Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 7:01pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    If Bullshido's intention is to be the watchdog group or Consumer's Reports of the Martial Arts world, then ,Yes,there should be teams of reviewers.
    Do you get yet that this site serves many purposes? Why not make your own site if you do not like this one so much?

If not, then this is just a site for people to give their opinions.
    Once again for those who are slow to grasp. This site is a community of people with shared interest. Some sections such as the Gym and School Rating Section, are sections for people to give their opinions and others to read an weigh the opinions. Other sections, such as the one we are in, are for investigations that are handled differently.

I like to stick up for the underdog, not beat him down with a mob mentality that I see here. Yes, fraudulent teachers should be exposed. No, innocent people should not be picked on or insulted.
    Can you provide evidence of innocent people being exposed. You are conflating investigation and review again.

To have an unknown person give a review of a school like that is not fair and balanced reporting. What is to stop someone with a grudge against a certain school from posting a bad review?
    This community is not FOX News. We assume that people have a critical thinking brain . If they refuse to use it, that is their fault. The review is different than the investigation. Do you have evidence of harm from a review? Yes or no. If you don't, your point are without merit of any kind.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Various judo/juitsu seminars - Wally Jay, Yoneska, Cahil, Depasquale Sr. And Jr., Even rolled a bit with Royce and Rorion at their first visit to the east coast in 92.>>>

To which I say, Phui.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 7:10pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mukashi no Jutsu is the name of my business, the name of the school, not the ART I teach. Does you have a basic bit of common sense?
    I teach jiujitsu.
    Who are you trained under? Oh that right, you claimed Howard P. as your jiujitsu teacher. He outed you as not having trained under him. Based on your own statements, then you are unqualified to teach. Want to try again.

Also, can you point to anyone bashing your style? All I have seen is bashing the crappy video posted and your lying about credentials and ducking questions on credentials.

Are you qualified to teach is the question. The way it usually is determined is by qualified, traceable lineage or rank in the art you teach. There are a few exceptions to this and you have not given reason why you should be an exception to this.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 7:23pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jiujitsu of Mukashi no jutsu? I'm not having a pop as such, but, pick a romanisation system and stick to it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 7:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    If a person is "unknown", then how would (s)he have developed "a grudge"?

Is not an "unknown person", without any history of involvement in the school (one way or another), more likely to give an impartial assessment of that school?
    I mean a person knowing the school, a former student perhars or someone personally involved in some way. What stops them from posing as an unbiased reviewer, a I posed as a person interested in a review? That was all.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean a person knowing the school, a former student perhars or someone personally involved in some way. What stops them from posing as an unbiased reviewer, a I posed as a person interested in a review? That was all.
    Actually, you were pimping your school.

The attention you received was not what you expected.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 8:22pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    Can you provide evidence of innocent people being exposed. You are conflating investigation and review again.
    You have how many people asking you this same question? Seriously, Doug, without the answer to this question your whole purpose for starting this thread has no foundation. You believe we have harmed innocent martial artists, yet you haven't named a single ONE!

I just don't get why you started this thread.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 8:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK Haggie. How come you don't address the mistake about his Combat Judo comment? You conviently ignore the truth?
    Come on the t-sipping hippies of t.u. can do better than haggie, you carpetbagger. I can't speak for why Mark said what he said ask him, I was only addressing you calling him a liar.

Again, what proof do you have that someone has benn damaged by a review or investigation?
    Last edited by catfishaggie; 6/23/2009 8:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 8:51pm

Style: Anything Goes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mukashi no Jutsu is the name of my business, the name of the school, not the ART I teach. Does you have a basic bit of common sense?
    Yes.

I teach jiujitsu. My school name is Mukashi no Jutsu. Is that clear enough for you? When you register a business in New York, you need to call it something. I could have called it Doug's JiuJitsu, Bending Willow School of Martial Arts or anything else. I chose Mukashi no Jutsu. Don't like the name, Sorry, can't please everyone.
    I'mma just quote the google page on this one. Input 'mukashi no jutsu' and it reads: "mukashi no jutsu is an ancient style of jiu jitsu that is suitable for todays lifestyles." (emphasis added). Is an ancient style, not is a school. What am I supposed to think?

So, feel free to send out the BS jiujitsu crew, the "stand up style" group. Better yet, just stop picking on people, insulting people over a keyboard.
    I'm not picking on you. My problem is with your argument. I have no problem with you. I aim to keep it that way. Please don't make this hard for me.

I would weager that most of what people write here, they would never say to someone face to face. It is all too easy to badmouth over the internet. No one that has met me and seen my classes has anything negative to say, and if they did, well, they are wise enough to keep it to themselves. That is enough for me.
    Let me repeat back to you what you just said: "No one that has met me and seen my classes has anything negative to say, and if they did, well, they are wise enough to keep it to themselves."

Why is it wise to keep their criticisms to themselves? Are you suggesting that an honest critique is unwise? Or is it unwise if the critique finds your style/school lacking?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 9:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz