Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/22/2009 8:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Where you are located is a state (or a cesspool) known as New Jersey... ever heard of it? In this high tax haven they actually want to start licensing fees for martial artists... their excuse? "martial arts is an unregulated industry."

Would you prefer the state to tell you what you can and cannot teach in the dojo? When an industry does not regulate itself there is a danger that regulation will occur elsewhere. This place is an example of people stepping up and trying to take some responsability that way. If consumers don't do this and if teachers don't support them then you will have a lot more to cry the victim role about.

When you start throwing names around and put material up for scrutiny you put yourself out there... most people get put in that position because they did something which might have been a misrepresentation or fraud.... you asked for it.

I don't see why you can cry foul under those circumstances.
    ^^^
    This is the best explanation I've seen of this aspect of Bullshido's importance. It needs to make it into an FAQ.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 2:02am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am tired of listening to whiners.
    Hopefully, you don't talk as you type you'd be deaf.

Things can be learned on the net with out ever visiting the person in question. Oh you just created another red herring. You art was never in question your creds were. You are now blaming the webmaster for a weird, very specific, misspelling of a particular org which, was suddenly changed when someone pointed it out.

CY busted someone earlier lying about claims.
    Also, another BJJ Black Belt was busted the other day. Things get done and people keep whining. You judged your art we judged your actions. You are right, you don't have to show anybody anything. If those three students should have been five, our work is successful.

This website is fine.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    Jeff, er, too close to too much artillery?

[Obi wan]

This isn't the thread you're looking for....

[/Obi wan]
    What is a 214? what are you talking about? military service? I am not a vet.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    ^^^
    This is the best explanation I've seen of this aspect of Bullshido's importance. It needs to make it into an FAQ.
    I live in New York. Another example of the fine skills of BS.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:32am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    I live in New York. Another example of the fine skills of BS.
    You would know.....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 6:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AND, if you read what I write, you would have seen that I said IMO that the idea of Bullshido is good. It's the investigative methods that I question, and the unfounded insults from people never having been to the schools in question. I have read your reviews of schools that your "people" have visited. If you want to have a credible review team , it should be staffed with a group of martial artists from the style in question that identify themselves,and ask the teacher if they may review his school . To ask posters of Bullshido to go and "check" out a place is not a proper way to approach things. Anyway, I fear this will fall on deaf ears because there is too much money at stake here in advertising revenue and the controversy BS creates is liken to the National Enquirer. There will always be mean , negative people that just have nothing positive to say. Maybe a little more "moderation" may help. The attention to my own school was a vehicle to bring this subject to the forefront. I know it's been done before, but I felt I needed to add to it.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 7:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sten,

I do not need to go to your school. You call what you are doing "Combat Judo" and you have Z E R O Judo skills to make that claim. Period, end of discussion.

Everything else here is flummery.

A is A sir. You made a claim that is clearly bullshido.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 10:34am

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the investigative methods that I question, and the unfounded insults from people never having been to the schools in question.
    If you don't like the methods, go somewhere else. You brought yourself into this.

I have read your reviews of schools that your "people" have visited.
    Red herring. You just switched to review from investigation. They are two different things. Are you hurt no one would come and review your school?

What complaints do you have about people visiting schools and using the criteria given as a guide on rating them?

If you want to have a credible review team , it should be staffed with a group of martial artists from the style in question that identify themselves,and ask the teacher if they may review his school .
    This is just plain stupid. The review section is for people train at a particular school.. We are a community of people with similar interests. There is no need to have a team go an review every school members go to. A member has specific criteria that is to be used to rate a school. That is how a review is done. Now if you mean an investigation, that is different.

To ask posters of Bullshido to go and "check" out a place is not a proper way to approach things.
    Here is what you are suggesting

Prospective student (PS): "Hi, I was interested in X school. Anyone here heard anything?"

Sten's Ideal: "Wait. Our team will go out and review it. What style is it, so we can make sure we have a group willing to travel there on our expense and tell you our opinion."

PS: "How long should I wait? I would like to start training soon."

SI: "When we are done, we will do a write up. Just wait. We have to get our team mobilized and find flights. That may take some time. Where is this located again?"

PS: "It is in podunck, USA. Nearest airport is 200 miles away."

SI: "We'll get right on it."

Anyway, I fear this will fall on deaf ears because there is too much money at stake here in advertising revenue and the controversy BS creates is liken to the National Enquirer.
    Yes, Phrost is just rolling in the money. All the mods, forum leaders, and admin, are just getting rich working their jobs and volunteering their time to the site .

There will always be mean , negative people that just have nothing positive to say. Maybe a little more "moderation" may help. The attention to my own school was a vehicle to bring this subject to the forefront. I know it's been done before, but I felt I needed to add to it.
    Why? Your school was unknown before, and now it is out there that you have no certification to teach Combat Judo. You are known to be a deceiver. As IIF pointed out, you made some changes already when called on them. Looks like Bullshido is working just fine to me.
    Last edited by BoonDog; 6/23/2009 10:38am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 11:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it we are impolite when he lied, he had false names on his website, and he started the investigation. Let's not forget the insults in his "I'm doug" post.

Look in the mirror, everything you complain about you do.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    6/23/2009 12:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say dragging an entirely unrelated third party into his fucking mess is a little impolite too.

I believe Mr Popkin is being very gracious considering the circumstances.