Posted On:
    6/06/2009 2:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Fu ling u was my first choice....
    Now that is hysterical. Very good MTripp. Wish I had thought of it.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 2:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We did not review Mr Tripp's school, there were some questions about his credentials that were quickly handled. However since that time Mr. Tripp has amply demonstrated his abilities by holding seminars which were attended by several Bullshido members.

There are 3 components to every investigation, Truth in lineage, teaching ability, and fighting ability. We have found people who have completely true and correct lineage who can't fight or teach worth crap, we've found great fighters with no lineage or inflated lineage, we've found great teachers who can't fight worth crap, etc... etc...

The whole point is to get as much information available to the interested consumer as possible. If someone knows your lineage is the truth then they know you are honest, if they see evidence of you or your students competing then they can get an idea of the relative effectiveness of what you are teaching.
    This helps narrow down the choices of which schools to visit in person. It's always better when people are cooperative, and I never understand why they aren't. If you are running a good school, that teaches good material that is effective then why wouldn't you want to spread that information around?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 3:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sten,

Now that you are back in the conversation. Where is Gregor located, US, Russia, Japan? Is this is your instructors full name or just what he used around everyone? For example, my first name is Stephen but everyone in my family, coaches, bosses and instructors calls by my middle name Chad.

I am having trouble trying to locate this gentleman and maybe if you want to start being honest you can at least give everyone a "barrel" to look in.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 6:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    We did not review Mr Tripp's school, there were some questions about his credentials that were quickly handled. However since that time Mr. Tripp has amply demonstrated his abilities by holding seminars which were attended by several Bullshido members.

There are 3 components to every investigation, Truth in lineage, teaching ability, and fighting ability. We have found people who have completely true and correct lineage who can't fight or teach worth crap, we've found great fighters with no lineage or inflated lineage, we've found great teachers who can't fight worth crap, etc... etc...

The whole point is to get as much information available to the interested consumer as possible. If someone knows your lineage is the truth then they know you are honest, if they see evidence of you or your students competing then they can get an idea of the relative effectiveness of what you are teaching.
    This helps narrow down the choices of which schools to visit in person. It's always better when people are cooperative, and I never understand why they aren't. If you are running a good school, that teaches good material that is effective then why wouldn't you want to spread that information around?
    Kintanon,
    I am not trying to be dishonest.
    Neither my students nor myself enter competitions for points or any other organized matches. The techniques we employ are usually applied with atemi ,although not all of them. They are rather difficult to apply in a mock match and the subtlties are difficult to judge when they aren't applied fully. We do train occasionally with another school. There is a partial list of some techniques on my website. I have invited people down to my class to see for themselves. But again, I did not start this thing so that people could see my abilities. I wanted to see a fairer ,more polite treatment of teachers/styles. If you want to judge my abilities,my address is on the website or email me. i am not interested in a huge amount of students or nationwide recognition. I prefer that the techniques stay with my small group. Thank You. Doug

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 6:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Sten,

Now that you are back in the conversation. Where is Gregor located, US, Russia, Japan? Is this is your instructors full name or just what he used around everyone? For example, my first name is Stephen but everyone in my family, coaches, bosses and instructors calls by my middle name Chad.

I am having trouble trying to locate this gentleman and maybe if you want to start being honest you can at least give everyone a "barrel" to look in.

I will not assist someone that calls me a douchebag and other insults. You see, if someone said that to my face, I would certainly not still be conversing with them, and they would,t be conversing back with no teeth. Proving the point yey again, that some people will post things without thinking what they are doing. Would you answer someone that insulted you?

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 6:57pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My life has been threatened on this forum and yet I still respond. Now would you PLEASE respond to my previous posts?
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 7:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sten View Post
    I wanted to see a fairer ,more polite treatment of teachers/styles. If you want to judge my abilities,my address is on the website or email me. i am not interested in a huge amount of students or nationwide recognition. I prefer that the techniques stay with my small group. Thank You. Doug
    No, you started it as an expose. You didn't bother to look at other threads where instructors are treated fairly.

I will not assist someone that calls me a douchebag and other insults. You see, if someone said that to my face, I would certainly not still be conversing with them, and they would,t be conversing back with no teeth. Proving the point yey again, that some people will post things without thinking what they are doing. Would you answer someone that insulted you?
    Interesting. So, when a simple answer would suffice, you would resort to violence?

Wow. That negates some of the things you said earlier.

Oh, I mean that negatively.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 7:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kintanon,
    I am not trying to be dishonest.
    Neither my students nor myself enter competitions for points or any other organized matches. The techniques we employ are usually applied with atemi ,although not all of them. They are rather difficult to apply in a mock match and the subtlties are difficult to judge when they aren't applied fully. We do train occasionally with another school. There is a partial list of some techniques on my website. I have invited people down to my class to see for themselves. But again, I did not start this thing so that people could see my abilities. I wanted to see a fairer ,more polite treatment of teachers/styles. If you want to judge my abilities,my address is on the website or email me. i am not interested in a huge amount of students or nationwide recognition. I prefer that the techniques stay with my small group. Thank You. Doug
    Our process is BLINDINGLY fair. It requires that people prove their claims. You, as a martial arts instructor, are claiming that you can and do teach people to defend themselves. For that reason we request proof that 1. you are qualified to teach the techniques, and 2. that the techniques are effective under pressure in a non-compliant situation.
    These two things are VERY easy to demonstrate. Present your lineage with references. Video you or one of your students in a non-compliant setting using the techniques under pressure.

See? Simple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 8:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, you don't like being called an ass when you are acting like one. I make no bones about it, I don't like you and yet here I have been wasting my money trying to help you out. Apparently you think we take it as a LOL, we don't. I took vacation time from work for another investigation and you bitch about being called a douche when that is how you are acting.

**** you then. Either prove your linage or shut the **** up. If I was in new York I would say this to your face but since I live here in Texas this board would have to suffice. It has now gone way past the time of put up or shut up.

I think this should be moved to YMAS. All we get is a lying advertisement of a school, the dropping of names, involving innocent parties and page long posts of justifying these actions. After all that no question is getting answered from the person complaining about persecution.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/06/2009 9:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is right where it should be. Let everyone see how he got himself investigated.