Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 3132333440 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 10:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    been trying find out where he studied but haven't found anything yet. I will admit my google-fu is weak.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 1:57pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in NY, Long Island to be specific. I can check it out.

What is the link for his website again.

Mind you I am would be going in with a neutral mind on the subject, as I have only skimmed the thread, not really in depth of reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 2:08pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I'm in NY, Long Island to be specific. I can check it out.

What is the link for his website again.

Mind you I am would be going in with a neutral mind on the subject, as I have only skimmed the thread, not really in depth of reading.

http://mukashi.org/default.aspx

There is a "contact us" link on the left nav. you can use to contact Mr. DeRenzo. I would recommend you write to him first and make sure the visit will be a friendly one -- there has been a lot of bad feeling in this thread.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 4:19pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roger that. It looks like it is on the premises of a masonry supply, same phone number and everything. I may just pop by on one of his Monday's. Those are the only days that I am not instructing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 6:07pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roger that. It looks like it is on the premises of a masonry supply, same phone number and everything. I may just pop by on one of his Monday's. Those are the only days that I am not instructing.
    Thanks Dark, looking forward to hear about what you experienced while there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 8:04pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm eagerly anticipating your report. :la:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2009 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Funny

Now I'm more confused then ever.

Initially, Sensei DeRenzo's web site said - Kokusai Jujutsu Renmei. That is Shoto Tanemura's group.

Like it or hate it, its legit.

Now it says,

"Sensei Doug DeRenzo a certified 3rd Dan Kokusai AikiJitsu Kai Ren mei.
    He has been training for over 20 years. Sensei Doug has studied Jiu Jitsu, NinJitsu and San Da (Chinese Boxing). He is trained in a variety of weapons including Bo/Jo Staff, Sai, Shuriken, nun chuka, knife, cane etc. All classes are taught personally by Sensei Doug. "

1) I don't know when he changed that, but I have not been able to find any proof such an organization exists.

2) You make no mention of an "aiki" based style, yet its in the name of the group ?

Doug, since you dxragged me into this, I'm asking ?

Time to be honest.

Howard

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popkin View Post
    Now I'm more confused then ever.

Initially, Sensei DeRenzo's web site said - Kokusai Jujutsu Renmei. That is Shoto Tanemura's group.

Like it or hate it, its legit.

Now it says,

"Sensei Doug DeRenzo a certified 3rd Dan Kokusai AikiJitsu Kai Ren mei.
    He has been training for over 20 years. Sensei Doug has studied Jiu Jitsu, NinJitsu and San Da (Chinese Boxing). He is trained in a variety of weapons including Bo/Jo Staff, Sai, Shuriken, nun chuka, knife, cane etc. All classes are taught personally by Sensei Doug. "

1) I don't know when he changed that, but I have not been able to find any proof such an organization exists.

2) You make no mention of an "aiki" based style, yet its in the name of the group ?

Doug, since you dxragged me into this, I'm asking ?

Time to be honest.

Howard
    Howard,
    I corrected the spelling error of "Remnei", put the Aiki in where it belonged. Poor proof reading on my webdesigners part.
    Anyway, if you need satisfaction, I can make a visit to you and demonstrate my Aiki. I will bring a Uke. Email me and we can discuss details. I do this as a courtesy to you. Doug.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 8:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Doug

Not necessary. The point here was that you dragged me in as a reference, then made up organizations too.

If you really are sincere about your apology then just be honest about your training history.

Best of luck,

Howard

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 8:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popkin View Post
    Not necessary. The point here was that you dragged me in as a reference, then made up organizations too.

If you really are sincere about your apology then just be honest about your training history.

Best of luck,

Howard
    Ok, let's get a few things straight. I apologized for using your name in order to get Bullshido to respond. My training history is available to all of my students. If someone wishes to learn more, they may ask me personally, not demand ,as this website does. I, nor anyone else, has to justify themselves on some internet site. I made up no organizations. I have diplomas to prove my training history. Want to see them,you all know where I am. Anyone want to truly judge my abilities, you know where to find me.Want to see "alive" sparring, step onto my mat. My whole point here is to show,as this conversation right now is doing , is that nothing can be learned over a keyboard. If someone wants to learn if a school is good ,go see for yourself, don't take the words of some stranger on a webpost. When I came to your class, I didn't look at your credentials, I looked at your abilities. A piece of paper tells me nothing. This whole Bullshido site exists because anyone can have a piece of paper. If there was less insult and more serious investigation or research, it would be a great site. Unfortunately,many people with nothing better to do than insult people, populate this site.
    If my posting here made some people think twice before writing negative falsehoods or baseless insults, then it served its purpose. I really do not care what anyone other than my family and students think. I swore oaths
    to protect innocents. I intend to keep them. Feel free to visit me if you want. Doug