classes,etc. Where is the evidence? Your opinion of a 1 1/2 minute video clip from a student? And YES, the reviewers should be of the same discipline. Tai chi practitioners may know nothing of the intricacies of Silat, and vice versa. That is, if you want to give a thorough review. To merely look at a class or two , what kind of study is that? To rely on 1 or 2 former students of a place, again not thorough. Then again, I guess all anyone looking on Bullshido is interested in is a cursory examination, not an in depth study.
    Your skills as a teacher are CLEARLY poor BASED ON THE AVAILABLE EVIDENCE which is the video and the testing photos posted on your website. If new evidence comes to light then my opinion may be revised. But as it stands, you are a shitty teacher. Now, following from that if you are using the same techniques you are teaching, and you are using them in a similar manner, then you also suck at fighting.

As for your insane criteria... Let me explain once again, Martial Arts is about fighting. If your Martial Art is good for fighting, and the teacher is good at teaching it, and the training methodology is good for learning and applying it then the effectiveness is fairly obvious. It doesn't take a trained expert piano player to tell the difference between chopsticks and Chopin. You are chopsticks. Got it?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 10:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I guess that is why the Olympics uses a Hurling Player to judge Ice Hockey,they both stand on ice,right? When you have something nice to say, you should post. Oh, I forgot, you must be trying to "level up" your Bully rating. This site is like a video game. You actually level up your score by posting. I hope that isn't where the mind of today's young martial artists is at. Do something constructive, start a class perhaps or help people.
    You are an idiot. Once again, you fail to do any research.

Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    If this forum does not suit you, why keep posting here despite mentioning on at least 2 different occasions that you would stop? Do you still have something to prove?
    His students, that he still has, are freaking out and he is losing other students.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 1:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a man of your "alleged" 30+ years experience, that is a narrow view to have of technique. I don't know what everyone bashing on the video clip. Post one of your students videos that they made. Let me examine it.
    Better yet, as I have said endlessly, if you want to really know, see for yourself. And, your comments really aren't witty.
    Thats what they tell me.

Heres the thing about posting videos: I have videos I have made. When I made them they were for a specific purpose, because..... when you put video out there you are asking for it. Hey! when you put a book with pice out you are asking for it.

No, I don's ask for it, you really want to see a video I did on Gyoko Ryu? I will send it to you... it is designed to teach the waza to intermediate level students... period... We get into a few concepts which I explain as such ont he video so people know thats what we are doing....

I also have some other viddoe made more recently about knofe disarms and such.... what I do not do is post a video of some crap and ask people to evaluate me. Thats just stupid.

So yeah I will post a video for you and i will also tell you why you were a dumbass to post the video you did. No I would never post something that haphhazard UNLESS there was a specific purpose behind it so sorry no can do on that account.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 2:05pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is silly. Regardless of the quality of the content, the point of videos on club websites is to say "This is what we do at this club".

It's like a demo team doing a stint in the local mall, it's showing off the clubs training.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 2:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only showing off the training, but generally showing off the VERY BEST you have to offer. Our old TKD demo team was made up of folks who could pull off the best flashy kicks, the biggest board breaks, etc... The people that were the cream of the school. That's the kind of face you want to put on for potential students. And the same is true on the internet. When I see a video on a schools website I generally expect it to be a video of the BEST that school has to offer. Not just some screwing around. So either Mr. DeRenzo's best is pretty pathetic, or he's terrible at marketing and put up a very crappy video as a piece of advertising. If he didn't want his school judged on the content of the video then he shouldn't have put it up there.

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 2:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    So either Mr. DeRenzo's best is pretty pathetic, or he's terrible at marketing and put up a very crappy video as a piece of advertising. If he didn't want his school judged on the content of the video then he shouldn't have put it up there.
    Or at least tried to defend his credibility by providing some training history...
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit