Our Sponsors:

Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 3031323339 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 8:06am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost could be the devil incarnate, but that would have no bearing on how legitimate a third parties claims are, unless of course they were using phrost himself as a reference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 8:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=martialist

Why is the owner of this site (Phrost) , creating and posting this photo? An obvious insult. How does this help people that would want to study with this guy? This is not unbiased. Bullshido should rise above cheap shots and insults. Especially the head BS'er. Just thought I would point this out for others that read this. And Phrosts gun photo looks alot like a pic you would find on The Martialist website. Interesting.
    It's called humor, most members of this site have it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 9:20am

Style: Basically Bad Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great, now I can't stop reading the Phil Elmore thread. Thanks guys.

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 9:57am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's your point with posting this photo? Phrost likes his guns and he likes Rupture clothing. I see nothing wrong with this. Let's keep the point of this thread on you.

Why is the owner of this site (Phrost) , creating and posting this photo? An obvious insult. How does this help people that would want to study with this guy? This is not unbiased. Bullshido should rise above cheap shots and insults. Especially the head BS'er. Just thought I would point this out for others that read this. And Phrosts gun photo looks alot like a pic you would find on The Martialist website. Interesting.

1. Like I said earlier, the topic of this thread is YOU. Let's stay on topic shall we?
    2. Actually, Phil himself created and posted those photos.

At any rate, it seems your hatred for this website stems from your bleeding heart for the martialist, aka Phil Elmore (considering you link suggests you're searching for threads on him). I believe you should really cast a larger net and see what more Bullshido has to offer. If you can see the bigger picture your opinions might be different.
    I'll link you to this thread
    What We're About and why Phil Elmore is Still a Twit - No BS Martial Arts

and then politely ask, once again, that you stay on topic.

EDIT: please, PLEASE, read every single word of the original post, instead of skimming it and saying to yourself "this is just more blind hatred for things Phrost doesn't know!"
    Last edited by danniboi07; 6/08/2009 9:59am at .
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 9:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is your first warning.

You will either discuss your investigation or, I'm culling all this crybaby I hate bullshido garbage to another thread.

It will be titled: Doug Derenzo Legit Complaints or Strawman.

I've given you some leeway but, it stops after this post. All you are doing is, trying to conflate the issue YOU STARTED with bogus arguments.

Oh and do some research on Phil or shut the hell up. This is the second time I told your ass to do this. Before you ask, You claim to be a president of a Research based Academic Society,.

That society is involved in research, do some or shut your mouth.

No one should train with Phil "I have no legit training" Elmore. The way you defend him, I'm starting to wonder more about your qualifications. Liars tend to defend other liars.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone else had any luck finding anything on Gregor?

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 10:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Has anyone else had any luck finding anything on Gregor?
    Since Mr. DeRenzo failed to elaborate on that name or it's significance, I am assuming it is a false lead.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 10:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he said he used ninjitsu for basically advertising so tomorrow I'll try and hit his website and see if I can find something about his credentials on any other arts he listed.

Is there anybody in New York willing to check him out or are we going to call this one done?

Sorry I couldn't find anything on Gregor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 10:16pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm late coming to this thread; I have struggled through most of it for the past 90 minutes (hey, what can I say, nothing on TV tonight!). I expect most of you to humor my line of thought for a minute, as it was a monumental task to subject myself to this thread. ;)

One thing that does not make sense, that is contradictory, that I feel has not been hammered home yet: the purpose of the video on the website.

Videos on martial arts websites serve usually one of two purposes: instructional - as memory aids for students of that particular school, or as advertisement. A sparring video is almost always intended for advertisement.

So, let's assume that premise - the video is an advertisement to attract students to try out the class. In that respect, Mr. DeRenzo, you have an expectation that your video will be judged favorably by prospective students; you want them to see it, go "wow, I want to learn how to do that, I am impressed!" and then eagerly come down to your garage to sign up. You are inviting - in fact demanding - judgment. Of course, I certainly understand why anyone would expect and hope for positive judgment, but one hand sometimes holds the wish while the other one fondles a big pile of steaming poop.

You cannot demand how prospective students judge you. It is also disingenuous to wail, bitch, and moan about people seeing the video and "judging" your school, when in fact that is the primary purpose of the video. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't complain if people saw the videos and judged your class in a positive light, just as I am pretty sure you would not accuse B.S. of being unprofessional for "judging" your class positively based on the video.

Anytime you put up a sparring video, you are taking a chance. Suck it up!

Jeff Cook

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2009 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And still, despite the number of bullies in NY, no person here has made a visit to Doug's dojo.

Furthermore, no one from his dojo has entered this thread to speak on his behalf.

Good to keep this thread alive awhile longer Jeff.