Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what you train but, that is the correct thing to do. You make up a fake name, you make up ONE FAKE TEACHER, then mixt it in with real people.

You then say "AHAHAHAHA" I caught you?

I'm still trying to figure out how that works. All the names are real except one so, we should know he was a liar trying to troll the website?

*Shakes Head*

That shows how sad this guy really is in life. Howard Popkins exists. His three other teachers are real.

Uhmm yeah why would anybody continue to check you out? Just like your buddy Erik Mccray can't understand, a liar is a liar. I don't care what you teach, or how effective it may be, if your honor and integrity are in question, I'm not training with you. I'll then tell others not to train with you either.

I think you purposely claimed Mr. Popkin and got caught. Then you purposely claimed Akikijujitsu under a specifric org and got caught.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    AND, if you read what I write, you would have seen that I said IMO that the idea of Bullshido is good. It's the investigative methods that I question, and the unfounded insults from people never having been to the schools in question. I have read your reviews of schools that your "people" have visited.
    What schools or threads are you referring to? Please cite proof of your hypothesis.

If you want to have a credible review team , it should be staffed with a group of martial artists from the style in question that identify themselves,and ask the teacher if they may review his school . To ask posters of Bullshido to go and "check" out a place is not a proper way to approach things.
    Do you understand what a dojang/dojo/school review consists of and the differences between that and an investigation?

There will always be mean , negative people that just have nothing positive to say. Maybe a little more "moderation" may help. The attention to my own school was a vehicle to bring this subject to the forefront. I know it's been done before, but I felt I needed to add to it.
    Again, you brought this on yourself. If you really had a problem you would've have actually discussed it and not lie about who you are and who you studied under. I also doubt if you wanted to "add" to this site with the way you treated Mr. Popkins with your little attempt at a morality play.

The only good that I can see that will come from this thread is that prospective students will go to Mr. Popkins for instruction as opposed to you, IMHO.
    Last edited by catfishaggie; 6/23/2009 12:57pm at . Reason: syntax

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 2:45pm

Style: Anything Goes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to have a credible review team , it should be staffed with a group of martial artists from the style in question that identify themselves,and ask the teacher if they may review his school.
    ... huh.

So, if I'm understanding right, you're saying that Judoka should go to a judo school, a bjj artist should go to a bjj school, etc. So, are there any Mukashi no Jutsuka here?

... oh, wait, there aren't, are there? Which basically means that Bullshido is qualified to examine everyone except you. I see. Well, that's fine. We'll just have to wait for some Mukashi no Jutsuka to climb on here and-

... oh, except that any Mukashi no Jutsuka that come here will be trained by you and thus will almost certainly introduce an element of bias into any judgment they might pass.

How... interesting.
    Last edited by Kishi; 6/23/2009 2:47pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Sten,

I do not need to go to your school. You call what you are doing "Combat Judo" and you have Z E R O Judo skills to make that claim. Period, end of discussion.

Everything else here is flummery.

A is A sir. You made a claim that is clearly bullshido.
    Please ,get your facts straight. I don't call my art Combat Judo. Where did you get that from? Furthermore, ytou just reinforce my point yet again. How can you make the statement, "you have Z E R O Judo skills"? You don't know me. You are a liar or a very confused man. Typical Bullshidoite. Drink some more KoolAid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please ,get your facts straight. I don't call my art Combat Judo. Where did you get that from? Furthermore, ytou just reinforce my point yet again. How can you make the statement, "you have Z E R O Judo skills"? You don't know me. You are a liar or a very confused man. Typical Bullshidoite. Drink some more KoolAid.
    Mtrip is far from a liar, if you would actually read what is in the threads, you would see how he reacted when someone asked about his credentials. Then again that requires reading.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    If you don't like the methods, go somewhere else. You brought yourself into this.

Red herring. You just switched to review from investigation. They are two different things. Are you hurt no one would come and review your school?

What complaints do you have about people visiting schools and using the criteria given as a guide on rating them?

This is just plain stupid. The review section is for people train at a particular school.. We are a community of people with similar interests. There is no need to have a team go an review every school members go to. A member has specific criteria that is to be used to rate a school. That is how a review is done. Now if you mean an investigation, that is different.

Here is what you are suggesting

Prospective student (PS): "Hi, I was interested in X school. Anyone here heard anything?"

Sten's Ideal: "Wait. Our team will go out and review it. What style is it, so we can make sure we have a group willing to travel there on our expense and tell you our opinion."

PS: "How long should I wait? I would like to start training soon."

SI: "When we are done, we will do a write up. Just wait. We have to get our team mobilized and find flights. That may take some time. Where is this located again?"

PS: "It is in podunck, USA. Nearest airport is 200 miles away."

SI: "We'll get right on it."

Yes, Phrost is just rolling in the money. All the mods, forum leaders, and admin, are just getting rich working their jobs and volunteering their time to the site .

Why? Your school was unknown before, and now it is out there that you have no certification to teach Combat Judo. You are known to be a deceiver. As IIF pointed out, you made some changes already when called on them. Looks like Bullshido is working just fine to me.

If Bullshido's intention is to be the watchdog group or Consumer's Reports of the Martial Arts world, then ,Yes,there should be teams of reviewers. If not, then this is just a site for people to give their opinions.
    I like to stick up for the underdog, not beat him down with a mob mentality that I see here. Yes, fraudulent teachers should be exposed. No, innocent people should not be picked on or insulted. That is my beef.
    To have an unknown person give a review of a school like that is not fair and balanced reporting. What is to stop someone with a grudge against a certain school from posting a bad review? And I don't teach Combat Judo. I don't know where that came from on the posting here. It's like a game of telephone. Peace.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Mtrip is far from a liar, if you would actually read what is in the threads, you would see how he reacted when someone asked about his credentials. Then again that requires reading.
    OK Haggie. How come you don't address the mistake about his Combat Judo comment? You conviently ignore the truth?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishi View Post
    ... huh.

So, if I'm understanding right, you're saying that Judoka should go to a judo school, a bjj artist should go to a bjj school, etc. So, are there any Mukashi no Jutsuka here?

... oh, wait, there aren't, are there? Which basically means that Bullshido is qualified to examine everyone except you. I see. Well, that's fine. We'll just have to wait for some Mukashi no Jutsuka to climb on here and-

... oh, except that any Mukashi no Jutsuka that come here will be trained by you and thus will almost certainly introduce an element of bias into any judgment they might pass.

How... interesting.

Mukashi no Jutsu is the name of my business, the name of the school, not the ART I teach. Does you have a basic bit of common sense?
    I teach jiujitsu. My school name is Mukashi no Jutsu. Is that clear enough for you? When you register a business in New York, you need to call it something. I could have called it Doug's JiuJitsu, Bending Willow School of Martial Arts or anything else. I chose Mukashi no Jutsu. Don't like the name, Sorry, can't please everyone. So, feel free to send out the BS jiujitsu crew, the "stand up style" group. Better yet, just stop picking on people, insulting people over a keyboard. I would weager that most of what people write here, they would never say to someone face to face. It is all too easy to badmouth over the internet. No one that has met me and seen my classes has anything negative to say, and if they did, well, they are wise enough to keep it to themselves. That is enough for me.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:58pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Bullshido's intention is to be the watchdog group or Consumer's Reports of the Martial Arts world, then ,Yes,there should be teams of reviewers. If not, then this is just a site for people to give their opinions.
    I like to stick up for the underdog, not beat him down with a mob mentality that I see here. Yes, fraudulent teachers should be exposed. No, innocent people should not be picked on or insulted. That is my beef.
    To have an unknown person give a review of a school like that is not fair and balanced reporting. What is to stop someone with a grudge against a certain school from posting a bad review? And I don't teach Combat Judo. I don't know where that came from on the posting here. It's like a game of telephone. Peace.

If I went to a restaurant in order to critique the food that was being provided to their clientele, I would not tell the chef what I was doing as he would definitely be inclined to concentrate all his culinary efforts on my dish which would negate the possibility of a balanced review.
    If Bullshido were to tell a school in advance we were coming to review, it is a possibility the instructor would pull all his high grades in while telling his lower grades to take the night off and focus on techniques to wow the review team. That review is worthless to the average joe looking to start training.
    People here are not malicious without reason. You keep providing reasons to be malicious.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To have an unknown person give a review of a school like that is not fair and balanced reporting. What is to stop someone with a grudge against a certain school from posting a bad review?
    If a person is "unknown", then how would (s)he have developed "a grudge"?

Is not an "unknown person", without any history of involvement in the school (one way or another), more likely to give an impartial assessment of that school?